Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New box set rumours. The lion v ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

While I'd like more boxes that don't involve marines... I love DA and BA so much that I'll bite the bullet and insta buy any box involving them. Please be true and not BOLS speaking out of their rear ends.

If the Lion is gonna be released some time this year or early next, I'd wonder what they could do rules wise to make him distinct from Guilliman. 

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,349 posts

GW runs a tight ship now and the only people still dealing in rumors are the ones who make up their own.

Edited by Wispy, 12 April 2019 - 06:03 PM.

• Triszin, Master Commander Ajax, Marshal Loss and 4 others like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

That's unfortunately (for us) true. I haven't seen any of the reliable sources like Atia and co post a rumour in ages.

• SickSix likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,344 posts

Lion isn't a traitor. The 40k Dark Angels might be however.

Killing civilians and allies on occasion is one thing - although it's a stretch as they don't have the authority of the Inquisition or the Grey Knights. They often abandon their duty and don't follow the edicts of the Lord Commander and Custodes. For an Astartes to abandon his duties is Heresy. They persue their goals ahead of the goals of the Imperium, and at the cost of it's best interests.

If the Lion returns he should either get the DA and their successors in order or purge them of their more extreme elements. Now that would shake things up.

All of this is nonsense. They haven’t disobeyed any pf gulliamns edicts. They haven’t abandoned their duty to the imperium or the emperor at all. On the very rare occasion they have fully left a war zone to hunt fallen it is because the fallen threat is of greater concern than whatever is happening in the war zone they are in. They rarely actually do it anyway, often the fallen hunting is a small side quest for a few DA. Only one dark angel descended successor chapters is known to do it to the degree that it has ever caused a problem.

One could accuses most imperial forces of some form of treachery or heresy using such tenuous claims/grasp of the lore, including Gulliman himself.

You are just salty because they use Primaris as cannon fodder :lol:
  • Black Blow Fly, evilhomer and Morovir like this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

yeah, rumor is likely just BOLS without the O or L, but the base concept of a box featuring Dark Angels or The Fallen is perfectly reasonable, sense GWs hasn't touched whatever is going on with Luther's escape yet, despite it being years sense that little tidbit of lore came out...

I would hope that if they do make a Dark Angels box that it's a DA vs Fallen in a Betrayal at Calth/Burning of Prospero style box where you can either build two small armies with slightly different units, or one basic starting army using everything in the box, sense Fallen reuse DA specific kits anyway, and presumably will continue to do so whenever said kit gets an update(upsized classic marines would be nice, and be a nice gesture that Primaris aren't the "please rebuy your whole army now" cash grab that many have feared/cynically concluded them to be)

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,965 posts
Bunch of lousy :cuss. Nah it work with all 4 letters.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,808 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I can believe there's a Dark Angel box but surely the Primarch will be a seperate release?

-~Ishagu~-

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,201 posts

Lion is the obvious primarch that should be next above any others. 

And who is to say regarding design intent given the low amount of info we have. 

It could very easily be one of the "imperial v imperial" engagements that are the Dark Angels covering up for a mistake with the fallen. 

Given its an early rumor take it with salt, though the Lion coming back is the incredibly obvious low-hanging fruit for the design team that would be a huge hit in the community and make GW a fair bit of money. In short: Its gonna happen for the DA, just may take a bit. 

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts
Or we could just stop allowing baseless speculation and text-based rumours from unverified sources.

That aside, we're still way too early in the game for a loyalist primarch to make a return. Games Workshop can drop the various traitor primarchs in where they please, but the loyalists? Dudes are game-changers. It's an entirely different scope. I mean, heck, it's barely been two years since Guilliman returned.
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Actually I think we are slowly nearing the time for a new loyalist Primarch. Guilliman has done a lot of stuff, established himself as the leader and is now facing the problem that he can't be everywhere he's needed at the same time.

• Skerr likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,314 posts
I have a memory of a previous BoLS rumour from a year or so ago which featured a packaging guy having boxes of Lionel Johnson primarch boxes and it was a bit unbelievable back then. Either that was correct or we're having another swing at the tether ball.

I don't see it personally. I think gw releases have been fairly formulaic. This is a bit out of left field.

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,480 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
The problem is that if you say "plastic thunderhawk" or "the lion" often enough, you'll eventually be right. But that doesn't make the rumor accurate. Just because there was a similar rumor a year ago doesn't give either more credibility.
  • Marshal Loss, wildweasel and Panzer like this

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,893 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Actually I think we are slowly nearing the time for a new loyalist Primarch. Guilliman has done a lot of stuff, established himself as the leader and is now facing the problem that he can't be everywhere he's needed at the same time.

Or they could just let other non-Gulliman characters do stuff.

• Sete, Petitioner's City and Beams like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Or they could just let other non-Gulliman characters do stuff.

Hah, as if. :D

• bolvar likes this

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 289 posts

I don't think we're going to see the Lion quite yet. The Dark Imperium trilogy from black library that has been chronicling the story of Big G is still only two books, and as far as I know the third hasn't even been announced yet. They are probably going to let that story wrap up and then give it some time before another primarch comes back. In a year or so maybe, but not yet

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,672 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
This rumor is a load of barnacles. Clickbait BoLS strikes again.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts

I don't think we're going to see the Lion quite yet. The Dark Imperium trilogy from black library that has been chronicling the story of Big G is still only two books, and as far as I know the third hasn't even been announced yet. They are probably going to let that story wrap up and then give it some time before another primarch comes back. In a year or so maybe, but not yet

Was it supposed to be a trilogy? I had no idea. I wonder what the third book will be about. I'm gonna contradict what I said earlier about not wanting Guilliman to fight every Daemon Primarch that shows up, but I hope the third part of Dark Imperium is about Fulgrim coming back with the intention of reopening that neck wound. At least it'd have more of a history behind it than Guilliman fighting Magnus and Mortarion.

And about the gap between loyalist Primarchs, regardless of this having a smidge of truth to it or not, I also don't expect the one to show up until at least next year. They did say they wanted each Primarch feel like an event and that's why they are spacing them out.

Edited by DeadFingers, 12 April 2019 - 10:28 PM.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,851 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I really hope the third book isnt Guilliman saving the day yet again, theres enough of that between the codices and novels. To me the most interest and best aspect of Guy Haleys Guilliman is this idea of Roboute being a classical heroic figure transported into this hellscape of cruelty that is the Imperium and while he wants to change it his moral code is just eroded bit by bit until he becomes the same monstrous tyrant that is the Emperor because thats what it takes and I hope the third has Guilliman dealing with the more ruthless parts of the Imperium like the Inquisition as a way to continue showcasing this erosion of his character.
  • Doctor Perils likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,290 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Was it supposed to be a trilogy? I had no idea. I wonder what the third book will be about. I'm gonna contradict what I said earlier about not wanting Guilliman to fight every Daemon Primarch that shows up, but I hope the third part of Dark Imperium is about Fulgrim coming back with the intention of reopening that neck wound. At least it'd have more of a history behind it than Guilliman fighting Magnus and Mortarion.

It has definitely always been planned as a trilogy. The last book will be based around Mortarion vs. Guilliman on Iax, followed by the DG retreat from Ultramar. Don't expect any new Primarchs.

bRxSYDV.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts

It has definitely always been planned as a trilogy. The last book will be based around Mortarion vs. Guilliman on Iax, followed by the DG retreat from Ultramar. Don't expect any new Primarchs.

Ah. Well good to know. Maybe it'll give some more insight on the "contest of champions" happening on the Scourge Stars.

Dark_Master

Dark_Master

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 829 posts
There is a Fallen Daemon Prince that has a Lions head. Maybe it’s a Fallen against Sisters box 😉

DM
  • Petitioner's City likes this

D3L

D3L

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 710 posts
  • Faction: I, IX, XIV, XVII

To be fair this could descend into a huge vitriol filled pit of doom of loyal vs heretic awfulness so be careful fraters smile.png

could?

this is BaC, that is a given

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

1000 Sons

1000 Sons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
Not sure if this has been mentioned..

In the Thousand Sons campaign in Fenris, it is hinted that Luther has escaped the Rock. Since then we have heard nothing about the Dark Angels, and with CSM codex 2 I don't see in that far off for Dark Angels to get some love and be the first space marine codex to get a 2nd edition. There could definitely be a relative peace between Girly and Johnson if they come to a deal where Girly will keep the Fallen a secret and long as Johnson stays on the far side of the galaxy fighting the good fight for the Imperium. All the while Girly stays on the side still in contact with Terra making sure everyone knows that two loyal sons of the Emperor are in complete control and the Imperium is doing just fine.

ndKfPF6.jpg AiT9Upe.jpg

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,740 posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned..

In the Thousand Sons campaign in Fenris, it is hinted that Luther has escaped the Rock. Since then we have heard nothing about the Dark Angels, and with CSM codex 2 I don't see in that far off for Dark Angels to get some love and be the first space marine codex to get a 2nd edition. There could definitely be a relative peace between Girly and Johnson if they come to a deal where Girly will keep the Fallen a secret and long as Johnson stays on the far side of the galaxy fighting the good fight for the Imperium. All the while Girly stays on the side still in contact with Terra making sure everyone knows that two loyal sons of the Emperor are in complete control and the Imperium is doing just fine.

Luther didn't escaled the rock during that campaign cause Watchers in the Dark stopped the changeling in time
Luther vanished from the Rock After the return of BobbyG during another daemonic assault to the rock

However i don't think the Lion Will return in a short time
In fact i am starting to think that BobbyG Will remain the only loyalist primarch in 40 cause GW Is too eager in supporting Smurfs only
In fact when GW Will have all the Chapter masters of the First founding Legions in primaris sauce they Will act like primarchs-wannabe and BobbyG like BigE-wannabe so GW Will Be Happy about the Smurfs being the best :D

Edited by Master Sheol, 13 April 2019 - 05:20 AM.

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,877 posts
I’m struggling to imagine how they could do a new DA release. DW and RW are such iconic parts of DA and neither are particularly Primaris focussed. I really doubt GW are going to do any major new Space Marine releases that aren’t Primaris based so that either means they won’t touch DW/RW or they’ll have to completely reinvent them on a massive scale. Neither seems very likely to me.
  • farfromsam and Aramis K like this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users