Shadowspear Ultramarines

Prot

I’ve got a game lined up today where I will be testing the new Shadowspear stuff with my Ultramarines. I’m wondering if there’s any game experience feedback from you guys on the new units and powers yet? Any generic advice?

I've played only one game with the Shadowspear stuff so far (and not as Ultramarine obviously) but my experience so far is ... don't expect Infiltrators or Eliminators do any damage against something that's not chaff. They already struggle against something like Firewarriors/Skitarii. The Vanguard Librarian with the 5th and 6th powers is awesome though and Suppressors are decent for their price but struggle if it's just a single unit of 3.

No clue about the Captain and Lieutenant but I found them so underwhelming on paper that I didn't even bother testing them (plus if I headswap the Lieutenant like I do with all my models he looks pretty much exactly like a regular Phobos Marine so it's not even a great model ...).

Prot I really am liking the Infiltrators. My current army has two veteran Intercessor squads and three Infiltrator squads (all five man)... can't say enough about them. I will definitely run some Eliminators as soon as you can take more than three.... same with Surpressors too .

Vanguard Librarian is the MVP.

Tenebreus Curse and Mind War are gold, and can be used for character sniping.

Infiltrators are expensive.

Suppressors are the bane of lite vehicles.

I give the Cpt. the +1 to hit ability, park him by Hellblasters and do some work.

The Lt. has not been so great for me.

Eliminators are probably getting dropped, 3 games 1 hard character down.

I have used the Infiltrators in a small game. Two units of 5.

They perform as you'd expect. I found them a lot more durable than Scouts and the aura is definitely good although it was of limited use in the game I had.

In terms of resilience they don't feel over-costed but they definitely do in terms of output. I think their deployment ability is fantastic (as is that of Scouts) and if they costed just a little less they'd be a top, top unit.

I've not used the Eliminators as currently I'm loving the Vindicare assassin. I'm hoping that when the full release comes along we'll be able to take them as a bigger unit. I feel that 5 or 6 of them as a single unit, in combination with the psychic power that keeps them from being targeted and a few auras to boost then would make them very effective.

Edited by Ishagu

primaris-repulsor.jpg?w=1024

Had the game with all the new units with my typical Indomnitus army list. Almost got hammered pretty badly but held on for a very tight (undeserved) win.

Really like some of the new units, but they feel a little overcosted right now. Some good strategies can come from these units though. :)