Teleport, Shoot, Die - Deathwing in 8th Edition

lhavoc

I agree but it's quite a powerful thing to break the 9" in 8th now.  I believe GSC pay 3CP to get d6" closer?  The only other I can recall is Positional Relay for T'au that costs 2cp and a recon drone (unless it's worded to be 9", I can't remember).  

I would either make a teleport homer cost points, have it as a stratagem or have it as a benefit for one of the new formation style detachments.

I agree but it's quite a powerful thing to break the 9" in 8th now.  I believe GSC pay 3CP to get d6" closer?  The only other I can recall is Positional Relay for T'au that costs 2cp and a recon drone (unless it's worded to be 9", I can't remember).  

I would either make a teleport homer cost points, have it as a stratagem or have it as a benefit for one of the new formation style detachments.

Custodes have the Vexilla Teleport Homer for 3 CP, to ds as close as 3" of a opponent but within 6" of their standard. So i feel it should be possilbe for DW to get something similliar too.

Especially if you think that Custodes are everything a Terminator wants to be if they grow up. :whistling:  

Custodes have the Vexilla Teleport Homer for 3 CP, to ds as close as 3" of a opponent but within 6" of their standard. So i feel it should be possilbe for DW to get something similliar too.

Especially if you think that Custodes are everything a Terminator wants to be if they grow up. :whistling:  

Agree and damn, another excuse to avoid my mates Custards.  I do think it needs to be CP'd though.  Free would be massively OP.

Just for the record, I didn't mean free.

I don't like the cp mechanism as it handicaps elite armies and would rather pay points.

Totally agree started playing 40k back in the rogue trader days cps are one of if not the worst thing gw have ever put in the game with the crutchstellan being a very close 2nd in my opinion

Well, CP or no CP, the point is, Deathwing needs a fix.

And, might not get it, since we are probably halfway through to a total fade out of the terminators, and the inclusion of Primaris Terminators.

Yep your not wrong clearly game workshop do not care they have had ample time to fix them

Do they even KNOW there are issues to be fixed?

I would think so one of the big selling points for this edition was the fact it was play tested for over 4yrs according to gw. I find it hard to belive in that time no one played terminators and told gw this unit is bad.

I'd say they know; but I'd also say almost everyone has bought their fair share of the different TDA and that sales have been slow for ages.

I think that their normal reaction is that they will push a new shiny rather than pimp TDA.

I live in hope, but walk the road of disappointment. :D

I cannot prove the accuracy of my statements :P

I think I agree that CP is the wrong way to go as CP are quite punishing to DW as we aren't able to get many without some Scouts (which I hate but can't avoid).  I really hope they do something although I can definitely see some Gravis "Terminators" coming soon.

An interesting thought popped into my head.  If GW do switch to some form of Primaris Terminators what now makes the Deathwing unique?  No longer are we able to call upon any greater number of suits of armour than anyone else.  Maybe this alone will force GW to keep Deathwing Termies at least a thing?

Edit: fat finger syndrome.

Edited by G8Keeper

I have actually began to ponder on what I will do with my army, once a new codex hits, in which all we can use are Primaris unit.

Not to try and get myself branded a heretic here, but I have found out you can make a very close model-by-model copy of a DA army with the Chaos codex, as a Renegade Chapter... •_•

I have actually began to ponder on what I will do with my army, once a new codex hits, in which all we can use are Primaris unit.

Not to try and get myself branded a heretic here, but I have found out you can make a very close model-by-model copy of a DA army with the Chaos codex, as a Renegade Chapter... •_•

Sounds like Stobz might be visiting you soon :ermm:

Sounds like Stobz might be visiting you soon :ermm:
Hey, hey, hey... Wait up. I only mentioned it so that, you know? In the future, we can, like, KNOW that some chapters out there. Not mine, but OTHER chapters, might, maybe, by chance, happen to be some sort of, like, you know... Renegades??

... So we can be wary! And spot them! And slay them! Quickly! With sharp sticks,

for the glory of Emperor and in the name of his beautiful, perfect, amazing, not at all boring and souless hacks we have been force fed by a marketing and sales branch of the Administratum, Primaris Marines!

All hail the Primaris Marines!

(Let me say that closer to the bug in the lamp, here, for a second) ALL HAIL THE PRIMARIS MARINES! <3

Edited by Berzul

+++REPENTANCE IS REQUIRED BY YOU BROTHER BERZUL. CHAMBER 42 HAS BEEN PREPARED, BRING BISCUITS.+++

Awwwww, man!

... Yes, Brother.  :unsure.:

Strawberry jam, ok?

A teleport homer mechanic utilising Ravenwing would be cool and thematic. Points or CP, I don’t particularly care, it just would be fun to use and fluffy to build a list around.

Couldn’t agree more on the need for a DW Lt. It just feels dirty having a green power armoured Lt. tag along with your DW Knights. I think the extra movement part is pushing it though. Could they just not give Lts the option to take TDA?

I think a larger issue with 8th and deep strike charges is getting the support characters in with the unit they’re supporting. Leaving a ‘tail’ back to your support character “just in case they fail the charge” is frustrating and really detracts from the immersion for me. Bring back Independent Characters joining units and rolling 1 charge for all.

I’m also not sold on 3+ saves on 2d6 either, sounds great in theory, but imagine rolling 2 dice individually for each save when a mob of 30 boyz shoot at you, or 6 Aggressors double tap because you failed that 9” charge.

I was workshopping marine armour in general a few weeks ago with a friend, we were thinking all marine armour should be 2+, with the heavier variants like TDA or Gravis adding toughness or -1 modifier immunities. Instead of a 3+ invulnerable, storm shields could provide -2 immunity or re-roll failed saves or something. If all marines were 2+ base you could also bring back -1 AP on std bolsters too and not have it wreck marines further.

I like what they did with 8th in a lot of ways, but they could have thought further out of the box instead of arching back to a lot of legacy rules.

Just ran a squad of terminators in a small game today, and even with beta bolters they aren't great. S4 AP0 D1 just isn't enough to do much damage even with all the shots, and even though they made their charge the hitting on 4s with the fists meant that the few hits I got in weren't enough and they were killed very quickly after. They really need a major overhaul or even more points drops