kill team tokens in one thread please

In terms of how I use the forum, nothing could be less useful than moving the event discussion out of N&R and seemingly replacing it with multitudes of Kill Team Token Threads.  

Looking forward to how this can be improved.

I mean it got mentioned multiple times now and the mod and admins stand has always been a firm 'no', but I also stand with my opinion that these upload threads have no place in the N&R subforum and should have their own. Most people who check the N&R or even have it subscribed like me don't give a :censored: about these upload threads so it really only comes across like spam.

Please, there has to be a way to stop the thread being created at all.

Or for the posts to be created in their own subforum.

I assume the forum doesn't automatically come with a forum called News, Rumours and Board Announcements and so where the upload posts go can be moved?

Any time a new file is uploaded to the DOWNLOADS section, the software creates an announcement that appears in the NEWS, RUMORS, AND BOARD ANNOUNCEMENTS forum. They're news of something new that players can use, just like news about new products, decals, etc.

As far as the tokens go, there is a consolidated topic in the Kill Team sub-forum, and the tokens are also linked in the relevant faction-specific forum.

There are a lot of the tokens announcements simply because I've been pushing on getting tokens for each of the factions represented in Kill Team, with a strong push at the end of the week to get the Adeptus Mechanicus tokens done. I'm working on the Astra Militarum tokens next, but those are going to be a bit because I'm revising a few.

The thing about DOWNLOADS announcements is that they tend to get pushed off the front page quickly when other (more interesting) discussions take place, and these aren't going to be any different. Right now there are just a lot of the tokens announcements simply because I uploaded a bunch in a fairly short span of time, so this request is based on an anomaly rather than a steady state issue.

Archived