Be'lakor

Now just trying to think of ways to 40k him up.

I truly love the be'lakor model and don't believe he needs touched however I have a compulsive need to convert any and all miniatures that pass through my hands.

I think in an ideal world I would straighten his pose to make him taller, lengthen his tail, swap out the sword for an axe, add shoulder pads and other armoured gubins to tie him in with the csm aesthetic and green stuff on some cables and stuff.

Now that's an ideal world lol whether I have the balls to cut up such an iconic model is something else entirely.

Base him as if there's a Warp Storm consuming the planet.

Lol I'm not sure where even to begin with that though it is a really cool idea.

I did want to incorporate a dead chaos marine and a dead imperial on the base to show his allegiance is with neither.

Think cracked ground like lava erupting, except its purple, pink and red with tentacles coming through the cracks instead. 

Base him as if there's a Warp Storm consuming the planet.

Lol I'm not sure where even to begin with that though it is a really cool idea.

I did want to incorporate a dead chaos marine and a dead imperial on the base to show his allegiance is with neither.

Think cracked ground like lava erupting, except its purple, pink and red with tentacles coming through the cracks instead. 

This does sound very cool. You think it would work if I replace the purple lava/fire with green witch fire and the tentacles with spectres/ghosts? 

I want to lean on the fact this guys called the shadow lord, make it look like shadows are coalescing around him.  

I like the idea of playing up his shadowy aspect too. I have some AOS Spirit Hosts I use for Crimson Slaughter bases that I wanted to add to Be'lakor too.

It's still very much a work in progress, but here he is so far, looking shadowy.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/257341-20190416-103823-3984x2241/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/257342-20190416-103904-3984x2241/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/257343-20190416-103836-3984x2241/

I like the idea of playing up his shadowy aspect too. I have some AOS Spirit Hosts I use for Crimson Slaughter bases that I wanted to add to Be'lakor too.

It's still very much a work in progress, but here he is so far, looking shadowy.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/257341-20190416-103823-3984x2241/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/257342-20190416-103904-3984x2241/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/257343-20190416-103836-3984x2241/

Nice man. Really like the colour scheme you've gone for.

If I was feeling really brave I would use some liquid resin to make it look like be'lakor was surrounded by a pool of shadow and spirit.

My belakor is a pvc figure of Diabolos from final fantady 8, with an added sword, slightly reposed, & repainted. The body is the same size as the actual belakor model, but it's larger & more imposing overall due to the open wings and fire pillar / orb of darkness he's rising out of, the base of which is conveniently 60mm in diameter for game purposes.

tumblr_orz68bbgkB1woua6zo6_400.jpg

tumblr_orz68bbgkB1woua6zo5_400.jpg

Not GW legal, which sucks since that's where most of my gaming happens these days, but I like it.

Rare to see someone who appreciates eight.  It's a sorely - if understandably - underrated gem.  Definitely flawed, in ways that can be downright painful in a blind first play through, but it has a lot going for it if you dig in, and even the flaws are still pretty interesting in a 'what exactly were they trying to do here?' sort of way.  Not my favorite final fantasy personally, that will probably always be six, but eight's definitely up there.

Rare to see someone who appreciates eight. It's a sorely - if understandably - underrated gem. Definitely flawed, in ways that can be downright painful in a blind first play through, but it has a lot going for it if you dig in, and even the flaws are still pretty interesting in a 'what exactly were they trying to do here?' sort of way. Not my favorite final fantasy personally, that will probably always be six, but eight's definitely up there.

I think 8 is my favourite simply because it was the first one I played 'proper'

I'd know of final fantasy and dabbled in them before but eight was the first time I realised ok this is something special.

I haven't touched any of the newer ones as I kinda feel they've taken a big step away from them final fantasy template but hey that's just me. I can't remember the last oelne I played just that I had a character called Gabranth and some group called the black judge's.

To be fair, they took a big step away from the final fantasy template ever since 7 (with a short nostalgic visit back with 9). 8 was nice and visually stunning at its time but the quality of the story dropped massively in part 3 and 4 imo and it has a number of other flaws too.

Final Fantasy as a series has never been one to jog in place, and I appreciate that Square has always valued innovation & experimentation in their first party games and in Final Fantasy titles in particular.  Those are pretty rare to see priorities in big budget AAA titles.  Of course, that does lead to a lot of working elements being dropped in favor of new elements that don't turn out as well.  The end result frequently suffers significant flaws, but even those flaws are often very interesting and compelling in ways that a "better", safer game that focused on refining a set formula over trying new things might not be.  First time through my favorites were the classics, the masterpieces - 4, 6, 7, 9, trigger.  Stunning games with soaring highs, few low points, and even fewer serious flaws (at least by the standards of their time).  But years later the ones that still capture my interest & imagination are more overtly flawed & broken examples - 2, 8, 12, 13, cross.  Games that also have their share of soaring highs, but with much lower lows and glaring flaws that can't be glossed over.  But it's often those flaws that make these games more compelling, as you try to figure out what the devs were trying to do, where things went wrong, and glimpse the shadows of brilliance that let you imagine the game as it might have been.

I suppose finding the glimpses of greatness in interesting but very flawed games is part of what I like about 40k/whfb/aos too.

=][= Final fantasy? Sounds Slaaneshi! Yeah, let's stick to that. =][=

Sorry sir! Lol final fantasy is such an easy subject to slip into.

Back on topic I really appreciate all the help and I will take the Diablo suggestion to heart.

Defo think I need to pick up some Aos spirit hosts and liquid resin.

Archived