Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need advice against the new Shadowspear Chaos units

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

Hey guys.

I have a 1000 point battle against an Emperor's Children army that will most likely be heavily composed of the new demon engines and possessed from the Shadowspear box.

Anyone has had any fights against them?
Any advice on what to expect?

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts

Well, in the end I have decided to go with something foolish but fun.

A Master with the Mace of Redemption and Storm Bolter

A Lieutenant with Chainsword and Storm Bolter

5 Deathwing Terminators, with an Assault Cannon

An Apothecary

Another Apothecary

And a third Apotechary

With a Ravenwing Darkshroud for good meassure.

Just, put the 15 termines in a group, with a dedicated apothecary per squad and the shroud to see how long they can survive. Characters are for rerrolls. Lets see how long it takes for him to mow me down.

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts
Damn! Those new chaos units are amazing! I got tabled halfway through turn 3 and lost 16-1 in a CA2018 Maelstorm of War scenario.

... My list might have had something to do with it, as well. But, still! These new chaos units are STRONG!

HighMarshalAmp

HighMarshalAmp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 365 posts
I've read the report. And tbh, I'm not surprised by the outcome coming out that early.

That list is 3 Elite blobs with support. And nothing more. Any character is support for the blobs and the blobs are the frontline. So they're the first thing to get shot in many cases. And every lost model hurts.
The Apothecaries did quite well. 1 heal, 1 fail with a 50/50 chance is par for the course.
Sucks that the third one never got to even try though.

In conclusion, I'm afraid the Chaos models aren't the only ines at fault here.
This list just lacks ablative wounds and, if you want to get serious, any chance of scoring since if the 3 blobs, you can't afford a single one to stay behind.

Depressing, really. It sure is an awesome list to see! And 15 Terminators ought to have a chance!
  • Berzul likes this

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts

You sir, are not wrong :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users