+++ Turf War II: The Battle for Sludge City +++

Ranulf

I feel a sudden surge of chaos cultists coming on!

I for one would love it! The Chaos Cults could win this, but they need to hold the Drinking Hole and take the Settlement (the Old Ruins are safe for now). More technicalities under the spoiler.

The status of last week can be found here. The current campaign progress is up here.

The campaign is designed in a way that all unfinished models are counted for the Narco Lord. As an example, right now that could mean up to 41 points for him in the Settlement! But even (optimistically) assuming the full completion from everybody, the Settlement can not be won with less than 20 points for anybody but Goliath (who would hold it with 19).

For Chaos Cults this means some serious work left to do, as not only do I need to finish 12 more models (I will boast five more to the seven in the Settlement in a minute), but at least another eight are needed on top of that. And the Drinking Hole needs some more attention as well! Two models minimum, preferably more.

The good news about all this number-crunching? Chaos does at least have a realistic chance of winning! Now we just need to take it home. :devil:

Storywise, your cult could send for reinforcements in both territories, or you come up with a second cult. Either way, Chaos for the win! :thumbsup:

Edit: Forgot the most important part of course. As mentioned earlier, I got lucky in a trade:

I, Darnok, boast that I shall paint five Chaos Cultists for the influence of Chaos in the Settlement by the end of 13th July, 2019.

gJVhLoK.jpg

Trying to get these built and primed today, bringing them up to the level of the other seven tomorrow, and possibly done by the end of next week. I still ave some surprises left for the end!

Edited by Darnok

I, Darnok, boast that I shall paint one Cawdor Champion and one Sheenbird for the influence of House Cawdor in the Chem Pits by the end of 13th July, 2019.

2IhZdyX.jpgldVy2tR.jpg

Edit: Better pictures are now up in my thread.

Edited by Darnok

ONE WEEK TO GO FOLKS!

Almost ten days actually. :wink.:

Will there be a definite deadline (like with ETL), or is "end of July 13th" given by the timezone of a given user?

I started typing up a list, then noticed that it would take a while (like... seriously :ph34r.: ). Of the stuff you mentioned, as from "The Book of Peril":

• Muties could be done as Venator Gangs, Chaos Cults, or as "Brainleaf Zombies" (for arbitrated scenarios, see page 54). The original Mutie models are fine for this, as would be Poxwalkers or anything based on WHF zombies.
  • Necromunda Giant Rats are an Exotic Beast available for all gangs (page 93). The WHF Giant Rats from the Skaven range would fit.
  • Ripper Swarms are not available as "represented by models", just as a Badzone Event (page 50/51).

I'm still alive and I am trying to get my gang done, but I just recently found out that I have to find a new place to live by September, so I've been busy with all that. I do have a place lined up, so I should be able to get more work done and will try to finish on time. 

Managed to get a little work done on the gun color tonight, which is the same grey as the shirts and shoulder pads. 

GFs77qs.png

I tried silver and just looked a little much, so then I went with all black and it was too dark, so I thought I'd try the grey and I think it looks nice. Going to leave the magazine and pistol cylinders black. 

Herr Doktor Faust listened to the chatter of autoguns and las rifles, the struggle of fierce combat. He listened to the moans of the injured and soon to be dead and thought it a shame. There was so much suffering in the Settlement for far too long. What trivialities could a Narco Lord offer in comparison to the Great Grandfather's fever dreams of eternal bliss. He could make this pain and suffering all go away, if they but asked. The Good Doktor was finally here, and he would cure all who asked for his hand...

I Eldrick Shadowblade make 15 boasts for the Glory of the Chaos gods in the settlement. I make an additional 5 more boasts for the glory of the chaos gods in the Drinking Hole.

Dz5W9ax.jpg

Hell yeah, now we're talking! Loving your shambling horde already. Do my eyes deceive me or is there an ooold metal zombie in there?

I only count 14 models so far, I assume the other six have lost a leg or something and will show up a bit late? :laugh.:

Hell yeah, now we're talking! Loving your shambling horde already. Do my eyes deceive me or is there an ooold metal zombie in there?

I only count 14 models so far, I assume the other six have lost a leg or something and will show up a bit late? :laugh.:

The middle zombie is indeed an old Necromunda plague zombie. I have a few of those myself.

Hey Eldrick, just trying to sort through your latest boasts.

So far I can see twelve Plague Zombies from the photos provided. I guess we can count the Rats (given Bomb Rats and other critters from earlier editions) so that makes two more completed boasts. I'm assuming these are the boasts directed to The Settlement territory?

Which leaves six unaccounted for boasts?

-Ran

Mistress Thorn smiled deliciously. The dumb hivers had fallen into her trap. Once she controlled the drinking hole, she wouldn;t need to rule the settlement directly... she'd have the ear and heart of ganger at her beck and call....

@Lord Ranulf: Here are the five cultists pledged for the watering hole. Here is also the missing pledge for the settlement.

Hr2UVym.jpg

rnp60ls.jpg

Just popping my head in to say Iv been completely slacking!

I havnt touched a paintbrush since the end of May ...but on the plus side I now have a canny tan! :p

Here’s where I’m at with the Goliath harboured cult...

https://yaktribe.games/community/attachments/0a4b84e1-8ef6-4a78-88d5-adf217d295f8-jpeg.87826/

Some really great stuff been done by everyone tho! Keep those pledges coming! :)