What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

Working on a Ultramarines Primaris only army at the moment.

So far only got 500 points painted so slowly building that up. trying to finish up a unit of Veteran intercessors and after that the Phobus Lt & Librarian from shadow spear.

I just finished my first batch of Primaris only, I'm an Iron Hands man but those are all old marines (14k points)...but broke down to UM Primaris just to be playable again.

The implication in the forum location of this thread is what Ultramarines are you working on... ;)

So far only got 500 points painted so slowly building that up. trying to finish up a unit of Veteran intercessors and after that the Phobus Lt & Librarian from shadow spear.

Ooo how are you making Veterans stand out for Intercessors?

My force is Vigilus and all 3 interceptor units are veterans. I'm following Codex paint schemes so I gave the Sgt a red helm with a white stripe over the crest.

Does that mean the Intercessors themselves are white helmed?

That is my plan. If we apply standard Ultramarine heraldry practices to the Primaris brethren it cements them as rightful heirs to the legacy of the XIIIth.

My greater conundrum is the damnable lack of an Indomitus Crusade campaign badge. Vigilus got one, and a book series.

Ooo how are you making Veterans stand out for Intercessors?

Unfortunately nothing too exciting I've only just got back into 40k so I dont have any bits to convert with so it's just kit bashing and using parts from my limited left over sprues.

These veterans are forming part of the company command squad (with Apoth, ancient etc.)

However I do plan to make a 1st company squad of veterans and want to go all out on those.

I'm also planning on making a primaris Company Champion in the hope we will rules for this. If not I'll just use it as a standard one.

I just finished my first batch of Primaris only, I'm an Iron Hands man but those are all old marines (14k points)...but broke down to UM Primaris just to be playable again.

Yh that's why I went UM as well. Love the lore and they have the most options at present.

That is my plan. If we apply standard Ultramarine heraldry practices to the Primaris brethren it cements them as rightful heirs to the legacy of the XIIIth.

My greater conundrum is the damnable lack of an Indomitus Crusade campaign badge. Vigilus got one, and a book series.

Yh that's how I've painted mine too.

I havent had much time to work on any warhammer stuff but getting back to it with my Ultras. Currently on my desk is a Land raider I'm magnetising so it can be fielded as Godhammer, Excelsior, Crusader, Redeemer or Terminus Ultra as required. Got the Terminus Ultra parts yesterday so just need to plan out where the magnets are going.

I've only marked the Sgt out as a Vet, I'm doing mine as 4th company so they are still battle-line. I just used the classic designation as being led by a Vet Sgt...otherwise where do all the old marine vets go?

Even though it seems Guiliman has decided to really rewind the Codex to a pre-Heresy edition. (Ie dedicated Vanguard companies, via Shadowspear)

That's cool. Magnetising looks too difficult for me so I always look on at a well magnetised model in awe.

It will be the most complicated one I've done. I've magnetised the cannons on two of my knights but that was easily done with a big blob of greenstuff in each end and some super glue for the magnets.

• 2 weeks later...

Image request. Has anyone done Veteran Intercessors? I'd love to see how they turned out.

The Vigilus formation is all we are going to get for it, so I'm running that ball as far down field as I can.

I've added purity seals to each model, I'm considering adding them to the guns as well.

We have the Crux Terminatus shoulderpad for Vanguard and Sternguard marines, but Primaris don't have Terminator honors. Would a special shoulder pad help differentiate these guys?

If so what do you think it should look like?

I'm skilled in ZBrush so this could be a cool side project.

Let me know.

And post your Veteran Interssesors.

Here's some work in progress:
2umqyo9.jpg

Only one guy is close to being done. For the blue I did black primer undercoat, macragge blue basecoat, drakenhof nightshade for recess shading, then altdorf guard for layer. I added the layer of altdorf guard blue to avoid having that purplish vibe that macraggle blue gives off. Will be finishing it up with calgar blue for edge highlighting. For the gold, so far I only have retributor armour, but thinking of doing agrax earthshade and then a layer of gehanna's gold, with a final edge highlight of liberator gold. I don't want to use reikland fleshshade on gold because I want to avoid having a reddish gold. But if the agrax doesn't cut it, I might just do it with reikland instead.

Edited by Tamiel

I'm thinking of picking up Shadowspear at the weekend, so I'm working on actually getting the Primaris from Dark Imperium painted up. Just one of the Intercessor squads to begin with. I'll post a picture when I get home from work.

The kits in that box are so much nicer than I expected. The infiltrators and Eliminators are simply fantastic. You'll see when you handle them yourself.