What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

Wonder what it'll be!

I'm going to be working on painting a 3D printed Captain that I loved the look of, a converted Cataphractii Ancient, Reaper Autocannon and Plasma Blaster squad members and maybe I'll build a new Captain for funsies.

On my desk I am working on finishing up a Sicarian Omega for my Fire Angels(UM Successors) a Captain dude Bro(named greenwing character) for my Star Phantoms and a fully converted Assault Intercessor squad for my Carcharodons.

Next in queue is a full Praetorian squad for my all infantry IG, finishing up details on a plasma inceptor squad for my Fire Angels, and a Redmeptor with 3d printed plates and head for my Carcharodons.

This is typically how I paint things so I don't get bored with doing the same thing over and over. Vehicles tend to be the last things I get around to. I still have three or four repulsor type vehicles for my SPs(and its done, no really, it will be done), a few transports for my FA, and a bunch of stuff in general for my Carcharodons. Future plans for just marines are to knock out the vehicles once my current lists are finished(everything barring the sharks are already built with three+ colors thus my simply finishing the details and I have no clue what's left of my FA to detail).Once I finish my Carcharodons I will start  working on my Fire Angel 1st company list and repainting a pile of minis from previous armies and a few sprues. Trying to avoid buying anything new for the time being and reduce my pile of shame.

I'll let you guys have a guess, on what this is.....

A skeleton being turned back into a living human with the help of Calgar's Power Fist. Obviously.

Wow! how did you guess!?!

I have a little work left to do on the feet of the cultist, but other than that I think I'm done.  If any of you guys have any comments or criticisms I would appreciate it, as this IS the time to fix anything that needed fixing.

fQ3hqNp.jpg

O7GrzkU.jpg

jV5sors.jpg

wq7iVrd.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

A skeleton being turned back into a living human with the help of Calgar's Power Fist. Obviously.

All according to plan THE CODEX ASTARTES:

Concept: Neo-Fulmentari Terminators

This is the base skeleton I quickly threw together with blu tack

Hidden Content

fQJgasV.jpg

iAGCMt9.jpg

I know the original Fulmentari were Cataphractii, and I have spare parts to adjust the shoulders. I do prefer the classic pattern though. Gotta go with the times. We are in M42, Cataphractii are sooOOOOoooo M31.

Yay or Nay? Suggestions?

Edited by Frater Cornelius

so awesome

thank you! It was really a test of my patience. Lol

All according to plan THE CODEX ASTARTES:

Lol, too true!

Amazing !!!

You are really going to enjoy Calgar - he is a beast.

Thanks bro! I've been thinking about change out the cultists right arm to one holding a knife or a spear or something. Cuz it kinda looks like the cultist jumped to attack him, and calgar caught him in mid air. What do you guys think?

Cornelius: looks good to me! Took me a minute to even notice that was gravis and not termy armor. :)

@space wolf - The Gravis body is actually quite well proportioned. It is the stupidly oversized guns on the arms that make then look top-heavy. The Power Fist is the original with the gun removed, so even those are well sized.

Besides, really shows how the helmet, and to a lesser degree the Crux Terminatus, really are the defining visual hallmarks of a TDA ;)

Edited by Frater Cornelius

Thats some impressive sculpting going on there.

My dad always told me to ask advice from people that first show they have the skill rather then a silver tongue so here is my question to you, sorry if this is somewhat off topic.

war_bear_4_01.jpg

I have this idea for a loooong time in my head to convert some Vostroyans on these bears as shown above. The thing is, Vostroyan models are really expensive overall thus I am not comfertable going through a trial and error phase with those models. (The bears are also quite expensive. .)

How would you approach mounting such a model on this bear? Would you simply cut an infantry model through its torso near the waist and then sculpt the legs? Stealing the idea your showing with the pre sculpt, I could use some necron legs as a base and reposition them to sit on the bear and work my way from there. 

Gonna try to keep it semi on topic by contributing something from my side.

20210514_145002.jpg?width=380&height=67620210514_145009.jpg?width=380&height=67620210514_145023.jpg?width=380&height=676

Tbh, I have been focussing A LOT lately on fixing my Epic Eldar. They just take less time then the marines with all the omega and shoulderpad freehanding and their more enjoyable to paint on masse as their aspects have different colours so it doesnt feel so. . . conveyer belt like work to pump them out.

I have been talking with some of my closest friends and I proposed to them to try a 2000 point game 4th edition style 40k while using Epic models. The only thing that we will need to houserule is how templates work. Aside that I just want a nostalgic trip to the old days when we were kids. Also, the marine codex back then was much simpler in terms of the amount of units vs the 98 data sheets nowadays. . 

The game will be within 2 weeks and we are starting out with 2k as a testrun. If it runs according to plan then we will upscale the points steadily based on what I have finished. By my rough estimates I should end up with around 23 000 - 30 000 points worth of 4th edition Eldar based on the models I currenly own and still need to finish.

So yah, I will post at least something when we are simulating those epic battles no worries =). For SM I am going to aim to finish 1st till 3rd company with some Legio Praesagius titans as *cough* support. These guys are after all the Legio that has been ''saved'' by our Primarch and ''granted'' the forgeworld of Gantz in Ultramar.

20210417_095836.jpg?width=380&height=67620210417_095849.jpg?width=380&height=67620210515_070932.jpg?width=1202&height=67

Edited by Emurian

Thank you gentlemen, you honestly, humble me.

First Victrix Guard

I'm trying to make it look like a snapshot in time, where the cultist had charged, and the V. Guard has thrust into him, and is coming back to the recovery position as the cultist falls to the ground.  You guys let me know if I was successful.

zpjcZpI.jpg?1

C5mcW81.jpg?1

1lUM0G0.jpg?1

So I am SOOOOOOO much happier with this new calgar head.  I took one of the intercessor heads, per majkhel's suggestion (in my plog thread), and modified it to look like Calgar.  IMO he has so much more of a Duke Nukem look to him. Like "I'm gunna rip your head of and :censored:  down your neck!"  Also, since I painted it separate, I was able to put so much detail into it....I know its a no brainer, but I think I'll probably paint bare heads like this from now on.

c52fUOW.jpg?1

OjvpjqP.jpg?1

DheB4Bh.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...