What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

Dug out my space marines again and been trying to up the paintjob on a few old ones. Also found two boxes of Sternguard in the back of a cubbord I had forgotten about. Does anyone have any reccomendation on how to arm them?

Rhino or drop pod... power fist on sergeant... good to go.

My new Ultramarines Contemptor has arrived so I'm starting on that

Well I’ll have you know I broke down and bought one of the new Ultramarines Contemptors and a pair of lascannon arms. Exchange is nasty on the Canadian dollar but at least shipping was free. ( sometimes I have a UK buddy go to FW for me and that helps a lot).

What I’m hoping is a single Contemptor gets targeted a lot and I’ll use the half damage strat and hopefully take some heat off of Repulsors. I don’t think he’ll last long and he obviously won’t be Iron Hands survivable but a good distraction. The model just looked so good I couldn’t resist.

Is the base size the same as a Dreadnought?

My new Ultramarines Contemptor has arrived so I'm starting on that

Well I’ll have you know I broke down and bought one of the new Ultramarines Contemptors and a pair of lascannon arms. Exchange is nasty on the Canadian dollar but at least shipping was free. ( sometimes I have a UK buddy go to FW for me and that helps a lot).

What I’m hoping is a single Contemptor gets targeted a lot and I’ll use the half damage strat and hopefully take some heat off of Repulsors. I don’t think he’ll last long and he obviously won’t be Iron Hands survivable but a good distraction. The model just looked so good I couldn’t resist.

Is the base size the same as a Dreadnought?

Yeah, it's the same size.

The Contemptors are quite a bit smaller than Redemptors, but they look great either way.

Update on my progress...

- I've got 2 Land Speeders and 4 Attack Bikes to be built and painted.

- A custom Chapter Champion to paint. Love the work I've done.

- 3 Breacher Shield (Storm Shield rules) and Storm Bolter Company Veterans to paint.

- 2 Company Veterans (as above), 2 Sergeants and a Lascannon trooper to finish.

- Guilliman...

However, I'm pretty enamored by Adeptus Titanicus right now so all of this will have to wait until I've had my fill.

Getting back in to 40k from a 10 year hiatus. Just finished up the Shadow Spear box set. Here's the squad of Eliminators. I'll post the rest tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I need to learn how to make the image size smaller.

170051782.zfSOsJNm.Eliminators.jpg

Edited by Brother Sgt. Carter

Thank you for the feedback everyone! 

I am building the 4th Company, because Ventris is an Ultramarine's Ultramarine.

Time to roll up my sleeves and slog through 30 intercessors. Trying to build up a 2000 point foundation, gotta build and paint the core units before I move on to the sexier ones. 

Here are the images of my completed work so far. Still need to drill out bolter barrels.

Apologies for the image spam.

Captain (It is very irksome that I realized too late that I had a bald head on Sneaky Ventris.)

xzzmr3K.jpg
2QdIsUK.jpg
MnEd0J0.jpg

Librarian

cwLMGi9.jpg
6bwX841.jpg

Lieutenant

193oP9c.jpg
aTbigVC.jpg
NreCN4b.jpg

Suppressors
QdqASuS.jpg

4th Company Vanguard

QdqASuS.jpg
IvzhsAM.jpg
BvO1P2V.jpg
vhHNKgW.jpg

Struggling painting the white helmets of my Sternguard. It's a bit of a cliché but I struggle with white a lot, the finish has gotten mostly smooth now so I've been trying to paint the eyes. It just makes me realise how many mistakes and "bleeds" the darker colours hide. 

Finally worked out an Ultramarines paint scheme I’m happy with and is reproducible (especially on days I have super wobbly hands). So the blue production line has begun! Am also doing 4th Company. Can’t wait to get them on the table!