+++ Muster of the Unforgiven +++

Grotsmasha

The Inner Circle Presents:gallery_48988_15200_164472.png

The ETL approaches Brothers, and the vaunted First cannot be found lacking.

This thread is to serve as a vehicle of motivation for the Dark Angels ETL effort, use this thread to discuss potential vows and tactics in preparation for the upcoming event. Below you will find a series of Pips that you can add to your signature as a visual representation of where you are up to with your preparations.

First up we have a Scroll and Quill for the PLAN pip, which represents the list building / point planning stage of a Vow.
gallery_48988_15200_4398.png

Next up we have some Clippers for the BUILD pip, which represents the model assembly stage of a Vow.
gallery_48988_15200_4809.png
Then we have some Brushes for the PAINT pip, which represents the priming / base colour stage of a Vow.
gallery_48988_15200_6281.png

and Lastly, we have the MAX VOW pip, which represents the intention of maxing out a Vow.
gallery_48988_15200_6097.png

The ETL will soon be upon us, let us mobilise the Unforgiven Legion.... Edited by Grotsmasha

I already have a champion and ancient. My previous command squad had both and a normal knight.. then came the 8th edition. Champion and ancient became characters and the Knight very lonely. 

I already have a couple of vows planned. One of my goals for the year is finishing the 3rd company. should be around 35 models. Not sure if I can finish all of them within the timeframe of ETL, but I also want to pledge an Imperial Knight. I have a first vow built, which is good cause Localty and Treachery will be a last minute affair.

Hmmm, same conumdrum as last year.  Paint the cheap infantry with large bodycount or go for the points and paint expensive single models.

This what I have on queue so far:

- Knight Crusader(285) w/ Avenger gatling(75), Thermal cannon(76), Heavy stubber(4) & Stormspear missiles(45)
485 points

- Cerastus knight castigator w/ Bolt cannon & Tempest warblade
No points yet

- Primaris Librarian(93) w/ Force Sword(8)
101 points

- Captain(110) w/ Master crafted instigator bolt carbine(6) & Camo cloak(3)
119 points

- Lieutenant(80) w/ master crafted occulus bolt carbine(4) & Grav chute(2)
86 points

- Librarian(100) w/ Force Sword(8) & Camo cloak(3)
111 points

- Infiltrator squad(198) w/ Helix adept(32)
230 points

- Eliminator squad(54) w/ Marksman bolt carbines(0) & Camo cloaks(9)
63 points

- Suppressor squad(54) w/ Accelerator autocannons(45) & Grav chutes(6)
105 points
Edited by GreyRavenC

Well, I think I’ve taken a long enough break from painting bone, and I’m really starting to miss working on my AoA. ETLs the perfect time to get back at these guys! All I have are the primaris from DI I think, so I guess it’s finally time to start working on them

Can anyone explain that whole thing to me?

E Tenebrae Lux is a painting competition between local sub-forums. Each participant vows to paint a number of models before event's end. For example, I'll vow to paint one terminator chaplain, so it's 102 points (IIRC point values from Chapter Approved). Sub-forum with the most total points of completed models wins.

I got a tourney in June... guess what I am waiting for is opening, so I can paint the stuff I need ;)

I already commited to beating my total of 9xx points last year, but since last year saw my Castigator and a Stormraven completed in time, I will have my work cut out. Never the less I need more than 500 painted before the tournament with just two units, and other things need to get done as well, so it should be doable.

E Tenebrae Lux is a painting competition between local sub-forums. Each participant vows to paint a number of models before event's end. For example, I'll vow to paint one terminator chaplain, so it's 102 points (IIRC point values from Chapter Approved). Sub-forum with the most total points of completed models wins.

Thanks!

Does it mean I have to name the models I´m going to paint before the start of that compettion?

Sorry for the questions, but english is not my main language and last year I simply didn´t understand the rules post.

I´m a sucker for this kind of competition. Guess I have to take part.

Thanks!

Does it mean I have to name the models I´m going to paint before the start of that compettion?

Sorry for the questions, but english is not my main language and last year I simply didn´t understand the rules post.

I´m a sucker for this kind of competition. Guess I have to take part.

Yeah, you tell which models you are going to paint and recieve the points if you paint the models you promised. You can do this 5 times. However, if you fail once, ALL your points will be gone. Your faction recieves a penalty on their total as a result. Small vows you can complete are better than large vows that you can't finish.