AOS skeletons as poxwalkers?

Lord Kallozar

Remember there are literal millions of planets spanning the milky way galaxy.

It could be a planet of tribesman conquered by your war host. You would just want the skeletons to be slimy. Return of the living dead rotten not army of darkness. So browns and slim rather than clean bone imo.

Any reason you want to use skeletons? The idea of animated skeletons aren't bad, but If you aren't converting them at all it might come off as lazy.

From a gaming perspective, it'd be fine providing that you let you opponent know before deployment what was what in your army.

Form a modelling perspective, a few subtle conversions to 40k them up a bit wouldnt go amiss, I do agree that using straight fantasy skellies would strike me as being a tad simple.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nurgle's plagues take many forms, I can't see a problem with using skeletons as a strain of necromantic pox. That said, I'd be tempted to perhaps convert them a little bit- use some putty to sculpt wasted sinew over some of the joints and perhaps a few foetid organs hanging out of the ribcages, as if rather than just being sorcerously reanimated skeletons they're actually effectively plague zombies whose flesh has mostly been withered away but still have just enough for locomotion. For reference I'd look at the Revenant from the 2016 DOOM (specifically the fleshy/bony bits):

http://u.cubeupload.com/Squigsquasher/Revenant.png

If that is to bring an AoS/WFB army to 40k...maybe zombie and ghoul models look more close to poxwalkers.

Blood bowl team death models are "skeletons with a little flesh remaining on surface of bones", they are also more close to poxwalker/plaguebearer than "skeletons with no flesh remaining".