Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Experiences using Techmarines

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Rune Priest Ridcully

Rune Priest Ridcully

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,376 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Has anyone had any experience with them recently? I'm thinking they could be good for leading vanguards of riflemen dreads, but what about more combat focussed dread or land raiders? Or does a Librarian do more for supporting our armour through psychic powers then restoring d3 wounds a turn?
Any anyone else disapointed we never gotr a model to match the artwork? I'm tempted to take the servo harness and put it on a fw techmarine with a grey knight helmet to try and get something that looks more like a techmarine of titan.

"A tale of 20 gamers" http://www.bolterand...howtopic=254659 Join the HERESY!
Need Snot green paint, will trade bits/pay for it.
QUOTE (Kol_Saresk @ Oct 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how GW creates the Warp Talon to be some sort of super-powered Raptor, and instead it's become the king-of-all-kitbashes.

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts

He is our cheapest HQ now, so could fill HQ slots, especially for small games. Other than that he can restore some lost wounds to foodslogging GMNDK. I see no other uses. Dreadnoughts rarely survive more than one AV volley. 

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,759 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Im a tad rusty on the rules these days. But in 8th, can he shoot all his weapons? The Flamer + plasma + bolter?

Matt_149

Matt_149

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
I think so? I was looking at the data card the other day. Give him a storm bolter and the relic and have him look after my 3 ven dreads with lascannons. Only 73 points with a power axe and give him gate or something to move a dreadnought if necessary.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,302 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Im a tad rusty on the rules these days. But in 8th, can he shoot all his weapons? The Flamer + plasma + bolter?

That's right. A model can shoot all its weapons except for pistols and grenades. If a model wants to shoot with pistols it can only shoot pistol type weapons and if it wants to throw a grenade it can only throw a single grenade.

• Captain Coolpants likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,759 posts
That's a fair amount of shooting then for a single dude. But if hes looking after ven dreads and such in the back, then hes never able to use all that shooting. Kind of a waste. Especially considering you pay for a power axe and have a power fist attack.

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts

Any anyone else disapointed we never gotr a model to match the artwork? I'm tempted to take the servo harness and put it on a fw techmarine with a grey knight helmet to try and get something that looks more like a techmarine of titan.

If they had an official GK model that matched the artwork, I would definitely purchase one in an instant! Being the cheapest HQ now and having a niche to work with our VanDreads, it's worth at least to have one in your collection imo. In larger games 2K+ points he would help in filling up the HQ slots in those extra detachments.

I just purchased some GK bits (legs, front torso and helm) x2, and a 3rd party Servo Harness. So I'll be converting up one GK Techmarine and a Brotherhood Champion with the loads of bits leftover from my GK strike squad boxset.

oPgJUOm.png

Danarc

Danarc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 495 posts
Actually it is quite easy creating a GK techmarine similar to the artwork. You have to use a pagk and the backpack, servo harness, right shoulder and arm from techmarine model.
The only problem is that it is quite expensive. Maybe you can find the bits.

Holier Than Thou

Holier Than Thou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

I've made one from the Dreadknight pilot's arms (Cog pauldron greenstuffed), Paladin legs, torso and head, and Techmarine harness. Not sure how to share it, it's on my Google Photos account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users