A Gift for my White Scars Brothers

Hail Sons of the Khagan

Even though I am completely loyal to the XIII Legion and Ultramarine Chapter ( they are BLUE you know:wink:) I have always had a great admiration for Jaghatai Khan and the White Scars.

A few days ago a friend of mine introduced me to a Mongolian metal band called The HU. My first impression was that if the White Scars sang in battle this is what it would sound like.

To that end I present a humble gift of brotherhood:

I hope you enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that song came up in my work playlist suggestions, I was like What is THIS!?

I'm sure I never would have known about it had not a friend shared it.  Did you like it?

Well it hasn't been a thing for very long. There are some extremely few others who tried something similar but none of them did it as well as The Hu. ^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Suitably impressed here, had no idea “Mongolian metal” was a thing?!

Well it hasn't been a thing for very long. There are some extremely few others who tried something similar but none of them did it as well as The Hu. ^^

Mongol power metal eh?

Think of it like this:

Any nation that has a music scene, probably has their own metal bands. We just don't hear about them because Metal, as a genre, tends to not be really super mass-marketable unless its specific types, and even then, it's usually less marketable than rock or pop.

That being said, Mongolian is a language that I honestly feel lends itself to metal very well to non-speaker's ears, much like German or Japanese.

Edited by Gederas

Suitably impressed here, had no idea “Mongolian metal” was a thing?!

Mongol power metal eh?

Think of it like this:

Any nation that has a music scene, probably has their own metal bands. We just don't hear about them because Metal, as a genre, tends to not be really super mass-marketable unless its specific types, and even then, it's usually less marketable than rock or pop.

That being said, Mongolian is a language that I honestly feel lends itself to metal very well to non-speaker's ears, much like German or Japanese.

There's a difference between a nation having a music/metal scene and a metal band heavily inspired by some really old and traditional way of singing. ^^