What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

20200909_084404.jpg?width=908&height=681

20200909_084348.jpg?width=908&height=681

20200909_084256.jpg?width=908&height=681

So this kinda got out of hand. Started with painting a single squad. Then noticed I enjoyed painting these models so I added 6 more to get a 10 man squad with the banner for my army. Had to make the decision to stop investing time into the squad as I need to find a balance between quality and quanity. Most likely I could have spend another 5 hours per model but euh, I still have 4 indomitus boxes to paint aside the pile of shame thats lying here (2 levi dreads, 2 deredeo dreads and like 8+ boxes sealed)

Tested them out three times so far, 2x vs Tau, 1x vs SM. They more or less acted like objective contesters versus the Tau whereas they actually saw combat versus the marines matchup. Didn't do the mathhammer beforehand but I quickly noticed that if this squad charges, it tends to kil 5 intercessors on average which translates to them ''earning their points back'' I know this is a bad 4th edition habit to look at units like this but I can't seem to shake this logic off in a couple of battles. 

Next time il try to wield multiple squads over just 1 and see how that goes. I have the feeling this unit is underrated in general and thus am planning to give them a couple more games before I draw a verdict. So far I have been pleased with their performance.

Awesome stuff guys.

Emurian I gotta ask, are those all Vixtrix heads?

Just personally I got a bunch when the Horus Heresy stuff came out. They have the same heads (they have shields with great ultra symbols on the which I used as Stormshields elsewhere.)

Awesome stuff guys.

Emurian I gotta ask, are those all Vixtrix heads?

Just personally I got a bunch when the Horus Heresy stuff came out. They have the same heads (they have shields with great ultra symbols on the which I used as Stormshields elsewhere.)

The Axe wielding dudes? I have 5 of them, they will be sacrificed for the Bladeguard, those powersword shields are to good not to use.

My current Queue :

1. Finishing completely painting two Fire Angels(UM) 5 man tactical squads and a Sicaran Punisher(currently 3 color). This will enable me to play my 2k army as is on the field without losing the 10 points versus anyone who cares.

2. Finish painting 3 Night Lord Warp Talons- just a little left to do. For some reason I only had 7 built and painted. Oddly they are the only Night Lord squad I have.

3. Finish a Noise Marine squad,(not sure if its the second half of a full ten man or a 5 man and a tactical with a rotor cannon.

4. Finish painting a Necron Seraptik. Mostly just putting on the 'ard coat and the glowing orbs. With the huge handicap super heavies have now thiws guy has pretty much been a thing I worked on when things in the above 3 are drying.

Are you seeing a theme with my projects that aren't my current primary project? I haven't even made 9th lists for anything outside my necrons, marines, and IG(which are my only 100% painted army)

Next up: To break up the monotany

10 man Ork nobs I am going to use as Skar boyz

A battlewagon with supa cannon(based on a land raider chassis

Work on some Minotaur marines(gotta remember how I painted my originals from several years ago lol

Do more than base 3 colors on my Fire Angels as individuls

According to Black Blow Fly im.not allowed to mention my source. I think whats allowed to say is that I pleaded for a major favor to get this done.

Wink, wink, understood.

I can most likely figure this out for myself.

Either way they look great.

Aloha good men and women of Macragge, hope you're all having a glorious Sunday. 

Just need a bit of advice. 

My first army is starting to come along now, but aesthetically I'm not completely sold on how the first born models look next to their Primaris counter parts. I was wondering if there was a general rule on whether it's considered okay to kit bash say the jet packs and weapons of my assault marines and stick them on the assault intercessors? 

Likewise with Dev squad/Hellblasters, Tac/Intercessors etc. 

Against my friends and local store it's fine, but I'm going to be travelling with work quite a bit and I was hoping to take my Leviathon Chapter with me and squeeze a few games in, maybe attend a tournament if Nurgle ever buggers off. 

Just wondering what the general consensus is and if there are any official rules? 

In your local meta I'd say go ahead.

Traveling to distant shops depends on the people there, could be ok.

Tourneys are a different matter. The TO will make that determination.

As far as looks go, I've seen some done this way and they looked good.

I have played numerous GW tournaments at Warhammer World against people using primaris bodies and first born arms and heads. There was actually a brilliant looking world eater army that did this to great effect. As long as the conversions have the weapons and backpacks the first born would usually have and can be easily identified from standard primaris then you will have no problem imo. First born look awful next to primaris scale imo Edited by Subtleknife

• 3 weeks later...