Meganobs loadout?

Magos Takatus

Hi, I've been collecting Orks for some time but I am only recently been able to add a unit of Meganobs to my collection. My question is whether the Killsaw loadout or the Power Klaws are generally more effective/reliable? From the way I understand it the unit is probably better off getting into assault range with the Killsaws, but I imagine the combi-skorcha could be useful to deter enemy charges or still provide some use if they fail a charge. What are your experiences with Meganobs? Has one loadout stood out above the others?

I'm not a fan of either of the Kombi-weapons purely on the basis of the cost. My problem with the skorcha is how rarely you'd actually use it. You're probably using Da Jump or Tellyporta to get the mega-nobz in, in which case the skorcha can't shoot, and once in CC, you may never get the chance to use it against chargers. For the cost, I just don't think the flexibility is worth it.

As for Saws vs. Klaws, I do like Kustom Shootas, as they provide a non-negligible amount of shots, and the model is 8 points cheaper. If you want small units (3-5) for opening harder targets, I'd go killsaws. Big units (10, or mob up to 20), I think I'd go 5 PK and 5 Killsaw.

I have a mix in my collection. I kept reading that kill saws were the way prior to the codex but most of mins are old metal models I prefer kombi skorchas over Rokkits but more so the kombi shoota for the cost. Mostly depends on what I want them to do during a game. 
The last few I was working on all got Kombi Skorchas. I think that puts me up to 6 which were going to be mounted in a trukk.

I like the double saws even if I don't actually think they're worth the price premium over the cheapo option. S10 AP-4 D2 is just so good against tanks and elite models without invulns, so if you ever get them into CC against that then even a mid-sized unit is a premium candidate for "Get stuck in ladz". 

The problem, of course, is getting them there. I perrsonally hope the the FAQ fixes some wargear costs for Orks. A powerfist is 8 points for IG, 9 for SM since they're better in CC, meaning they should be 10 for Orks IMO (powerklaw is identical in weapon stats). Same thing with killsaws, the SM equivalent (chainfist) is 11 points, make it 12 for Orks and 18 for the pair, since a lot of double weapons are 50% off on the second one. 

That'd drop normal meganobz to 32 points and the double saw kind to 38. Considering they're T4, M4" and lack an invuln that seems pretty fair to me. But I also expect Orks in general to get a nerf on "Mob up" so that stratagem only applies to boyz, which is entirely fair IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. I already had the skorchas glued onto the shootas so it's either that or the Killsaws. I think I'll just bite the bullet and paint up both sets of arms. Since the arms plug into place fairly reliably I won't even have to use magnets. I'll have to get the Ork Codex to see what they have done to the Battlewagon unit entry now as they will be back on the painting table sometime after the Meganobs.