alternative takes on wulfen models

Hey, I just thought I'd start a thread to see how you guys modeled your Wulfen. I'm especially interested in alternatives to the GW-Wulfen because I don't really like them besides their heads (most of the weapons are okay as well, but overall they are just too cartoonish to me). I know some of you used Primaris legs and torsos, but are there other ideas?

I'm actually using the Goliath gangers from Necromunda (they're a bit short for Marines though). Might give them the Deathsworn helmets to go for a more sinister look, I don't know yet...

these are mine I wanted to go for a more feral barbarian look rather than a werewolf look, the conversion is super easy. Take some bloodreavers (I used the EtB ones cause I was getting the starter for the sigmarines) and carve of or cover up all the chaos symbols and use some wolfy bits to make them proper sons of russ. Next replace the axe heads with thunderhammer heads (or do hand swaps if you prefer), put the storm shields on the other side (for most I just cut the blood reaver hands off and put the storm shield on), cut/replace the heads with the wolf heads of your choice, and slap a backpack on the back. You can even make some feral trophy racks for their backs with the bits from the grey hunter boxes.

Edit: I'm going to make some frost axes ones as well and plan to just just the big 2 handed axe from the grey hunter box either with the arms or just cut the hands off

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

Well Primaris are good starting point. You can range from no Wulfen design, just arms, arms+heads, etc. Primaris and Wulfen are similiar dimensions so you can pick and choose.

So you can go on the extreme end like me and have full Primaris bodies but with just the Wulfen weapon.

However other have found ways using the normal SM weapons and alternative bodies, as Marshall Can Trapped did.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I tried posting some (admittedly mediocre) pictures of my WIP wulfen - based on Goliath Gangers - in here, but the forum didn't let me (maybe because I'm rather new around here?). But they are in my gallery, if you want to check them out. Nothing too crazy, and missing a lot of parts (heads, shields)...

Edited by ranulf the revenant

Personally looking for some inspiration as to how to do not-quite Wulfen, as I really hate the oddball legs. The arms and head I can live with; the legs from the knees down, Ye Emperor, WHY!?

Ahem.

Please post some ideas on how to convert the Wulfen models, looking for other options than the wolfed out legs. Ugh, and ugly. At least to me.

Ambit, Marshall van Trapp and Chazzmos, thanks for those examples!

Over the next few weeks I will try to get my ones in the works, if possible.

But I will do

5 Reivers with the Frostaxes

5 Reivers with the Claws

5 Intercessors with the Hammers and Shields

I intend to make the Hammers maybe a little shorter (think Mjolnir, but maybe not AS short) and make the Arm that holds the Shield Extra-Armored (Regular Shoulderpad with a Wulfen Shoulderpad between that and the Stormshield, to secure that gap)

• 2 weeks later...

This is how my turned out.

7CxKs7M.jpg

The weapons are perfectly sized for them. Reiver Poses work well with the Claws, while the stances of Intercessors work well for the Hammers and Shields.

(More pictures here: http://imgur.com/gallery/O8TeM0r )

Now I only have to add a few more small details.

This is how my turned out.

The weapons are perfectly sized for them. Reiver Poses work well with the Claws, while the stances of Intercessors work well for the Hammers and Shields.

(More pictures here: http://imgur.com/gallery/O8TeM0r )

Now I only have to add a few more small details.

I wonder if it is possible to change the claws to something more standard.