+++ Turf War II: The Battle for Sludge City +++

Ranulf

A question concerning TW2 and ETL: could I vow something for both challenges? Asking for the mutated friend of a friend...

As long as the vows met the rules of entry for both comps you can double up. I think we'll just about be done as the ETL fires up though...

Depends on what ou mean with "firing up". ETL starts June 1st, TW2 only ends July 13th - that's six weeks of shared time.

:laugh.: Sorry, I mixed up my months, all that edge highlighting today must have caused some brain-drain. :laugh.:

-Ran

Ran, you are too humble with those paint skills. However, breaking news in Sludge City...

The rusted out jalopy rumbled down the winding roads of Sludge City far away from Arbite patrols. Two men, clad in purple and blue robes exited the vehicle and opened up the bed of the truck to reveal a dozen corpses piled into the back. "Looks like Lady Thorn wuz' hungry the other night."

The other man laughed. "Just be thankful she doesn't turn her affections on you. Now help me toss these lot down the embankment."

The two men went to their grim task as a figure watched in the shadows...

sYOnQFt.jpg

Edited by Eldrick Shadowblade

Decided to finish converting my not Cenobyte Slaaneshii cult, gonna paint those to get me in the mood for ETL. Now I just need to find the damn things.

I finally get to join in... Yay!!! :lol:

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Finished my yakman bounty hunter

k09wPqW.jpg

Pics are a bit dark but there are more in my plog https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/time-to-stop-flirting-with-the-idea-of-necromunda-and-just-do-it-already.1857/page-9#post-196569

Have finally finished building my magus, magnetising her to be a vampiric necromancers apprentice for frost grave took a bit longer than I thought due to me being all thumbs when it came to the drilling. Should get some paint on her this week

Looking good RADU LYKAN. It’s nice to see some cross pollination between Yaktribe and B&C. The magnetisation of your Magus looks really good.

I have made a little bit of progress on Charlie and his base, but the most exciting development is that I’ll be arbitrating a campaign with three other players over summer, which should be good fun. I’m hoping to get my gang fully painted in time for the campaign starting, so a few of them might make an appearance here.

Dallo

Lord Ranulf, are the new characters from "The Book Of Peril" - see HERE for contents -  fair game once it is out? I assume the answer is "yes", but confirmation never hurts!

Finished my yakman bounty hunter

Pics are a bit dark but there are more in my plog https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/time-to-stop-flirting-with-the-idea-of-necromunda-and-just-do-it-already.1857/page-9#post-196569

Have finally finished building my magus, magnetising her to be a vampiric necromancers apprentice for frost grave took a bit longer than I thought due to me being all thumbs when it came to the drilling. Should get some paint on her this week

Good job Radu Lykan:thumbsup:

Lord Ranulf, are the new characters from "The Book Of Peril" - see HERE for contents -  fair game once it is out? I assume the answer is "yes", but confirmation never hurts!

Correct. :yes:

-Ran

More than a month after I started I declare my boast complete. In the end I had to go without the base as the one in the starting picture was only held in place with blutack. When I tried to get the angle right for the actual gluing I just could not get a nice fit where both feet had the right angle to the rock at the same time, and then I misplaced the rock.

I cannot just put him on a flat base as the spear end is actually lower than the feet, something I only realized after assembly, so he need something raised to stand on.

Anyway, one old Ambot now stomps around the Old Ruins for the Outlaws, for all the good it will do.

gallery_29932_12734_221035.jpg

I don’t think I have any more Necromunda setting appropriate models to hand, but if I find some I’ll be back.

Lovely looking murderbot Trokair. I split a box with a mate, so Psalm-Bot May make an appearance. I’m starting a Necromunda Campaign on Wednesday, so I’m hoping to get Charlie finished up today, so I can vow the rest of my Gang, who I’ve deliberately not started painting yet.

Dallo

Editing to avoid double post:

I've got Charlie to a point where I'm happy to call him done.

EQSfDM4h.jpg

For a model which was cobbled together from spare parts, I think he turned out alright.

Uga6fvUh.jpg

I'm still slightly upset I painted some reasonably crisp hazard stripes and then buried them under a pile of Underhive junk, but you can still kind of make them out here.

As mentioned above, I'm starting a Necromunda campaign on Wednesday. The plan was to start in mid June, so everyone had a chance to get their models painted, but turns out the guys I play with are a little impatient. :tongue.:

I'm vowing the rest of my starting gang, so that's a further six Cawdor for the Chem Pits.

B4TpQrph.jpg

I might make a log here to talk about my Gang and their campaign.

C&C (and other Cawdor players) welcome.

Dallo

Edited by Brother Dallo

Stupid question #4279: how is equipment represented by a model handled, like bomb delivery rats for example?

As far as Bombs Rats go, they're fairly substantial minis, so I'm happy to include a group of them as a single boast.

More than a month after I started I declare my boast complete. In the end I had to go without the base as the one in the starting picture was only held in place with blutack. When I tried to get the angle right for the actual gluing I just could not get a nice fit where both feet had the right angle to the rock at the same time, and then I misplaced the rock.

I cannot just put him on a flat base as the spear end is actually lower than the feet, something I only realized after assembly, so he need something raised to stand on.

Anyway, one old Ambot now stomps around the Old Ruins for the Outlaws, for all the good it will do.

I don’t think I have any more Necromunda setting appropriate models to hand, but if I find some I’ll be back.

Nice work Trokair! I hope you find a way around your basing dilemma. :smile.:

I've got Charlie to a point where I'm happy to call him done.

I'm vowing the rest of my starting gang, so that's a further six Cawdor for the Chem Pits.

Dallo

Charlie has tipped the scales to House Cawdor in the Chem Pits Brother Dallo

One Cawdor Champion and five Cawdor Gangers added to your boast tally.

-Ran

• 2 weeks later...

That’s the hope. I don’t think I can take any other territories by myself though. Are you still planning to do some Cawdor for the event like you said? How are your Poxwalkers coming along?

Dallo

That’s the hope. I don’t think I can take any other territories by myself though. Are you still planning to do some Cawdor for the event like you said? How are your Poxwalkers coming along?

To be honest, ETL has really sidetracked my painting the last week. I will get my current Chaos Cult models done in time for this, but doubt that the Cawdors will get any attention.

I might add the Sheenbird I'm currently building though, as that would be some small distraction. Just one model, but it could help with the Chem Pits - even though I originally had planned to take them myself!

Can we get any close ups, Brother Dallos?  They look really nice.

I'll not spam this thread, so I started my own, with a few close up shots and some other stuff I've been working on. Feel free to drop by. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356509-the-friary-of-jade/

Thanks for all of the kind words folks. 

Looking forward to seeing some more completions.

Dallo

+++ Monthly Overall Round-up +++

To round up the activity over the second month - after a fairly quiet time (with the 2019 ETL looming large) we have seen a total of 7 new Boasts from 2 Members and 12 Completions from members Brother Dallo, Lord Ranulf and Radu Lykan.

Breakdown by Faction:

House Cawdor: 6 Boasts (86%)

House Goliath: 1 Boast (14%)

Breakdown by Territory:

The Chem Pits: 6 Boasts (86%)
The Settlement: 1 Boast (14%)

The Settlement remains in hands of Narco Lord Daryth Armagio, with a nominal presence from Houses Orlock and Goliath.

The Chem Pits have been seized by the zealots of House Cawdor, ranting and wailing that the end times have come at last...

One month to go folks!

-Ran

My biggest issue right now is I can't figure out what colour-scheme to do on the Goliaths (who will be Diggaz/Digganobz in my Orks) which is stopping me from doing any painting on them.

Because I'm having issues with coming up with a colour-scheme for my Orks. Such a pain.... :lol: