Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More Chaos next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,711 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Apostle is such a cool kit, and I agree that he's visually and thematically really linked to Word Bearers. They could have made him a unique character and the prayer system could have been special to the Word Bearers Legion. That would have made the codex more interesting in my opinion.

The more diverse the Legions are the better.
  • Brother Lunkhead, Halandaar and Captain_Krash like this

-~Ishagu~-

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts

I don't buy it. The Word Bearers don't have a monopoly on faith. Giving the Apostle to them exclusively would be like making Chaplains exclusive to the Templars.

• Arkangilos, Antarius and Nemesor Tyriks like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts

I don't buy it. The Word Bearers don't have a monopoly on faith. Giving the Apostle to them exclusively would be like making Chaplains exclusive to the Templars.

That’s not what’s been said.

This model has a lot of WB-ish iconography, so would have been great as a WB special character, whereas a more generic DA could have been released too...
  • Brother Lunkhead and Petitioner's City like this

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,841 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders

That’s not what’s been said.

This model has a lot of WB-ish iconography, so would have been great as a WB special character, whereas a more generic DA could have been released too...
Reread Ishagues post. He literally said that the prayer system should have been reserved for WB only.

The Apostle is such a cool kit, and I agree that he's visually and thematically really linked to Word Bearers. They could have made him a unique character and the prayer system could have been special to the Word Bearers Legion. That would have made the codex more interesting in my opinion.

Edited by Arkangilos, 11 April 2019 - 02:17 PM.

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Mallios

Mallios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
  • Faction: CSM

Maybe their Legion trait should be +1 to rolls to see if the prayer is heard to reflect this? Prayers shouldn't be exclusive any more than Havocs / Oblits should be IW-specific.

I'm still hoping the Oblit and Venomcrawler kits are announced soon.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,711 posts
I never said he should be, just that thematically it would make them more distinct.

But he does very much look like a Word Bearer.

-~Ishagu~-

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
To be fair, apostles used to be unique to the Word Bearers...

Anyways, these characters don't really do much for me. Those creepy servants though, wow! I love that these sorts of minis are finally turning up, preachers, servants and cherubs have been present in the artwork forever, great to see them make their way into models now.

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 993 posts

I never said he should be, just that thematically it would make them more distinct.

But he does very much look like a Word Bearer.

Well, you also said that it would be more interesting and better, so I think people can be forgiven for thinking you'd prefer it that way ;)

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,711 posts
Don't you think it would be better if more of the Legions have unique and distinct characters?

-~Ishagu~-

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I think it would be more interesting, but not if it's achieved by taking options from other legions away.

Edited by sfPanzer, 11 April 2019 - 04:46 PM.

• Sandlemad, fire golem and Commander Dawnstar like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 993 posts

What I think has nothing to do with it.

I'm just saying, if you say "this would be more interesting and better", don't be surprised when people think you are, in fact, advocating for that thing.

As for the apostle, I think he looks great. I guess they could've made him a bit more generic but I don't think he really screams "Word Bearer".

• Sandlemad, Shinespider and Commander Dawnstar like this

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts
=][= Since there has been no new info in the past few days and things are getting off-topic/non-constructive, I'm going to button this one up. Feel free to discuss things further in the Chaos Space Marines subforum. =][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 11 April 2019 - 05:18 PM.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users