Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Focus announces multiple new Warhammer games

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,117 posts
Article

gMinpNe.jpg1Qn3Ur6.jpg3HODzD3.jpg

Focus is also pleased to extend their journey with two long-time partners: Passtech Games for the development of a new IP in an indie vein, and Streum On Studio for a new shooter in one of the most popular Games Workshop IPs.

Gasket Games are a cross-platform game development company based in Vancouver and comprised of former team members from Relic Entertainment (Dawn of War, Company of Heroes) and Blackbird Interactive (Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak). They will leverage their passion, talent, and more than fifteen years of experience making strategy games in the development of a brand-new Games Workshop title in a rich universe.

With the massive success of MudRunner and excitement building for World War Z, the talented developers at Saber Interactive will embark once again with Focus on the production of two new titles with exceptional potential. One of these titles will be supported by one of the most important licenses in the Games Workshop universe.

• librisrouge likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,492 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Hmmm, I wonder if they are just showing banners or if each banner corresponds to a new game

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,117 posts
Fairly certain they correspond to what each studio is working on.
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,174 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Yep, it's 3 games by 3 separate studios.

Former Dawn of War/Company of Heroes devs working on an AoS strategy game has piqued my interest.

• Sandlemad, Ranwulf, Domhnall and 5 others like this

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

The_son_of_Dorn

The_son_of_Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,635 posts
  • Faction: All and none

Age of Sigmar has me frothing, Would love and RTS with Sigmarines. I'll take anything Warhammer related though.

• Warhead01 likes this

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,836 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Well, this looks awesome.

shutupantakemymoney.jpeg

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                     Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 14th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - XIIIth Legion Detachment 'Warborn'

40k: SM: Astral Claws 3rd company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion ofBlackshields

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

I am all about the new WH40K art.  I don't care about the games though.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,638 posts
...I joined Gasket after leaving Relic...

:D
  • Master Commander Ajax, CaptainMarsh, RedFox and 6 others like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,492 posts

Are they gonna try and make another esports game or did they learn their lesson?

• Hollenweger likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,354 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I wonder what the middle one will be like, its the most generic banner and it could be anything from generic Imperium to SoB. Streum On project seems very interesting, sounds almost like a Deus Ex/Thief but in 40k, Im down with that.
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 742 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

I wonder if the middle one (protect. redeem. purge) is for arbities and is a shooter of some sort. That sounds interesting and fun!

1st one is likely for Rogue Trader, and the 3rd is obvs AoS. Neither really piques my interest, but we'll see when the 1st has more details released.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,638 posts

Are they gonna try and make another esports game or did they learn their lesson?

There's only 2 of us who went through the THAT negative experience and weird internal/external pressures that led to those extreme circumstances are a lifetime removed here.

nevermind that, this is going to be it's own thing from the ground up.

Edited by Wispy, 11 April 2019 - 03:33 PM.

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,638 posts
Our AD who made the art for that third banner also did this classic bit of 40k art some of you might remember.

iLuSoPi.jpg
  • RolandTHTG, Master Commander Ajax, Hollenweger and 1 other like this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts

Is the first one Necromunda, like a bounty hunter game? The fact that it says descend and collect... Dude looks firmly imperial though, which might work for a mid/up-hive venator.

• Domhnall likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,174 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

There's only 2 of us who went through the THAT negative experience and weird internal/external pressures that led to those extreme circumstances are a lifetime removed here.

nevermind that, this is going to be it's own thing from the ground up.

While I appreciate you probably can't tell us anything about the game at this stage, can we assume from your comment that you're collectively able to make the game you want, rather than the game the money overlords want? :)

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,638 posts

While I appreciate you probably can't tell us anything about the game at this stage, can we assume from your comment that you're collectively able to make the game you want, rather than the game the money overlords want? :)

Well no one in my career has really said 'make dis game dis way.' most projects have different goals and pressures and it's up to you how to meet them. Sometimes it puts you in unfamiliar territory and you're forced to make decisions you wouldn't otherwise make to navigate it.

In this case, we pitched this to them and they liked it. I'm starting off in a place where I can effectively follow my own creative instincts to get to where we want to go.

Edited by Wispy, 11 April 2019 - 03:52 PM.

• Felix Antipodes, shandwen, Volt and 2 others like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
I wonder which one will be the battle royal. :teehee:
  • Marshal Rohr, Master Commander Ajax, Lord Marshal and 1 other like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,492 posts

Oldnite

• No Foes Remain and Commander Dawnstar like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,959 posts

I wonder which one will be the battle royal. teehee.gif

But that would kinda be PERFECT for the 40k setting, no?

Have it all be set in Dark Eldar Gladatorial arenas?

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,638 posts

I wonder which one will be the battle royal. teehee.gif

But that would kinda be PERFECT for the 40k setting, no?

Have it all be set in Dark Eldar Gladatorial arenas?
Didn't Roadhouse make something like this or tried to?

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,117 posts
They did. It went belly up during alpha/early access. It played really, really badly from what I remember.

mkbKIlr.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Like most battle royal games to be fair. The market is oversaturated so you have to convince with quality or don't even bother to try. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Actually quite looking forward to the AOS one! Not too fussed about a Imperial Assassin type shooter game. Need to know more about the middle one.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,565 posts

So do Focus have some sort of exclusivity from GW now or do they just happen to get the lion's share of IP licenses?

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

Apothecary Vaddon

Apothecary Vaddon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,199 posts
  • Faction: n/a, don't do TT

So do Focus have some sort of exclusivity from GW now or do they just happen to get the lion's share of IP licenses?

GW has given the license out to SEGA, Fatshark, Slitherine, among many others. Only reason Focus Home seems to get more is because they have a fair amount of studios that they publish games for. 

Now, most of these studios are quite tiny and are really honestly indie, which results in a mediocre at best quality for most of the games, but Armada 2 and Vermintide stand out as good games amongst that group.

Here's a good current list of games. 

https://en.wikipedia...arhammer_40,000

The list also shows the difference between a true exclusivity agreement, and what they're doing now (dime a dozen dishing out of the license around like no one's business)

Edited by Slips, 12 April 2019 - 12:50 AM.
replaced term with contentious meaning

• D3L likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users