New CSM range Kitbash repository

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Havoc box and built a unit with 2 lascannons and 2 missile launchers.

Then thought i'd make a chaincannon dude for a CSM squad (Lesson learned: stick the backpack on before the arms, makes it so much easier to link up all the cables/ammo belt).

Used the remaining weapons and some CSM bodies to make a second Havoc squad with 2 autocannons and 2 heavy bolters.

These guys are fairly straightforward

V4STdCq.jpg

This guy needed a bit of work on his backpack. Basically had to hack a normal CSM backpack into 4 bits to fit around the last Heavy bolter backpack piece. The exhaust vanes were cut off and stuck on to the sides, the socket at the bottom, that sticks onto the dude's back was cut off, the back shaved down and the sides trimmed so it fit into the recess on the bolter piece and the top bit, behind the head was trimmed to fill the hole at the top of the bolter piece.

I reckon it'll look ok once painted and solves the problem of having one backpack too few in the Havoc kit.

Nd0z7oo.jpg

The champion just uses the CSM plasma gun with a chainsword stuck to his back.

jTpIhfR.jpg

W6jJP0g.jpg

I'm feeling fortunate, I haven't got it yet but I'm planning on getting the Master of Executions and adding a few small touches to make him look more Emperor's Children. Palatin Blade Helmet, possibly even with the topnot, might see how easy it is to deconstruct a sholder pad and stick the Emperor's Children logo onto the executioner, etc.

I'm feeling fortunate, I haven't got it yet but I'm planning on getting the Master of Executions and adding a few small touches to make him look more Emperor's Children. Palatin Blade Helmet, possibly even with the topnot, might see how easy it is to deconstruct a sholder pad and stick the Emperor's Children logo onto the executioner, etc.

It's not too hard to take off the rib-cage shoulder pad if you cut it carefully.  Once you do that you could put on any arms you wanted, since the axe arm is completely separate.

It's not too hard to take off the rib-cage shoulder pad if you cut it carefully.  Once you do that you could put on any arms you wanted, since the axe arm is completely separate.

I now have the model and I actually like the rib cage! Sorta seems like a trophy from when he had accidentally damaged the skull too much.

Looks like new kit has left hands built onto bolters (another knife in the back of multi-part kits) so while right hands hold the trigger grip left hand cannot hold supporting grip without some work or 3rd party bits.

To clarify right hand you can chop at wrist and it works, but you are missing a left hand. Can either ruin bolter carving hand and grip off of it, or get hands from old kit/third party seller, like these

https://conversionworld.de/index.php?pageId=suche&language=en&aktuellerTag=Hands&tag1=&tag2=&tag3=Body%20Parts&kategorie=Bitz%20by%20Compatibility

Edited by Syrakul