Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White scars Contemptor and Praetor are up for preorder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,703 posts
As the title says. Only the terminator and Contemptor at the moment.

99550101622_SMWSContemptorDread01.jpg
https://www.forgewor...readnought-2019

99550101620_WSCataphracillPraetor1.jpg
https://www.forgewor...ii-Praetor-2019

Edited by Brother Tyler, 05 April 2019 - 11:10 AM.
Images/links added

• Vel'Cona, The_son_of_Dorn and Volt like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,105 posts
That Terminator is gorgeous
  • Chaoself likes this
banana

The_son_of_Dorn

The_son_of_Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,794 posts
  • Faction: All and none
Tasty!

Very very tasty.

My alternate Heresy http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/326705-another-alternate-heresy-with-no-fallen-primarchs/

"When you decide to die remember to give your enemy the same honour"  

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,703 posts

Thanks for the Edit Brother Tyler i was trying to do it but the page was being twisty :)

I like them, im annoyed that they didnt put the PA praetor, Leviathan and speeder up yet.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,843 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines

I had always thought White Scars considered incarceration in Dreadnoughts an eternal torture.  I wonder how this has been rationalized/retconned in-canon?

• Machine God, PJ1933, Nocturne Noble and 1 other like this

Seems like these models will never end!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts

I had always thought White Scars considered incarceration in Dreadnoughts an eternal torture.  I wonder how this has been rationalized/retconned in-canon?

So the fluff goes that while that is the general feeling among the legion, obviously Dreadnoughts are a powerful asset and necessary.

Instead they are usually assigned guard duties on ships/ garrisons but in times of dire need will march to war alongside the main brotherhoods. Commanders consider it both a boon for their strength but also an ill-omen, as utilizing the Dreadnoughts in open war must mean the most dire of circumstances.

• Ashur, Nocturne Noble, Sete and 1 other like this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts

The terminator praetor is fantastic. Not wild about the triple topknot but his dao is very cool, as is the cybereagle and the overall pose.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
That contemptor right up there with the best ones, absolutely gorgeous.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts

That contemptor right up there with the best ones, absolutely gorgeous.

The rear of the legs are a bit of a let down... They're the normal design as opposed the the MkII / III design on the DG & WE ones.

• Fenbain likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I can't wait to see some the frater here work their magic on both.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,703 posts

the dreadnought looks like one of the robots from Futurama XD

• Ashur and Brother-serpent Tylydox like this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Forgeworld are seriously doing a great job with the White Scars...that Terminator is awesome. For IMO such a "sleeper" legion in general I can't wait to see the Khans model whenever it is finally released may even move me into buying some at this point.

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,448 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

I had always thought White Scars considered incarceration in Dreadnoughts an eternal torture. I wonder how this has been rationalized/retconned in-canon?

It hasn't. They still feel that way.

Ever wonder why White Scars tend to be rather reckless in combat? Partly just their nature, and partly that they'd rather be killed outright than be mortally wounded.

The thing we need to remember is that not liking something doesn't necessarily equal a refusal to do it ever. My own Raven Guard dislike frontal assaults on fortified positions, but that doesn't mean they'll never do it. Similarly, not wanting to end up in a dreadnought doesn't equal a flat out refusal to use them.
  • Sandlemad, apologist, Nocturne Noble and 1 other like this

ShadowCore67

ShadowCore67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
Them white scars models making me want to switch legions
  • Ashur likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 942 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

I think that was more of a Chogoris (sp?) superstition. Up to the time of the HH, the majority of Dreads in the WS legion were Terrans. I believe it's expanded upon in the Malevolence book.

Spoiler

• Walter Payton likes this

NocturnalAnimal

NocturnalAnimal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
  • Faction: 30k White Scars

Pre-ordered both those bad boys, though annoyingly I'm on holiday when they'll turn up. These are going straight into my Heavy Armoured Scars force.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,384 posts

I think that was more of a Chogoris (sp?) superstition. Up to the time of the HH, the majority of Dreads in the WS legion were Terrans. I believe it's expanded upon in the Malevolence book.

Spoiler

Cool bit of fluff, thanks for digging that up!

• Biscuittzz likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,965 posts

Gotta love them!

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,674 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
That dao is outta sight. So cool!

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,420 posts
@ Velcona
Most WS dreads are Terran

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,038 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
I like the terminator Praetor, I don’t like that it’s £28 rather than £25 like the other terminator Praetors have been recently (when £25 is already a lot for them).

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

I had always thought White Scars considered incarceration in Dreadnoughts an eternal torture. I wonder how this has been rationalized/retconned in-canon?

The writers at the Heresy Weekender expanded on that slightly during the New Model seminar. Mainly that for the Scars there’s a real pleasure in fully experiencing warfare with the senses; the rush of wind through their hair, the smell of combat, the sound of blades clashing and the sight of battle all around them. To be interred into a Dreadnought is to lose all of those senses, to be replaced with mechanical sensors relaying information at its most basic level. For the White Scar interred it’s akin to sensory deprivation, not being able to experience a battle in the same way as his bretheren do. So as a result they become more solemn and less joyful, and spend most of their time away from battle and tend to perform guard duty on capital ships, typical protecting important areas like gene-seed storage and data archives. They also fall outside of the typical White Scar brotherhood organisation, and instead have their own brotherhood (I think Abuja called it the Brotherhood of Dawn and Dusk, or something akin to that), and so whilst Dreadnoughts aren’t typically there for commanders to use in operations, occasionally and one will request to be assigned to a particular campaign. Although it’s seen as an ill omen for a Dreadnought to ask to be brought along, the commander rarely refuses his interred brothers wishes. I think it’s a good way to bring together the background into a thematic setting for the Scars.

Plus this and the Leviathan are lovely models to boot!
  • Nocturne Noble, Volt, Petitioner's City and 1 other like this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,420 posts
So WS dreadnoughts are very dour and grumpy like Shiban encumbered with the Shackles
  • Ashur likes this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

I like everything about both models, save one major detail: why is the Terminator Praetor in Cataphractii instead of Tartaros? wouldn't that make more sense for the Scars speed focus?

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,165 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Rules often sell models, and cataphractii is the most popular terminator armour. Sweeping is nice, but you don't need tartaros armour to sweep; you can pay exactly the same to have the same gear in artificer. Cataphractii gives an otherwise inaccessible tier of defense to centurions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users