Primaris proportions

Stercus

Is it possible to use Primaris arms on tactical torsos and vice versa?

I know that the shoulder pads and heads are interchangeable, but I can’t tell if the arms are longer on Primaris models without buying a whole box I don’t really want.

No. Primaris have notably bigger Torsos and Legs.

The arms of Primaris Marines are only slightly longer than non-Primaris, so using Primaris arms on non-Primaris looks weird, but the reverse is not true. See here with my "True-Scale" Deathwatch marines using Deathwatch arms:
hXyTOoj.jpg

G5QdSop.jpg

The arms of Primaris Marines are only slightly longer than non-Primaris, so using Primaris arms on non-Primaris looks weird, but the reverse is not true. See here with my "True-Scale" Deathwatch marines using Deathwatch arms:

hXyTOoj.jpg

Mutha+a_324b78_4542669.jpg

Cheers guys.

I’m hoping to use Primaris arms and weapons to make non-Primaris Primaris guys for kill team. I like the rules but all my armies are set in a time frame well before ol’ Robby G rocked back up, so I’ll have to model them as veteran troopers with custom gear.

The arms of Primaris Marines are only slightly longer than non-Primaris, so using Primaris arms on non-Primaris looks weird, but the reverse is not true. See here with my "True-Scale" Deathwatch marines using Deathwatch arms:hXyTOoj.jpg

G5QdSop.jpg

How did you compensate for the narrower space for the SM arms to fit into the broader PSM.

How did you compensate for the narrower space for the SM arms to fit into the broader PSM.

I didn't. The Deathwatch arms fit nice and snug against the Primaris Marine torsos. All I did was build the arms separately, then glued them onto the body after fully painting everything. In the second image, that Frag Cannon is staying on the Marine's body by pure friction.

Archived