Obsidian Knight in 8th Edition?

Fairly straightforward question, really.

I didn't set out to get a Knight, but I was offered an insanely good deal on a NIB Warden kit.

Since I primarily play Raven Guard, naturally there is only 1 Knight I could possibly include in my lists. The Obsidian Knight, who fought with them in the Damocles campaign.

I don't have the Knights Codex yet, but I was wondering if the Obsidian Knight has rules in this edition or if he's just a bare bones Paladin with a cool paint scheme now?

Note, I am not asking for the rules. Just whether they exist.

I didn't set out to get a Knight, but I was offered an insanely good deal on a NIB Warden kit.

Since I primarily play Raven Guard, naturally there is only 1 Knight I could possibly include in my lists. The Obsidian Knight, who fought with them in the Damocles campaign.

I don't have the Knights Codex yet, but I was wondering if the Obsidian Knight has rules in this edition or if he's just a bare bones Paladin with a cool paint scheme now?

The Obsidian Knight still exists. Doesn't have specific rules, but it's a Freeblade, with the Questor Imperialis keyword. And with Freeblades, you get a Quality/Burden if your army is battleforged. For it's Freeblade traits, I'd say:

Quality: Sworn to a Quest or Mysterious Guardian

Burden: Obsessed with Vengeance or Impetuous Nature

The Obsidian Knight still exists. Doesn't have specific rules, but it's a Freeblade, with the Questor Imperialis keyword. And with Freeblades, you get a Quality/Burden if your army is battleforged. For it's Freeblade traits, I'd say:

Cool.

Thank you.

Also means I can feel free to magnetize him so I can swap out weapons between his lore accurate loadout for fluffy games and something with a little more punch for tournament play.

Cool.

Thank you.

Also means I can feel free to magnetize him so I can swap out weapons between his lore accurate loadout for fluffy games and something with a little more punch for tournament play.

Pretty much, yeah

Archived