ITC Changes to Best in Faction: Custodes

It completely depends - against armies that had to rely on soup so far, we can still more than hold our own and have suffered less than some of them have.

We are, I think, quite good at thinning out medium sized Squads that want to snatch objectives from us.

Against strong codices that couldn't do soup anyway, we now stand a whole lot less of a chance.

I'm looking at Orks, Nids, Tau to a certain degree - all the guys that have lots of bodies in their mono lists. Even a honkin' FW Dread can only do so much to thin out 150+ models (at least I think so, I've never bought any FW model so far and might underestimate them in judging from their datasheets alone).

I personally applaud the decision to tie best in faction to the darn faction.

Hell, how many times have I tried to find pure lists, saw '2000pts Deathwatch' or something and first on the list were 64 Catachans? That's just not playing a faction, that's playing a fluffy Imperial list with the major benefit of being actually able to last a few turns. It has nothing to do with the individual factions.

After all, one is meant to negate the weaknesses that are a part of the character of the other faction.

I have gone for a 50/50 mix of AC and C:SM so far (not that much more competitive) and will continue to do so until I can bring myself to paint more gold. Then I'll try pure AC for sure.

Edited by HighMarshalAmp

I love having real range and better cc with the FW models.

What Forge World units have you been running? I like the look of the Aquilon Terminators but don't have them yet.

Two caladius is usually pretty overwhelming and thank to their move and shoot with no penalty, you can typically keep them out of Los completely first turn regardless of who goes first so it's always good to park them completely defensively during deployment.

Running them with a bike hq between them to act as booster and anti units that try to engage in cc.

That's a big chunker of points but dang if I haven't had great results. Tearing through lootas as quickly as possible is super important since one of my regular opponents runs a big clump of them.

They also shred dark reapers so fast.

Against knights I have hit or miss games. Sometimes I can degrade a knight in one round others they get lucky with saves.

Other units I like: Pallas and aquilons.