The Siege of Terra: The Lost and the Damned

JH79

I hate the character, i just can't rectify it in my head, this isn't standard "oo it's a well written bad guy, you're meant to dislike him", it's nothing short of loathing.

Krieg Acerbus would've been a great candidate for leading the legion to Terra, or being a prime additional foil, bulk out where the badness lies.

I dont care Sevatar and the entire Atramentar are in space prison, that's fine, Tzo Sahaal plays his part after, 8th company can stay in 40k, just give me something that isn't saturday morning cartoon villain.

And one of my gripes is now most of the VIIIth legion lore, is :cuss: ing Skraivok related.

Eager to continue the Siege.

But why does it feature the World Eaters crest If there's only Angron, Khârn and Lotara? Can't imagine them to be the Main characters, tbh.

The World Eaters are the vanguard of the invasion and the first to reach the walls, iirc.

I’m completely panicking that I might miss this, I will be on holiday and for whatever reason I can’t buy off the GW site on my phone. Every time I put in my card verification the screen jumps up and won’t confirm. Disaster don’t know what to do. If I was at home I could use the iPad of laptop here I’m screwed. This is a horror show.

Yeah, I imagine this book will feature the famous stare-off between Angron and Sanguinius.

‘Come out and surrender! Or be damned!’

‘Your father was a ptera-squirrel and your mother smelled of Eldar berries! No go away or we will taunt you a second time!’

Unless they're embracing post-death ascension (which I really think they should if we're going to get any catharsis out of this series), my only gripe with Skraivok is we know what happens to him. Alternatively, I hope folks like he and Kaesoron can ascend during the siege and then get knifed.

Also, much as I prefer Layak, where the heck is Sor Talgron?

Edited by Roomsky

I’m completely panicking that I might miss this, I will be on holiday and for whatever reason I can’t buy off the GW site on my phone. Every time I put in my card verification the screen jumps up and won’t confirm. Disaster don’t know what to do. If I was at home I could use the iPad of laptop here I’m screwed. This is a horror show.

What about using PayPal instead?

Maximus Thane.....

Either Archamus is not the only one to take on names from Legion brothers, or he is a Verrrrry old marine by the time of the Great Beast. Seems a little odd, but I am intrigued.

What’s so wrong with Skriavok?

Posted another thread about this. But in short. Yes and No. Haley has said it is the same Thane. Yet in one of the Beast books, Thane talks about being a fresh recruit into the Firsts Exemplar. So it's both. /facepalm.

Also, much as I prefer Layak, where the heck is Sor Talgron?

Good question. Maybe Layak's Horus-sworn Unspeaking are not going to be the only Word Bearers at Terra? I could see other grudgingly showing up later, with or without Lorgar, just in time for something to do with Volkhar Wreth acting as a warp-breach in waiting.

Maximus Thane.....

Either Archamus is not the only one to take on names from Legion brothers, or he is a Verrrrry old marine by the time of the Great Beast. Seems a little odd, but I am intrigued.

Posted another thread about this. But in short. Yes and No. Haley has said it is the same Thane. Yet in one of the Beast books, Thane talks about being a fresh recruit into the Firsts Exemplar. So it's both. /facepalm.

That’s... really too bad.

Iirc, in The Beast series, there was a brief appearance by an UM dreadnought called Ancient Selatonius who spoke about Crusade/Heresy era war, and he and I think it was a BT dread or something spoke about the Heresy era, and in those cases, the scenes were clearly setting out to show us readers how they were very tenuous links to the space marines’s past.

Thane... eh...

Great idea. I’ve never registered but I will do so right now. Live long and prosper my friend

Maximus Thane.....

That’s... really too bad.

Iirc, in The Beast series, there was a brief appearance by an UM dreadnought called Ancient Selatonius who spoke about Crusade/Heresy era war, and he and I think it was a BT dread or something spoke about the Heresy era, and in those cases, the scenes were clearly setting out to show us readers how they were very tenuous links to the space marines’s past.

Thane... eh...

Yeah it's very poor. As you said, the dreadnoughts talk of the Heresy already makes it appear distant past and the kind of thing that only dreadnoughts would remember. Give them that weight of age to them. Not to mention that Thane did nothing to mention the Heresy, has no appearance of a Heresy veteran and was floored at the idea of taking up the colours of the Imperial Fists...expect that he used to be an Imperial Fist now...despite having also been a fresh neophyte to the Fists Exemplar.

It's just a really :cuss continuity error now.

Great idea. I’ve never registered but I will do so right now. Live long and prosper my friend

Balls. I’ve only gone and facilitated more competition for myself...

Not to mention that Thane did nothing to mention the Heresy, has no appearance of a Heresy veteran and was floored at the idea of taking up the colours of the Imperial Fists...expect that he used to be an Imperial Fist now...despite having also been a fresh neophyte to the Fists Exemplar.

It's just a really :censored: continuity error now.

Did you read a Heresy short story Duty Waits about Thane? It was released year and half ago

Aside from this debate, does anyone know if they are going to release it in waves around the world like last time, if so anyone know what times

Had to use a family member’s Facebook account to find this information. Surprised they didn’t post it more widely. It goes live at 10:00 AM in whatever region you live in. For regions with multiple time zones like the US it’s 10:00 AM in the latest time zone in your region, so 1:00 PM EST/10:00 AM PDT.

Thank you sir! will still probably be up early hitting the refresh every 4 mins, tis the life I have chosen

You and me both! May your clicks be fast and your payment accepted.

Seriously though I’m hoping the 1 copy per customer limit sorts out the craziness of last time. Still plenty of Solar War LE’s on Ebay if you hate money.

Not to mention that Thane did nothing to mention the Heresy, has no appearance of a Heresy veteran and was floored at the idea of taking up the colours of the Imperial Fists...expect that he used to be an Imperial Fist now...despite having also been a fresh neophyte to the Fists Exemplar.

It's just a really :censored: continuity error now.

Did you read a Heresy short story Duty Waits about Thane? It was released year and half ago

Yeah I'm aware of it. It still doesn't make the error make sense.

Those in the Australian outback have had a chance to buy for hours now.... ggggrrrrr. Isn’t sold out on their site yet. I thought they might have increased the numbers available but looks like it’s still stuck at 2500.

It mentions a fold out map, I wonder is this a new one or the same map from solar war?