Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More Chaos next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

https://www.warhamme...aos-characters/

CSMPreview-Apr7-MasterofExecutions1sj.jp

CSMPreview-Apr7-DarkApostle3kr.jpgAbsolutely gorgeous

CSMPreview-Apr7-ChaosLord2sue.jpg

• mithrilforge, Honda, Centurion Jay and 4 others like this

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 289 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Nice to see they're releasing the chaos lord from blackstone fortress on his own

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

Nice to see they're releasing the chaos lord from blackstone fortress on his own

It was easy to imagine cause this is the only BSF model that is on a separate sprue :)
  • RipOffProductions likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Those attendants for the Dark Apostle(?) are amazing.

• Kierdale, Ovidius Incertus and Lord Marshal like this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 220 posts
  • Faction: IH, SoH, IK

I love the new CSM sculpts, althought I'm not a Chaos player (yet...). But maybe I pick up the Chaos Lord, and use them as a Praetor for my growing Sons of Horus Collection...

• Frostglaive likes this

I used to be a regular Space Marine, just like you. - but then I took the Horus Heresy in the knee...

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts
Bone motif on the Executioner is just a tad much, bit he's otherwise pretty gnarly.
  • N1SB and Kierdale like this

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts

Those attendants for the Dark Apostle(?) are amazing.

Agreed. The acolytes steal the show. The apostle is a bit meh. Might convert mine from the primaris chaplain with bits from this kit.
  • Frostglaive likes this

Zeller

Zeller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

That Dark Apostle is so good I need it. I also envision him painted as Darth Maul.

Personally, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to keep putting them on the right. Anyone who questions your decision is a Communist.

QUOTE (Ashdown @ Aug 17 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play vanilla marines, however, it is a heavy burden to wield such shame.

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,702 posts

i hate the weird flesh tube thing modern chaos minis have going on its the one thing i really dislike about their new style :(

• Brother-serpent Tylydox likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

i hate the weird flesh tube thing modern chaos minis have going on its the one thing i really dislike about their new style :(

I don't thinks it's flesh but rubber covered hose lines that have been worn through.
  • Magpie Knight and Panzer like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

KJB

KJB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders 2nd Company
YES!!!!!

I almost bought that Chaos Lord on eBay for £40

Go me!

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

That's the last of them (for now), yeah?

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 484 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors

That's the last of them (for now), yeah?

With the exception of the sorcerer from the rumour engine, yeah.
  • Prot likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

i hate the weird flesh tube thing modern chaos minis have going on its the one thing i really dislike about their new style sad.png

I don't thinks it's flesh but rubber covered hose lines that have been worn through.

^this

There aren't any "flesh tubes". The tubes/cables aren't even painted like flesh.

• Magpie Knight likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

^this
There aren't any "flesh tubes". The tubes/cables aren't even painted like flesh.
Oddly enough, that's how I paint mine - demon flesh with cartilage ridges weeping a small amount of blood or other fluids... :lol:
  • mithrilforge, Hellrender, Kierdale and 2 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
I still don't get why the executioner tucks one of his bones under his belt buckle.
Untitled_zps417f1393.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

^this
Oddly enough, that's how I paint mine - demon flesh with cartilage ridges weeping a small amount of blood or other fluids... laugh.png

I honestly would do that too if I were to go with a more daemonic/mutated look. Freedom of creativity. :D

I still don't get why the executioner tucks one of his bones under his belt buckle.

Maybe he ran out of space for that one particularly good looking bone? Dunno, if you live long enough in the eye of terror you become pretty weird and he's kinda missing half of his face already so who knows what's left of his brain. :D

• Brokejaw Gutripper likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,807 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Thus has been such an amazing release. Spoilt for choice, really!
  • Brokejaw Gutripper likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

^this
Oddly enough, that's how I paint mine - demon flesh with cartilage ridges weeping a small amount of blood or other fluids... :lol:

Aye I paint my DG this way too, however the official pictures usually are black and so I think they are rubber. However creative freedom is a great thing in this hobby.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

Amazing how GW knocks it out of the park with the Chaos releases... then releases the Master of Executions which looks like someone taped half a skeleton to a trash can.

• Iron Father Ferrum, Juggernut, Raztalin and 2 others like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,039 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Amazing how GW knocks it out of the park with the Chaos releases... then releases the Master of Executions which looks like someone taped half a skeleton to a trash can.

Reminds me of one of my first ever Chaos conversions I did using a RTB01 beaky marine and some broken skelletons. It looked awfull tbh, this guy has the same vibe I was going for so I might pick one up just to keep my inner child happy. :lol:
  • Kierdale and ShibeKing like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,073 posts

They aren't flesh colored of any kind GW usually chooses. I would think the same thing. It is worn and rotting insulation like rubber or some sort of grimdark sifi stuff.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

i hate the weird flesh tube thing modern chaos minis have going on its the one thing i really dislike about their new style sad.png

They aren't flesh colored of any kind GW usually chooses. I would think the same thing. It is worn and rotting insulation like rubber or some sort of grimdark sifi stuff.

the same sort of cable design first appeared on the Hellbrute, where it would be an easy mistake to assume it was meant to be flesh growing over the cables, so it makes sense that established Chaos players would make the connection.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts
I like all 3, overall, but hate how that apostle has tucked his shirt into his pants... maybe lengthening the tabard below the belt will make it look better, but for now I feel it just looks off :/

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,395 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

they look great ...but the executioner is definitely getting a Dark Angels hooded head to be painted in a brownish leather look cool.png  his current head (to me at least is..yucky.gif )

i really look fwd's to painting those acolytes ...poor Voxhead sad.png

Mithril  

• Kierdale likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users