What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

Oh my.

I'm loving then both but that Captain is sublime! What parts did you use?

Oh that Captain pose is sweet. :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly for the praise!

The pose is from the Forge World Champion, with a UM Praetorian helmet and the iron halo is from an old metal marneus calgar that wasn't getting used, figured it would make a good sanctic halo! https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Legion-Champion-and-Master-of-the-Signal 

• 2 weeks later...

(Apologies for the potato quality)

Well, I've finally gotten my desk set up at least decently for getting back to modelling, so here's my current project(s):

gallery_99134_13397_236525.jpg

That's two Thunderfire Cannons (Stormcannon Heavy Weapon Platforms from Kromlech/Bits of War) with two Techmarines with their servo-harnesses from the same.

And that's the first three of the, uh, fifteen Aggressors I'm working on. I'm not a fan of the big, gompy fists of Aggressors, so I wanted to go for a more heavy weapon-type feel and make their actual Power Fists feel more dedicated; so they have Miniguns (from Kromlech/Bits of War, again) and their Fists are from Deathwing Terminators, combined with the Aggressor upper arms.

I have three Ultramarines Thunderfire cannons. 2 are finecast, and the other is metal from way back. I can’t tell you which I hate more.

I guess if I threw the metal TFC in a sock I could rob a bank with it.... that’s the only plus of the metal one. ;)

I will say I like the Kromlech servo arms.

I have three Ultramarines Thunderfire cannons. 2 are finecast, and the other is metal from way back. I can’t tell you which I hate more.

I really dislike the look of the official TFC. Not exactly sure why, just something about it I don't like. Then it's in finecast, which is awful, so there's that.

I do like the Kromlech servo-arms, but I will say that they're fairly fragile, I expect that they'll break quite quickly.

I really dislike the look of the official TFC. Not exactly sure why, just something about it I don't like. Then it's in finecast, which is awful, so there's that.

I do like the Kromlech servo-arms, but I will say that they're fairly fragile, I expect that they'll break quite quickly.

Well I actually painted the Finecast servo arms and I have never glued them on the model. I'm almost certain they will snap off. 

With the new marine codex and Ultramarines supplement, I have taken my Silver Skulls army out of the closet again.

I felt like I needed supplement the current army with some Aggressors (6), Chapter Master Argentius (count-as Calgar) and Barabas Dantioch Reforged (count-as Guilliman converted from Abaddon).

I started out by converting up an Intercessor sarge with a Thunder Hammer, because it's now and option and it sounded fun. The others three parts are in various early stages of work.

Silver skulls progress

Actually I use both builds. They're a good unit either way, but they can be very easy to overextend and throw away.

Working on one currently. Need to magnetize it, but still play it.

He ate an Armiger, caught 2 Dominus in CC, smacked the warlord around, then died, exploded and threw mortal wounds around.

It was spectacular!

• 4 weeks later...