Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Siege of Terra: The Lost and the Damned

The Horus Heresy The Siege of Terra Guy Haley

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,118 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Hmm. FW mentioned that the Astronomican was at least partly self-sustaining. I do wonder if Horus had any plans for it beyond his father's death.

My bad, I was responding to Moonreaper. I think while the Emperor was mobile and conscious it could be sustained like when he would go on campaign, but to destroy the Astronomican is to destroy the Emperor.
  • Marshal Loss likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

karden00

karden00

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 749 posts
Yeah the nature of the Astronomican is a weird one. The Big E left terra all the time, especially during the Crusade.

'Lorgar has his own battles to fight, Erebus,' replied Horus sharply. 'Should he fail at Calth, all this will be for nothing if Guilliman's Legion is allowed to intervene.
You can always ally the Dark Angels to your current ultramarine force.
Never.
My Ultramarines aren't taking the field with traitors.
That's what Dark Vengeance is. A box of traitors.

"Now I have a plasma cannon. LOGISTICS LOGISTICS LOGISTICS."

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,183 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Expeditionary Fleet Commander: “Master of Astropaths, take us home.”

Master of Astropaths: “....my lord, I cannot.”

EFC: “what do you mean, ‘you cannot?’ You have located the Astronomicon, have you not?”

MoA: “yes, my lord....I have...”

EFC: “then what’s the problem?”

MoA: “my lord, it says ‘went ‘round the corner. Back in 5 min.’”
  • Lord_Caerolion, mc warhammer, The_Bloody and 1 other like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
Do i have always wondered why BL/FW/GW didnt make the Great Crusade & HH era even more distinct from 40k by not having either the Astronomicon or Astropaths (and both of these being part of Emps big plan - yes they went with Webway).

Imagine the complete paranoia of loyalists having to rely on ship bound couriers for communication and litrrally having no idea what is going on and where across Galaxy during HH.

Doesnt account for conquering Galaxy unless ships could only do short warp jumps or they had some other device - perhaps Primarchs and the Big E have power to act like “headlights” or “torches” illuminating the path through the dark?

Anyway just thought!

MarineRaider

MarineRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

You guys forgetting that E has the ultimate trump card parked a few steps from him, a 9 foot tall ebony Primarch with a Hammer. I think Horus views this as his possible trump card if needed.

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts

You guys forgetting that E has the ultimate trump card parked a few steps from him, a 9 foot tall ebony Primarch with a Hammer. I think Horus views this as his possible trump card if needed.

There are as few problems with that:

-Horus can perma-kill Vulkan thanks to his new powers
-Blowing up Terra would hurt the Imperium more than it would hurt the Traitors
-One Atomic Bomb can neutralize Vulkan
-Chaos Sorcerers can send Vulkan into the Warp (or just use Vortex Weapons)

mc warhammer

mc warhammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts
yeah but only a big ork thingy in the future is gonna stop vulcan . so bomb away
  • DarkChaplain likes this
can't touch this
can't touch this
can't touch this
warhammer time!

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts

yeah but only a big ork thingy in the future is gonna stop vulcan . so bomb away

Vulkan won't do grox when Terra/Astronomican/Emperor is gone along with Khan and Dorn. [b]Imperial Fists and White Scars are extinct[b/] while the Traitor Legions simply rebuild their numbers free from Loyalist attacks. Warp Rift on Terra opens up which means Daemons all over the Solar System

The Traitors win the Heresy should Vulkan blow up Terra. Chaos Gods will teleport the Traitor Primarchs and Captains/Lieutenants away before the explosion. Great Scouring doesn't happen while the Ultramarines struggle to keep the Ultramar Empire alive. Mars is still under the control of the Dark Mechanicum

Orks, Eldar and Rogue Imperial Warlords whittle down the Loyalists through Attrition. Traitors retreat to their planets, rebuild and summon more Daemons. Eye of Terror Slave Wars don't happen either. Traitor Primarchs locate and kill the Emperor and the remaining Loyalist Primarchs. (Erebus kills Vulkan with the Shard of Erebus)

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Vulkan won't do grox when Terra/Astronomican/Emperor is gone along with Khan and Dorn. [b]Imperial Fists and White Scars are extinct[b/] while the Traitor Legions simply rebuild their numbers free from Loyalist attacks. Warp Rift on Terra opens up which means Daemons all over the Solar System

The Traitors win the Heresy should Vulkan blow up Terra. Chaos Gods will teleport the Traitor Primarchs and Captains/Lieutenants away before the explosion. Great Scouring doesn't happen while the Ultramarines struggle to keep the Ultramar Empire alive. Mars is still under the control of the Dark Mechanicum

Orks, Eldar and Rogue Imperial Warlords whittle down the Loyalists through Attrition. Traitors retreat to their planets, rebuild and summon more Daemons. Eye of Terror Slave Wars don't happen either. Traitor Primarchs locate and kill the Emperor and the remaining Loyalist Primarchs. (Erebus kills Vulkan with the Shard of Erebus)

But. We. Know. That. Vulkan. Survives.
...because he is in an entire other book series much later down the Timeline.

By now your hypothetical Chaos-Wins-Headcanons are bordering on annoying and not on-topic anymore. Atleast not for Black Library Subforum Threads.

Anyway...

Can't wait for the regular Hardback of this. Still weighing the decision if I want the Series in German or English...
  • mc warhammer, Marshal Rohr, Marshal Loss and 5 others like this
When the Pack runs once again, worlds tremble, enemies die and the Hunt begins!

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts

Well folks it looks like Amazon has the Title & Synopsis up for Guy Haley's entry to the Siege of Terra! I had no idea where to drop this so figured let's keep things tidy and start a new thread specifically for this book...

-

The Horus Heresy: Siege of Terra: The Lost and the Damned

On the thirteenth day of Secundus, the bombardment of Terra began... With the solar defences overcome through the devastating strength of the Traitor armada and the power of the warp, Horus launches his assault on the Throneworld in earnest. After withstanding a ferocious barrage of ordnance, an immense ground war commences outside the Palace with every inch gained paid for in the lives of billions. The front lines are beyond horrific and the very air is reduced to poison and blood. Bodies are thrown into the meatgrinder but the outer redoubts cannot possibly hold for long, even with the loyal primarchs to reinforce them. For Horus has his own generals to call upon... Between the plague weapons of Mortarion and the fury of Angron, the defenders face a losing battle.

-

Can we tentatively assume that 2 books a year is the Siege schedule putting the end somewhere in the region of 2022?

Very much interested in this Haley book. I want to know who he will be focusing on and can't wait to see more ground war action.

I think they may release a HH book twice a year as of 2020, but there's a chance we will see Gav Thorpe's book at the tail end of 2019 perhaps I think.

Then 4 and 5 in 2020

6 and 7 in 2021

8 in 2022

Edited by Taliesin, Yesterday, 09:11 PM.

• Roomsky likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,118 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I thought Haley’s book was due in November?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Horus Heresy, The Siege of Terra, Guy Haley

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users