Auto include BA units

CommDante

Hi all.  I've been slowly amassing units for my army (Blood Angels, obviously) and was just looking to add a few more, because you can't really have too many :wink:.  I was just wondering if anyone had units that they would consider auto includes in a BA list?  If you wouldn't mind including a short blurb as to why you think so, I'd love some experienced players perspectives.  I'll either have reasons to pick up a few new models, or some new ideas on how to run those that I already have.  Appreciate it!

For the Emperor and Sanguinius!

Well I guess the only real auto-include is the Captain with Jump Pack, Thunderhammer and Stormshield. There are other good units but it's mostly up to taste as there are often alternatives for them.

Well I guess the only real auto-include is the Captain with Jump Pack, Thunderhammer and Stormshield. There are other good units but it's mostly up to taste as there are often alternatives for them.

I put one together, but I really want to make a new one.  I just don't love the finished product with the bits I used.  Thanks for the input!

I think a Librarian dread is a good partner for a slam cap. He can do the same role of punching big targets to death and instead of being reliant on CP usage he is reliant on psychic powers. So if you include both it gives you some versatility while still fulfilling the same role (and giving some redundancy.)

Yeah a Librarian dread or alternatively Mephiston are great secondary HQ choices.

I suppose I'll be ordering a libby dread!  Thanks guys.

Scout bikes is almost always an auto include in the FA slot for me. They are nice objective grabers and good chaff clearers. They can put out a lot of firepower and are cheap. I usually run 2 squads of 3.

The only time I don't tend to include them is if I run a deathwatch detachment with my Blood Angels.

It all depends on what you're wanting to do. The libby dread is a great HQ for us and a total monster in close combat.

You can make a strong case for Lemartes being a staple unit, corbulo, the Sanguinor, or Astorath now with the points reductions and how he allows DC to ignore morale tests.

It boils down to your play style though.

When you run mephiston, does he smash on his own, or do you keep another hq near him for rerolls?

(Seems like sending mephiston and smash cap at one thing is normally overkill. But wondering if a different Hq is used to partner our chief librarian)

Edited by dice4thedicegod

My must-haves are usually Death Company or Sanguinary Guard. I usually add one of those when I make list. They have good tricks and are really iconic for Blood Angels. Both are effective, but really it's more of a personal preference for me. 

For me the answer to this question changes depending on if you are playing with friends/LGS, or looking to be more competitive. As I have only been playing for less then a year, I am more on the friend/LGS, so my army always have some melee centric unit, so either 10+ Death Company or 6+ Sanguinary Guard. If I run DC, then Lemartes is auto include, especially after the points drop. I always include at least one Pysker, typically Mephiston, some times libby dread.

I have just started using them but they are amazing versus armies like GSC, Orks and Daemonbomb. Currently I’m running three five man squads. They are basically Scouts on crack cocaine.

Where do you find they shine? In the deployment denial? 

They are basically 2W Scouts with 2A base and power armor... the enemy reinforcement denial is the icing on the cake. They are really good in melee (Red Thirst as a great buff) versus a lot of horde units plus have bolters so you’re getting the best from two types of Scout squads.