Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Unification of Terra

Unification wars

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
———————————————————————————————————————————

: ##############
***Data key entry incorrect, please provide correct key to access archived file***
***Data key entry incorrect, please provide correct key to access archived file***
***Data key entry incorrect, further failed attempts will result in file deletion***
: ###############
***Data key accepted, please confirm security clearance code***
: azure
***Clearance code accepted......accessing data file........***

gallery_87021_15393_108422.jpeg

“Brothers, we have realised unity, for after this day we will have achieved the ambition of our creator. Old earth has been dragged from precipice of destruction, what was once fractured will, after this day, be made whole again. Through blood and sacrifice, amidst the savagery that is our way of war, we have maintained the essence of our humanity. Whether by design or by fate, like humanity, we are destined to taste mortality.”

Last words of Arik Taranis, prelude to the battle of Mount Ararat 978.M29

gallery_87021_15393_342618.jpeg

gallery_87021_15393_384192.jpeg

gallery_87021_15393_197254.jpeg

gallery_87021_15393_821657.jpeg

gallery_87021_15393_621113.jpeg

gallery_87021_15393_202095.jpeg

• Doghouse, Lexington, Trokair and 11 others like this
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
Welcome Frater,

Inspired by INQ28 (although, accepting I may never achieve the heights of quality that INQ28 artists can boast), Ive decided to start a new WIP blog focused on small groups of models. I really enjoy the process of creation, and we have never had such a wealth of plastic and third party kits from which to draw inspiration. The blog will be based around the unification of terra, I hope to explore some of the factions at war during this setting as well as, in time, develop a new rule set, drawing ideas from 3rd, 7th, 8th editions of Warhammer 40,000 and Necromunda.

The first advancement into the setting was my vision of a Thunder Warrior. I have borrowed heavily from others (if you run an image search, you will see what I mean), but I have built upon their ideas, taking concepts a step further, standing on the shoulders of giants.

I decided, early on in the process, that the original “Mk1 thunder armour” design by GW, was perhaps not the intended concept for the Thunder warriors. In the new Primarch novel “Ferrus Manus” one of the characters wears Mk1 power armour, so in my mind, there must be a difference between a space marine in Thunder armour and a Thunder warrior. The short extracts of information we have about thunder warriors point towards a creation that is physically the superior of the Adeptus Astartes, but one that was doomed to the ravages of mortality.

I did not intend this first thunder warrior to be Arik Taranis, but felt that a comment from the most prestigious and renown Thunder Warrior, would be a fitting start to the blog.

I hope you enjoy my work as much as I enjoy creating it! Although, a word of warning, this project will be fairly slow in its progress, I’m a 30K die hard at heart, but between painting ceramite, I will turn my hand to this project.

Cadmus Tyro
  • Sandlemad likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,894 posts

Very nice start and great use of parts. I especially like the use of the chains, it is really top notch stuff overall. :tu:

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Awesome start to your new project! I would definitely love to see more Thunder Warriors and whatever factions you bring pack from the past.
  • Cadmus Tyro likes this

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Feirros

Feirros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

I like it. How'd you do the chains?

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts

Very nice start and great use of parts. I especially like the use of the chains, it is really top notch stuff overall. :tu:

Thanks for the kind words Doghouse!

Awesome start to your new project! I would definitely love to see more Thunder Warriors and whatever factions you bring pack from the past.

Thanks Husrong, I have a few more thunder warriors planned, I also have a reasonable idea for the “Tupulov Lancers”, and will probably, at some point explore “the men of iron”. Watch this space.

I like it. How'd you do the chains?

Thanks Feirros. The chains were made from individual strands of fine brass chain cut to size. First, press a small amount of green stuff at the base of the chains. This gives you the opportunity to reposition the chain, once you have pressed it in place. When you are happy with the position, load some superglue onto an old scalpel blade and run it down the chain. You then have a few seconds to reposition the chain before the glue dries (inevitably some of the links will curl up or attach themselves to the adjacent chains).

Hope that helps?

Cadmus
  • Feirros likes this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Oh yeah! Just keep it coming! I’m super tempted to try and do a Heralds of Ruin kill team of Thunder Warriors. However, I thought about making one and using it as a mutilator with my Alpha Legion. Maybe they captured and kept it on ice or grew one and just let them loose to murder everything. Far out idea but I think it could work.

Now you’ve given me an idea for an obliterator. A man of iron!

Again, please keep it competing so I can borrow some ideas. ;)
  • Cadmus Tyro likes this

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,219 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
That looks great. I’m looking forward to seeing some more.
  • Cadmus Tyro likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Feirros

Feirros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Thanks Feirros. The chains were made from individual strands of fine brass chain cut to size. First, press a small amount of green stuff at the base of the chains. This gives you the opportunity to reposition the chain, once you have pressed it in place. When you are happy with the position, load some superglue onto an old scalpel blade and run it down the chain. You then have a few seconds to reposition the chain before the glue dries (inevitably some of the links will curl up or attach themselves to the adjacent chains).

Hope that helps?

Cadmus

Thanks for the tip. Should be helpful for my Iron Hands once I find the time to work on them. 

Edited by Feirros, 15 April 2019 - 02:14 AM.

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 339 posts

This guy is looking great. Your work never fails to amaze

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Saga of the Lost - Feral Space Wolves Army                                                   All Hail The New Flesh! - Dark Mechanicus Commission Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects                            A Murder of Crows - Shamanic Phobos Kill-team

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army - FINISHED

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,279 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
Never skip leg day
  • Cadmus Tyro likes this

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B(2).pngUntitled-1.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_5192.pnggallery_48988_15151_1303.pnggallery_48988_16045_6601.pngETL_Medal_03.gifL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts

That looks great. I’m looking forward to seeing some more.

Thanks war angel, I’m hoping to start building another soon, but it takes a little while.

This guy is looking great. Your work never fails to amaze

Too kind mate, your terminators are something pretty special!

Never skip leg day

Lol, I need to include that as a thunder warriors journal entry “thought for the day”. Perhaps that’s the real reason why they never achieved more than unification?

I think the Tartarus body lends a degree of bulk to the torso, but, in my minds eye, if I strip away the armour I’m fairly happy with the proportions. I remember a small piece of info (it may have been fan based but I still like the idea) that only the upper torso of the thunder warrior was armoured and powered, this combined with their upper body strength meant they were unequaled in combat at the time. I quite like the unnecessary bulk the torso has, it speaks more about the rudimentary technology that would have been in development.

Thanks for making me laugh though!

Cadmus
  • noigrim likes this

Varyn

Varyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 318 posts

Great work Cadmus, you've combined parts from a wide range of kits and created something that looks better than any of the individual kits.

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unification wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users