Hand made modern metallic steel acrylic

I want to tell you abiut a paint I just used that seems to be pretty good and kind of interesting looking.

It's available at Target stores and the brand is called "Hand made modern". I picked up a bottle of it labled "Metallic steel" (presumably to differentiate if from non metallic steel.)

All is all I give this a High rating. It's dirt cheap compared to most miniature paints and works very well once cut with a little water. It covers great but doesn't clog detail even on a necron warriors mouth. I painted one necron warrior with it and the results were good.

The color is a little odd. It's a darker color, not silver. It's mire dark, almost like maybe fresh cut lead before the surface oxidizes. It seems to have a very faint, very subtle deep blue or indigo tint to it, or I might be imagining it, itcs quite subtle.

For darker metals this stuff could be a winner. It's quite glossy I admit, but the color isn't quite like any other metallic I can name, the apparent indigo tint makes it stand out.

I really recommend this stuff for necrons and maybe iron warriors and the like. Have a look at it yourself.

https://www.target.com/p/hand-made-modern-2oz-metallic-acrylic-paint/-/A-17355798?preselect=16748297#lnk=sametab

Archived