Lhorke's Projects: Hounds of Abaddon (and now the Heresy!)

The Zone Mortalis tiles take to painting really well, I can definitely tell you that (check my latest post in my WIP thread for what I mean).

As to the consoles: I think the Sector Imperialis objective sets has a console in it, the Necromunda objective set also has some too.

In any case: The models are looking good! :tu:

The Zone Mortalis tiles take to painting really well, I can definitely tell you that (check my latest post in my WIP thread for what I mean).

As to the consoles: I think the Sector Imperialis objective sets has a console in it, the Necromunda objective set also has some too.

In any case: The models are looking good! :thumbsup:

I just checked your thread and the ZM tile looks really good. Nice job! I'll be sure to check out the objective set for the console. Thanks for the tips!

Excellent painting and conversions so far, they turned out really nicely done.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You could check out Kill Team: Rogue Trader for some consoles as well. Also really like your Hounds, they are coming out very nicely.

Thanks, I will check those out. Thank you for the kind words as well.

I am slowly chipping away at my painting backlog, I will post some updates when I am able to grab some decent photos. For now, I have built a pretty bare bones chaos lord for my Hounds of Abaddon. I'm determined to get my money's worth out of all those old berzerker kits I have!

med_gallery_100229_13835_768491.jpg

This is Lord Armus Dygax, a former legionary of the Iron Warriors. He is second to Lord Torgad Canis in this particular warband of the Hounds of Abaddon and is in charge of the heavy weaponry. I am planning on painting some portions of his armor in his old legion's colors.

Edited by Lhorke The First

• 5 weeks later...

Happy New Year everybody. Yesterday I spent some time working on various projects. It was the first hobby time I have had in a while due to having a 2 month-old boy hanging around.

First, the big bad man himself. I still need to finish the base, paint the sword, do some highlights, and touch up a couple of things. I am just waiting on the needed paints.

med_gallery_100229_13835_85573.jpg

Next is a test model. I wanted to try out the turquoise contrast over the leadbelcher spray. I thought it looked rather cool.

med_gallery_100229_13835_1545706.jpg

This is the beginning of a new project. A friend and I have decided to do a Horus Heresy escalation league. He has chosen to build a Night Lords force. The following is my choice.

med_gallery_100229_13835_1321759.jpg

This is my first attempt at hazard stripes, and I am not a talented painter so my free-hand abilities are pretty sub par. The lines are fairly wavy, but overall I though this was an ok start. I am very excited to dive into the Iron Warriors and learn some new painting skills, a new ruleset, and the IV Legion's background. I hope to be able to work on the Ironclad Dread further this weekend.

Edited by Lhorke The First

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first attempt at hazard stripes, and I am not a talented painter so my free-hand abilities are pretty sub par. The lines are fairly wavy, but overall I though this was an ok start. I am very excited to dive into the Iron Warriors and learn some new painting skills, a new ruleset, and the IV Legion's background. I hope to be able to work on the Ironclad Dread further this weekend.

Looking good so far! I've found masking tape to be a huge help when painting hazard stripes on Iron Warriors vehicles. Tamiya make it in a variety of widths (6mm, 10mm and 18mm), and it's simple to cut down into smaller strips if you need more narrow stripes.

Tamiya also make narrower masking tape designed to mask curved lines in 2mm, 3mm, and 5mm. I've no personal experience in using it but will be giving it a try for my next Iron Warriors vehicle.

Nice work!! Abbadon looks great so far!!

Thanks!

Looking good so far! I've found masking tape to be a huge help when painting hazard stripes on Iron Warriors vehicles. Tamiya make it in a variety of widths (6mm, 10mm and 18mm), and it's simple to cut down into smaller strips if you need more narrow stripes.

Tamiya also make narrower masking tape designed to mask curved lines in 2mm, 3mm, and 5mm. I've no personal experience in using it but will be giving it a try for my next Iron Warriors vehicle.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely try the masking tape when I get to painting some tanks for the Iron Warriors in the future.