Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More Chaos next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,088 posts

Voxface steals the show for me. It's the grimmest, darkest grimdark I've seen in ages and I love it.

• depthcharge12, Panzer and MegaVolt87 like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,667 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I don't mind the Master of Executions' head, it's a lot better than the 'not a 30K Space Wolf' one. I think he would look a lot better with something like Ivanus Enkomi's helm or even one of the 30K Iron Warriors or Night Lords helms instead, but that's just me.

Edited by DuskRaider, 08 April 2019 - 03:49 AM.

• Minuros likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

Oh wow, you've been very productive out collecting heads, great work! But uhh, you wanna' take a short break and put some Bactine on your... face before you get back out there, slugger?

• Lexington, Juggernut, Lord Marshal and 1 other like this

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
MlwLia9.png

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,829 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

Voxface steals the show for me. It's the grimmest, darkest grimdark I've seen in ages and I love it.

Voxy mcvoxface is pretty metal. Between him and the topknot guy are the best chaos models in the current new model releases.
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

spessmarine

spessmarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

That's the last of them (for now), yeah?

With the exception of the sorcerer from the rumour engine, yeah.

I'm beginning to wonder if that actually wasn't a CSM Sorcerer and was actually something else with the picture chosen carefully to mislead.

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,027 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Good models. I like them, but do not quite love them. The finecast Dark Apostle is just a bit better than this one. Voxface's head looks just a bit too cumbersome. The executioned has a couple too many bones attached.

But in all, I like the direction GW is taking with these models: away from the rampant mutation that many other Chaos models have. Sure, some subtle mutations like the small horns on the Apostle are suitable, but otherwise they are simply mean and evil looking Astartes. What I particularly like about the Executioner and Voxface is that their hideousness is probably self-inflicted: not a mutation, but simply the result of ritual debasement or a lifetime of violence. It makes sense that Chaos worshippers have spent years debasing, scarring and even mutilating themselves before the Chaos gods would even take notice and start granting them mutations.

And I like the holes in the rubber cover of the ducts: it is a simple but effective way to show wear-and-tear on power armor. Of course, what the purpose is of a rubber hose outside of metal-flex ducting is anyone's guess...

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Guzzlrr

Guzzlrr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
  • Faction: the Mortal Armies of Chaos.
I like the executioner model not sure if I'm sold on his rules though.

The Blackstone Lord I'll be buying two of for convertions. The Apostle I love, so ridiculous it's funny I dig it. Rules are pretty dope too

Iron Within ! Iron Without!

My WIP Check it out.

Achinadav

Achinadav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: Legio Hellion

I like the apostle's backpack and voxface. The other goon is oddly posed, I think they were aiming for him to be bracing to swing the censer, possibly overbalancing. But he looks stiff and rigid. Everything else about the apostle is slightly off. He's missing the lovely inscription on his armour from the finecast version, whilst recreating the goofy arm in air pose with the book (the shoulder look unnatural) and his crozius is boring too. I might get him just for the backpack and voxface, but I want to see the sprues first. At least he's probably bigger than the finecast one, he's just tiny.

For anyone that hasn't had Obsidius Mallex in hand; he's got a lot of pipes you can't see. There's some obscured by his thunder hammer on his leg and his backpack is covered in them. Its quite a lot of work to remove them. I need to greenstuff his left leg to smooth it out and I've been trying to carve a bloodwarrior chest piece to replace what I cut away when I removed his oddly stiff head and chest pipework, but it wasn't going well on Saturday. I'm just replacing the backpack.

Edited by Achinadav, 08 April 2019 - 08:05 AM.

• coldfyre likes this

Wyzariel

Wyzariel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts
When I see the Voxhead... All I can think of is the song Poker Face.

"Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my speaker face."
  • Lexington, DuskRaider, Dosjetka and 1 other like this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Hmm, executioners head could be used in Cassius converions... OOOH?!

• mithrilforge, Dosjetka and DanPesci like this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

And I like the holes in the rubber cover of the ducts: it is a simple but effective way to show wear-and-tear on power armor. Of course, what the purpose is of a rubber hose outside of metal-flex ducting is anyone's guess...

A few reasons why, if it run hot liquids the rubber is used to isolate from other components or to keep the liquids hot. It could be a power conduit that you want to make sure if it gets damaged it doesn't electrocute the person that might accidentally touch it. Another is that it is used to prevent it from scrapping on other components in a area of high movement.

There are other reasons but these are the simplest. Normally you really only see this on pure performance applications like track-only cars, military jets, etc.
  • Panzer likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

The finecast Dark Apostle is just a bit better than this one.

Correction : used to be...  It's now "Sold out online", "No longer available."

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

=][= Please keep the speculation out of this thread, folks, and focus on the information about the three upcoming Chaos Space Marine products shown in the first post. Thank you. =][=

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 08 April 2019 - 01:43 PM.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,149 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Good to see Obsidius Mallex getting his own release (sprue arrangement made it inevitable really). Glad I didn't pay more than new single-character price for him on eBay!

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 08 April 2019 - 03:08 PM.
Removed off-topic chatter.

• Subtleknife likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 547 posts

The other goon is oddly posed, I think they were aiming for him to be bracing to swing the censer, possibly overbalancing. But he looks stiff and rigid.

He is swinging the censer forward and back, and holding it out from his body so that it doesnt just swing into him.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts
I’ve been reading Lorgar and First Heretic and that Apostle makes me want a Word Bearers army! I shall resist though and buy some more AdMech and AT Titans as penance.

Don’t understand why these weren’t put up with the Lord Discordant though. GWs release planning baffles me sometimes.

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts
Yeah the one part of the hammer Lord model I don't like is the backpack, easily fixed though.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

That bib and the gangsta cane on the Apostle need to be changed. Hopefully the bib can be changed easily with another breastplate. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,660 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
The Dark Apostle is always a weird one. I like the idea, but it’s so clearly a Word Bearers thing in form. Conceptually, I can see it working with almost any Legion - screaming Khornate devotees, Iron Warrior Doomcaster blazing hellish machine noises, etc - but they’d have to be so visually different, it’s hard to see it ever properly put into model form.

Really not huge on either this model or the old FC version. Too much “fire and brimstone” nonsense, where a Chaotic preacher seems like it should be a bit more savage. Ah well, lots of opportunity for conversion.
  • Lord Marshal and Tipsy Techpriest like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Droz_64

Droz_64

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors/Imperial Army

I think Voxface may inspire me to start a Chaos Cult in Necromunda. He'd be a great psyker.

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,268 posts

Yeah the one part of the hammer Lord model I don't like is the backpack, easily fixed though.

Easily fixed.....with a Jump Pack. :) 

Hammerlord FTW.

• mithrilforge and Preliminary Bombardment like this

Droz_64

Droz_64

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors/Imperial Army

Smashcaptain 2: Evil Twin edition

• Petitioner's City likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,135 posts
I do love the dark Apostle but I'll be running the plastic noise marine as my dark Apostle.

I'll be picking up the lord executioner though, love the model but needs a new head.

Edited by 01RTB01, 09 April 2019 - 07:11 AM.

• Panzer likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,132 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Looking forward to getting my hands on that Apostle. The Master of Execution(s), not so much, although I do think he'd look pretty funky with a flaming skull head. Already own a few thunder hammer-toting lords thanks to dirt cheap eBay splits.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
Am personally hoping that BSF traitor command turns up the week after these guys.

Not a fan of the executioner aesthetic, but love the apostle and have always been a fan of the BSF lord

++++ The Rusted - Nurgle Marines & Chaos Workbench ++++

++++ The Coalition - Imperial Army Workbench ++++

I made it, so I get to do anything I like with it yes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users