Necron wraith armor panels.

This guy did a neat conversion involving cutting apart necron wraith armor panels neatly.

https://youtu.be/ly7iTtJnQFo?fbclid=IwAR1eWS8AZPNR2WQsAw7KhgxOA73Oneyi7QXkojyt4iKeS2IayazB7HKR5iM

I'd like to do this and could use some tips on his to cut the armor panels apart neatly. This guy used a jewelers saw which I don't have and have no experience with.

I was thinking of repeated scoring with a reversed xacto knife blade until they plates can be separated neatly. Anyone have any ideas here?

This guy did a neat conversion involving cutting apart necron wraith armor panels neatly.

I'd like to do this and could use some tips on his to cut the armor panels apart neatly. This guy used a jewelers saw which I don't have and have no experience with.

I was thinking of repeated scoring with a reversed xacto knife blade until they plates can be separated neatly. Anyone have any ideas here?

Any reason why you wouldn’t pick one up and learn it? Seems like a great opportunity to flex the hobby muscles. There’s always a right tool for the job and jewelers or razor saws are really great ones.

Jewelers saws are fairly cheap ($15ish) here in the US. I picked one up at Micheals that came with 30? blades. I think I've broken 2 or 3 in a year or so. They are a must have for coversions.

They're also known as piercing saws, so you can search for that too. You should be able to pick one up with a selection of blades fairly easily and cheaply; a basic one is like £5 in the UK. They use a thinner blade than a junior hacksaw so it does substantially finer cuts. The blades can break given they're so thin, but many jewelers saws are designed to be adjustable so you can carry on using the shorter blade!

The other alternative is a dremel equivalent, but they are significantly more expensive and the spin speed tends to be too high to use with plastic easily without melting or deforming it.

For conversions and cleaning up resin models (the chunky gates) a jewelers saw is pretty much an essential tool. To hold the thing you're cutting, you have two options. The simplest is a hobby vice of some sort, again they're pretty cheap (around £15) which clamps to a table/desk and has padded jaws to hold the model, though you can also use a full sized bench vice if you have access to one and some foam padding to pad the jaws. Cut parallel to the vice, so you don't cut down into it!

The other option is known as a v-board. Take a piece of scrap wood and clamp to a bench/desk with a c-clamp. You can now cut a v-shape in the end of the wood sticking out, using the jewelers saw. Hold the model over the v space with one hand, and you can use the jewelers saw with the blade vertical through the V to cut. Here's a video of the v-board technique, and is a decent introduction to jewelers saws overall.

Archived