GT Win

CrystalSeer

Can we try to avoid nitpicking about who is right or wrong?

Let's just enjoy the moment this list has had and not detract from it too much. I mean any winner in today's 40K is going to have some element of luck, match ups, and a darn good player behind the dice. I for one wouldn't even have the brass to actually take that list to a GT with any level of expectation. 

I'm still scratching my head on how you hide that much infantry at a tournament. I think the last Ynnari flyer list I faced would have melted it, and those are popular lists right now thanks to LVO. It's a heck of a win to be sure. 

Good for him. I can see why it worked, especially with terrain. Having said that, I want to say ".....do it again." haha. See it in another tournament with different matchups. Didn't he mostly play against knights?

I listened to most of it on the way to work. He plans on continuing to use it in the near future and will be interesting to see if he can keep momentum or if it was a fluke.

I think he said he fought Ad Mech, Custodes, 2 Knights lists and Yannari though mentioned a couple potential match ups that did not happen would have smoked him.

Terrain was a def factor as his Rubrics were mainly denial units hidden in los blocking terrain camping on objectives.

Says he really did it for fun and trolling and got a pleasant outcome. Talk about Rubric Shaming!

Plan on listening to the rest on the way home.

Edited by Skerr

@Raven1 What "new anti-character GSC/Space Marine models/rules" are you talking about

Primaries have new snipers and I believe and psyker power mind raid. I know GSC have the kelermorph too that can drop within like 3" and can be pretty devastating. The GSC Sanctus has a special sniper rifle that causes perils to psyker with any unsaved wound.

Not to be contentious, I think this is one of only the handful of lists that may show up and win "any given Sunday," for mono-faction 1kS.

Pumped it shows it can.

Sad that there is little variety that can pull the same off mono. You can blame that on balance issues or lack of variety, but 1kS can and will win tournaments.

No. That is not in prosperian nature. One win is not enough. Tzeentch demands more. He always demands more....

Tzeentch engineered a decade of bad rules to enable successive buffs to Rubrics that brought us to this point.

I'm genuinely intrigued by this army. I really love that it is Rubric focussed unlike a lot of the other 'menagerie' lists I've seen. Though I could never paint 60 Tzaangors. The 10 I have almost killed me. I'd probably go with normal beastman gors, much less detail.

Edited by Xenith

• 3 weeks later...

The argument is that since Daemon princes are all the same datasheet now, then you can take options from the index, such as the warp bolters. I think it's cheezy, but if the tournament organizers okay it, then that's the final word...

Confused, so I figured I'd check in and ask (a bit late, I know)....was he using Index Daemon Princes as opposed to Daemon Princes of Tzeentch? If not, the list is illegal because the latter can't have Warp Bolters. If the former, it's fine, but a bit of an odd choice.

To my knowledge ITC tournaments for the most part allow index options, and I saw this on BoLS written off from Best Coast Pairings, who watch american tournaments, which are in majority ITC tournaments.

He gets my applause for winning a GT with not just rubrics, but a lot of them. If his matchups have been fortunate, I shall not be able to say, but winning a GT with spamming a unit that is broadly considered subpar competitively is an achievement.

I listened to the podcast and he's planning on playing it out a few more times at least. From what I can tell he's not changing much if anything and plans to see how far this can go.

I can sense from his interview he's well versed in the meta. He understands his matchups well, meaning he's got the groundwork laid down for what to do in the event of facing this opponent or that opponent. Or something out of left field like a Culexus. 

I want him to do well, but... I have a bad feeling about this. 

Well honestly, it sounds like the matchups he did have were decent to good as far as sons go. Likely a different story and outcome if the matchups were varied. Not discounting the wins, good and all, but I would like to have seen a different set of matchups. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't imagine armor...or really anything at all honestly.... would be much of an issue for this list. 

Its putting out 16 mortal wounds on a statistical average not including flubbed or spiked rolls. + shooting + Goats + any other direct damage mortal spells....

Very interesting list, nice to know we have some power in our back pocket for those... WAAC players.... or more "competitive" environments. 

To underline that this might not just have been the luck of the draw, a very similar list won recently at another well sized tournament (80 players I think it was). Basically it was also 7 MSU  rubric squads with some tzaangors/cultists in 3 battalions, Ahriman, DP's and so on. It's at least quite unlikely to just have been good matchups when repeated.

Yea I know the feeling. I have so many goats to do I just put the whole painting Thousand Sons things off. It's really defeating, but I can't imagine using those new paints, but I imagine they would make such a job more manageable but I'm getting a bit off topic here.

I saw the guy won a second event. I'm not sure the match ups for that tournie though.