+++ Turf War II: The Battle for Sludge City +++

Ranulf

That’s some nice freehand on the banner.

Shame about the colours though. :tongue.:

Dallo

thank you!

whats the problem with the colours? :happy.:

i have to say, thats not totally a freehand. i made a scetch witch gimp for printing. but because of the low quality in this little size i decided to cut of a lot of details and just use a little part as a portrait...  after printing, i glued it on the banner and coloured it.

here is the first scetch how i wanted it to look :whistling:

screensbanner.jpg

Nice work Shriken, that's a point for for the Outlaws in the Chem Pits. :thumbsup:

-Ran

many thanks!! great! :thumbsup:

Edited by Kommissar Shriken

No problem with the colours. Just poking a bit of (hopefully) good natured fun at the fact that Ultramarines tend to be the poster boys of the 40k.

Some good looking stuff here. Keep up the good work folks.

Dallo

Oh no sir,  no ultrasmurfs :biggrin.: its kantor blue and a allusion formy own chapter the sons of shriken , based on the blue/red colour of the crimson fists. 

Look:https://i.ibb.co/D5gyzCS/DSC-0648.jpg

And here the glorius primarch shriken with his friend warmaster "captain" Dangerous 

https://i.ibb.co/T05W3LV/DSC-0596.jpg :sweat:

Edited by Kommissar Shriken

Nice stuff Eldrick Shadowblade! Seems like the Drinking Hole is in the tentacly grip of a Slaanesh Cult now. :devil:

As for myself: my ten Poxwalkers got the first colours on their skin. Nothing worth a WIP picture, but the progress is there. I am also constantly building (and converting) more, but I want to have the current batch done before showing off the next...

+++ Week Four Round-up +++

We've now completed the fourth week of the Turf War II campaign - to a huge influx of participation! Week four has seen 43 new Boasts from 3 Members and 11 Completions from members Eldrick Shadowblade and Kommissar Shriken. The Outlaws and House Goliath have found new allies in the form of mercenaries - heavily mutated fighters who may not be all that they seem...

Breakdown by Faction:

Outlaws: 28 Boasts (65%)
House Goliath: 14 Boast (33%)
House Orlock: 1 Boasts (2%)

Breakdown by Territory:

The Toll Crossing: 16 Boasts (37%)
The Settlement: 14 Boast (33%)
The Chem Pits: 7 Boasts (16%)
The Old Ruins: 4 Boasts (9%)
The Drinking Hole: 2 Boasts (5%)

+++ Monthly Overall Round-up +++

To round up the activity over the first month - we have seen a total of 97 Boasts from 13 Members and 22 Completions from members CaptainDangerous, Eldrick Shadowblade, Gederas, Kommissar Shriken, Lord Ranulf and Radu Lykan.

Breakdown by Faction:

Outlaws: 35 Boasts (36%)
Chaos Cultists: 23 Boasts (24%)
House Goliath: 18 Boasts (19%)
House Escher: 8 Boasts (8%)
House Orlock: 6 Boasts (6%)
Genestealer Cults: 6 Boasts (6%)
House Cawdor: 1 Boast (1%)

Breakdown by Territory:

The Toll Crossing: 28 Boasts (29%)
The Settlement: 27 Boasts (28%)
The Chem Pits: 15 Boasts (15%)
The Drinking Hole: 14 Boasts (14%)
The Old Ruins: 13 Boasts (13%)

The Settlement remains in hands of Narco Lord Daryth Armagio, although the muscle-bound brutes of House Goliath have been seen shouldering their way into some of the hab blocks.

The Toll Crossing has been seized by a Hunter team of the upper spire, seemingly in the pay of the Outlaw faction. The nominal House Orlock presence there has been limited to firing at shadows and praying for reinforcement.

Chaos Cultists continue to stalk the eerie darkness of the Old Ruins seeking flesh and souls to offer to their dark masters.

The Drinking Hole is has been seized by a large group of Chaos Cultists! A belligerent House Orlock Scummer was seen fleeing the premises carrying as much whiskey as his duster could hold!

A lone Outlaw has taken up residence in the Chem Pits, ranting and wailing that the end times have come at last...

Eight weeks to go!

-Ran

Edited by Lord Ranulf

Hi folks,

I finished my crossbow champion, along with two other (out of competition) gangers, who were sadly partially started and couldn't be valid entries for this comp. I've got one other (out of competition) ganger nearly completed too, which I'm pretty happy with.

2gbTMRmh.jpg

For my next vow, I'm going to paint up Charlie, my Sheen bird, for the glory of House Cawdor in the Chem Pits.

eqEcGzjh.jpg

He will look slightly better when he is completed, I hope. The base model is the bird from the back of the Deathwatch Overkill White Scar, which I got in a bits job lot, so he was essentially free, which is always nice.

The plan is to bury the pole he's attached to in a pile of rubbish, so it looks a bit more natural.

If any other faithful Cawdor brothers and sisters want to join me in the Chem pits, they are more than welcome. :biggrin.:

Dallo 

Nice progress on those Cawdor gangers, Brother Dallo. A somewhat uncommon scheme, but I like it.

The Chem Pits belong to the Dark Gods though, let go of all hope now! :devil:

Thanks folks. :)

Wow, great stuff - the painting is really crisp.  I'm really getting a Boondock Saints (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144117/) vibe off the one with 2 pistols and I love how their weapons give a nice bit of spot colour.

:laugh.: Dr Ruminahui, it's a bit Boondock Saints I'll grant you.

Ran, I'd like to take some painting lessons with you! Really top notch work! Even if they will fall to the sway of chaos!!!

Eldrick, these guys just use basic techniques, patience and the odd bit of bottled-liquid skill. :wink:  

-Ran

Edited by Lord Ranulf

:laugh.: Dr Ruminahui, it's a bit Boondock Saints I'll grant you.

Boondock Saints was the movie that pioneered (for me, anyway) the "shoot 2 pistols without looking where either of them is pointed" shooting style - in which your model is obviously quite proficient. :)

:drool:

Incredible Orlocks there, Lord Ranulf. Well done!

A question concerning TW2 and ETL: could I vow something for both challenges? Asking for the mutated friend of a friend...

Edited by Darnok

:drool:

Incredible Orlocks there, Lord Ranulf. Well done!

A question concerning TW2 and ETL: could I vow something for both challenges? Asking for the mutated friend of a friend...

As long as the vows met the rules of entry for both comps you can double up. I think we'll just about be done as the ETL fires up though...

Damn Ran those Orlocks look so good I still can't even figure out a colour scheme for mine!

You and me both. 

Y'all could steal mine. After all, I stole it from someone else. :laugh.:

The scheme I went with is based heavily on some Orlocks by a miniature painter named Tomáš Pekař - there's no comparison though, he's a Golden Demon artist, I'm just a tabletop dude. :wink:

-Ran

As long as the vows met the rules of entry for both comps you can double up. I think we'll just about be done as the ETL fires up though...

Depends on what ou mean with "firing up". ETL starts June 1st, TW2 only ends July 13th - that's six weeks of shared time.