+++ Turf War II: The Battle for Sludge City +++

Ranulf

Yellow. Orks always look amazing in yellow, and you could double down and do the diggas in the same scheme!

My biggest issue is I want to avoid doing a colour that's associated with one of the six Klans.

I'm currently thinking purple armour with black details and dark grey cloth, but that's harder to translate onto the Goliaths in a way that looks good.

Will there be enough contrast between the purple and black? At a distance, two dark colors can blend together and look like a dark blob.

Yeah. That's the issue I'm having. It's easy enough to do with vehicles because there's a large amount of area where the colours can contrast with each other without any issues.

Unless I go with Heresy-Era Emperor's Children Purple, which is quite bright.

What about an olive green or a rusty red color? 

Also...

I, BCK, boast that I shall paint 5 Orlock Gangers, 1 Juve, 2 Champions, and 1 Leader for the influence of House Orlock in the Drinking Hole by the end of 13th July, 2019.

WIP pics of the other 9:

LNDeraC.png

Q4kUlRO.png

LrqbRQ4.png

34aPcYD.png

A few of the heads have been swapped from the assembly WIP pics and the heavy stubber champ got a slightly modified GSC head. 

I plan to! Getting over the paralysis of gear selection and building a list took a lot longer than expected, but I wanted to have a good foundation to build on with the max number of boots on the ground. Now that's been sorted, the assembly line painting shall begin in earnest. 

What a splurge of activity, great! And House Orlock seems unwilling to leave the Drinking Hole in the mutated hands of the chaotic hordes...

Damn, the Chaos Cults have to gear it up a bit if they want to win this - and they have a reasonable chance at it! Keeping the Drinking Hole and the Old Ruins should be possible, despite the Orlock onslaught. The Settlement is another affair though, and will need serious... attention...

Calling all Chaos Cults! Hold the Drinking Hole and the Old Ruins! March to the Settlement!

And yes, I will do my part. My first boasts should be done next week, and there is a second wave being built. For the Dark Gods! :devil:

Edited by Darnok

Brutus Maximus, leader of the Goliaths tasked with taking territory from Armagio has heard rumours of a few other gangs with eyes on the prize and has sent runners after the gangers he sent to reinforce the Goliath presence in the settlement, the runners have dug them out of various drinking holes and whore houses and they are now back en route and should be able to bolster the Goliath holdings before any real fighting kicks off

Been super busy selling my house and sorting stuff out but here's where I am up to on my active boasts

All ready for spray when/if the sun ever comes out again

Ivan vankjo, possibly my least practical gaming mini ever :)

f2qkpNx.jpg

Djanjo

5uMsRpF.jpg

Gk6XBbq.jpg

Magus

2mkMQaF.jpg

And started blocking in colours on johab quint

xYfLPgU.jpg

Hopefully some proper painting will happen soon

What is the best thing if you are stressed? Add more stress of course! :woot:

I, Darnok, boast that I shall paint seven Chaos Cultists for the influence of the Chaos Cults in the Settlement by the end of 13th July, 2019.

Before picture, not the best quality though:

y6kktaG.jpg

Added my boast picture, in the picture below ignore the Imperial Fist next to him I was just playing with the contrast paints!

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10639/gallery_26119_10639_12826.jpeg

Think I will try drybrush him a bit tonight to brighten the orange up and start on the black and metallic areas - armour plates will be black/very dark metal and all the tubes and other pieces will be a bit brighter silver.

With about three weeks more to go: how about some statistics?

Un4La5z.png

What you see here, is for each faction and territory, the number of pledged and finished models (plain), pledged and unfinished models (cursive) and total potential models (bold). I left out Redemptionists, as nobody pledged for them (I could not leave out Delaque!).

Red indicates a factions current control over a territory, yellow indicates a factions potential control (if all pledged models are finished) and green indicates a factions control if both cases are true (i.e. current and potential total favour this faction).

At this point in time, this means, split by factions:

Goliath

Having a huge investment for the Settlement, assuming completion they would win this territory. Any failed completion will make it harder for others though (as those would be added to the Narco Lords numbers). With no chances at other territories, they can not win the campaign, and only make it harder for anybody else, no matter the completions. Quite in character for the brutes I might add!

Escher

Even at full completion, Escher will win no territory. Finishing none of their models will make it much tougher for anybody else in the Settlement though, as that would add six models to the forces of Lord Darmagio!

Orlock

They have to finish their models, but assuming so would net them the Drinking Hole - unless the Chaos Cults do something about it! No reasonable chance at any territory for the House Of Iron I'm afraid.

Cawdor

The Chem Pits are theirs, and unless the Outlaws put more pressure on them, it will stay that way. Sadly that's it.

Chaos Cults

Currently in control of two territories, and with good chances at keeping it that way. Will only win if they defend their gains - the Drinking Hole needs at least three more models - and find a way to grab the Settlement as well, but it will be a tough fight (at least eleven models more!).

Outlaws

With full completion, the Toll Crossing is firmly under their control. This would only change with eleven or more unfinished models (shifting control to the Narco Lord). Assuming full completion (and no more action from Cawdor), with only two more models the Chem Pits could be claimed as well.

Van Saar / Delaque / Genestealer Cults

Even assuming full completion, none of these control even a single territory. Genestealer Cults could throw some more bodies in the fight for the Toll Crossing, and could speculate on poor finisher numbers for Outlaws - but it would be a gamble. House Delaque is a no-show.

Narco Lord Daryth Armagio

Given the current numbers the chances are high in his favour. Only Goliaths have a chance at taking the Settlement, but they lack any other territory. The Chaos Cults have a reasonable shot at two territories, but have not made any move on the Settlement - and would need at least eleven completed models there!

=====

As for myself? I will not reveal my hand for now, but of course I would love to see the Chaos Cults reign supreme! They have quite a struggle ahead of them though - and I will do my best to support them!

P.S.: I just noted - after typing all this :sweat: - that my latest boast is not yet included in the list. Lord Ranulf to the rescue? Fixed, thank you! :thumbsup:

Edited by Darnok

Chaos in the Underhive? The Friary of Jade will not allow this.

I pledge two Champions*, one Ganger and my plucky Juve Two-Creds to the assault on the Settlement.

jpCk68il.jpg?1

*(I hope my bolter champion is eligible as an entry. I spent literally five minutes playing with Contrast on him. I can reprime those sections if it's an issue, but I'll be adding more detail to the existing basecoat anyway, so I'm hoping it's fine.)

Dallo

Hi Everyone,

Found this thread and it inspired me to join the boards, such great stuff going on. I needed a kick to get painting rather than just building so here we go.

I, The Gentle Axeman, pledge to paint 1 Escher Champion, for the glory of chaos cults in The Drinking Hole by the 13th of July.

Hope that's all correct.

20190603_095057_zpshsf2xumf.jpg

Edited by The Gentle Axeman

Wow, what a great entrance! That champion conversion looks fantastic, and of course I appreciate the support for the Chaos Cults! :thumbsup:

Where is that "baby doll head" from? It looks downright scary - I love it.

Thanks for the kind words, if I can be creepy and nothing else I'd still be happy.

She's base coated now though I'll likely not paint until the weekend.

The head is from the Kingdom Death: Monster board game unarmourd survivor sprue, I battled with myself about mixing the parts in with GW stuff but it fit my concept so well (and I'm shockingly short on bitz) I had to in the end. The scale is slightly off but hopefully paint will make up for it.

Chaos in the Underhive? The Friary of Jade will not allow this.

I pledge two Champions*, one Ganger and my plucky Juve Two-Creds to the assault on the Settlement.

*(I hope my bolter champion is eligible as an entry. I spent literally five minutes playing with Contrast on him. I can reprime those sections if it's an issue, but I'll be adding more detail to the existing basecoat anyway, so I'm hoping it's fine.)

Dallo

We'll let those splashes of colour slide this time Brother Dallo, all good and good luck. :)

Hi Everyone,

Found this thread and it inspired me to join the boards, such great stuff going on. I needed a kick to get painting rather than just building so here we go.

I, The Gentle Axeman, pledge to paint 1 Escher Champion, for the glory of chaos cults in The Drinking Hole by the 13th of July.

Hope that's all correct.

Welcome to the B&C Gentle Axeman, your boast has been added, good luck. :thumbsup:

-Ran

My two boasts of five Poxwalker-Cultists each are done.

Five of them are shambling through the Old Ruins...

ynqJQFC.jpg

... while another five bath in the acid tanks of the Chem Pits.

zFLvrSH.jpg

There are more pictures over at my Plog.

Edited by Darnok