Unorthodox paint schemes?

Exilyth

I did mine with silver armour, purple robes.  Characters are gold armour, purple robes, mix of hair colours.  Teal/blue as spot colours.  Vehicles were black with purple/gold/silver, sometimes with a cream colour...in hindsignt I regret doing the vehicles black as they tend to blend into the tabletop without much pop.

I don't have pics but here is a link to a youtube batrep, skip to 2:20 and there's some pretty good closeups of my army.  Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YpeQ67FzJE&t=208s

Edited by bkde

The Mekhitarians have red armor and purple robes - a branch-off from the Order of the Bloody Rose, which is bloody convenient with the way the rules sets work now, and my personal thirst for CC. :p

I don’t have many images uploaded but there are a few in my gallery. Darn inconvenient to include them in a post when writing from a mobile platform, so I will edit them in when I’m back on my PC.

Edited by Mekhitar

I used Mephiston red, with wild rider red highlights, over black primer. When I get the new models, I’m actually going to start with screamer pink over the base and work up from there. I used that combo in some fire dragons and I reaaaally like the look.

No pics right now but my colour scheme is:

Gehennas gold for the armour, dark brown for leggings, blue for tabards/cloth and white for fleur de ly's and mask plates. It's a nice vibrant and different colour scheme though I know a lot of people don't usually go with gold for sisters but heck I like it. My gun and chainsword cases are painted red, I also do red plasma coils and I think red eye lenses? Hair I'm not sure on, could go white, red or do a mix of natural and dyed colours.

Edit: I'll probably also liberally apply blood for the blood god when more are finished so my order of bloody rose rules make more sense ;) I do love my CC

Edited by Lightbox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"XENOS ALWAYS DIE!" :lol:

It does look good :)

I do need to update mine. I want to change the white armour for silver. That'll be a hell of a lot of striping and repainting though... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I’m very looking forward to the plastic release of sisters,

My own chapter/force - “The Sisters of Avalon” will be done in the new Grey Knight steel metal base with the cloth/ cloaks etc done in a

split scheme of Burgundy and bone ... I saw the scheme on some Knight from the movie Kingdom of heaven years ago and wrote it down with the thought of doing a sisters army in it one day !!... which luckily is soon to be happening!!.

Cheers, Mithril

Margulix, what a wonderful scheme! The use of colors is so refreshing, the white treatment mixed with the metallics, I just can't

emphasize how pleasing.

Ganders, the blue is a great choice and the 2 tone hair on the Gemenia looks boss. Keep it up.

SS, the lavender has such a soft glow to it, bet your army looks great on the table.

As for me, NOW that plastic is on the horizon, I'm going to finally (most of you who remember me) come up with a scheme that pleases me, finally (said that). All of you posting here have given me inspiration. I have Celestine and the girls, Varidyan and the witch hunter, hmm, that's it but soon, more! Now it's time to start on them so I can keep up as the releases come out to beat able to field a completely painted army when I debut them on the table in their first game.

• 1 month later...

Schemes I've considered over the years. Still haven't settled on what I want to do, and it's driving me nuts.

All in spoilers because otherwise this would be one large post:

This one is inspired by the minor Order that considers Mephiston a living saint:

Here's a few where I can't settle on what shade of green to go after. All (loosely) inspired by the Hospitaller in green in the Art of Sisters thread:

Edited out most of my links because they suddenly just quit working :(

Edited by taikishi