New Arrival

New minis just came in yesterday- Wargames Exclusive Repentia, Mistress and Cullexus. This means, I'll be able to max out repentia and mistresses in my St Katherine's Aegis Penitent Legion.

I needed exactly 12 Repentia and one mistress. Including the 'pin-up' or NSFW models, there were exactly 12, and of course the mistress is sold separately so you can just buy one. As for the cullexus, it doesn't exactly fit 40k fluff, in which all female pariahs become sisters of silence, leaving the males to become the cullexus. This one was an impulse buy, really- she'll be part of a detachment with Greyfax, 5 SoS witchseekers, 5 SoS Vigilators, and eventually a FW Acquisitor.

As for the Repentia, I know some are divided on a ) 3rd party and b ) sexist design. Both of these are issues I grappled with before I made the purchase. In the end, my fear that the new SoB would redo the repentia design enough to invalidate the old models, and then I'd never be able to field the penitent legion as intended. 

I might like the new range enough to replace the somewhat problematic minis I have; some have suggested that Pious Vorne might be a Repentia prototype; I think I could live with that. But I needed to know that I had a full kit I could use if I don't like the new models, and they were a better match with GW than the Davidians from Raging Heroes.

On the third party issue, my order came to about $180 Canadian. Had I purchased from GW, it would have cost $140 if I could live with being 2 sisters short of 3 full units. Of course, that wouldn't have made me happy, so I'd have had to throw in another $70 and get stuck with  extra sisters I couldn't use. Furthermore, rather than 12 unique poses, there would have been only 4, all of which I already own four times over. The one mistress I would have been able to use would have been identical to the two others I have, and I would have been stuck with two additional mistresses that I couldn't use. Finally, if I still wanted the cullexus, that would have been extra.

Hoping to at least get them all assembled and based this weekend. I'm nervous about working with resin, and it's been a long time since I painted anything other than scenery- my eyes aren't what they used to be.

If you need to do so take your time on painting do so it will be worth it, WGE stuff has some crisp models and I'm tempted to pick up some of their other stuff ("not" cypher, "not" leman russ). I picked up the 10 woman squad finished the storm bolter and haven't gotten back to the rest of them. Plan was to use them for celestians as they have some extra ornamentation to them. Also got some stuff from Raging Heroes as well, ultimately I'll probably only use the WGE stuff, RH stuff is a bit more on the skinny side.

WGE repentia "problematic" is subjective, sculpts are quality tempted to pick up a 5 woman set for the repentia to add some variety to my army. The style is not for everybody and I'm happy that they exist as options for those who like that style.

Looking forward to what you show.  I got plenty of old sisters as well and when they release the new SoB i'll probably be replacing all of my foot sisters with new plastics.

WGE comparison

xhwJojg.jpg

f5QRCRQ.jpg

Over all pic, missing a few things but fairly representative

BxxhADQ.jpg 

The Raging Heroes model I want is the War Pulpit- it's like a cross between a Warglaive, a Penitent Engine and a Ministorum HQ all rolled into one!

I don't like its legs- they look almost harlequinny with the masks over the knees. The arms are better, because the weapon parts are great, but they have some un-imperial ornamentation. 

If it's the right size for a kitbash with warglaive arms and legs, it would be the Penitent Legion centre piece.

Speaking of penitent legion, I want to buy one more Penitent Engine and Karamazov before the codex drops just in case they redesign the Pennies. Also, always thought Karamazov was a great HQ for the Legion- just picture him with two Pennies on each flank, three mistresses driving 27 Repentia and three priests driving 27 arcos, all arranged in front of their respective walker supports.

The gigantic Penitent Titan standing behind all of that would just be icing on the cake.

Then, of course, you have the other pure sister detachments in all their angelic radiance as a contrast to their repentant, though fallen allies.

BTW, is there a link for how to use spoiler tags? I have been talking about posting pics for three months now, and I really want to get some before pics of what I already have painted. I may also start a youtube channel to host the 40k vids I'm planning. The first stop motion animation I want to do is just a squad of sisters climbing the stairs of one of the firing platforms I built. It won't end up being more than 15 seconds, so 45-60 photos oughta do it.

return to index gallery_26_6416_83.gifgallery_26_6416_72.gif Hidden Content

[hidden]enter hidden content here[/hidden]
The hidden content tag allows you to insert a large amount of content, but to hide that content unless the viewer wants to see it. This can be done to hide large text entries, images, etc., in a manner similar to the spoiler tag, but without the implications of a "spoiler."
[hidden]This content will not appear unless the "Show" button is clicked. When the content appears, the "Show" button will change to a "Hide" button. The content will disappear when the "Hide" button is clicked.[/hidden]
Hidden Content
This content will not appear unless the "Show" button is clicked. When the content appears, the "Show" button will change to a "Hide" button. The content will disappear when the "Hide" button is clicked.

A common use for this BBCode is to hide large/many images. This is a great way to help members viewing the site on a mobile browser and with limited bandwidth.
[hidden][img=http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_548/gallery_26_548_58050.jpg][/hidden]
Hidden Content
gallery_26_548_58050.jpg

Note that this BBCode functions identically to the spoiler BBCode, the only difference being the label (i.e., "Hidden Content" vice "Spoiler")

• 2 weeks later...

Archived