I like the textured weathering on the metal, and the snow bases look really true-to-life. Keep it up!

Thanks. Wasn't sure if snow was the right choice or not. Glad you like it.

Cheers

Primarch83

Edited by Primarch83

Glad I stumbled across this! Your chaplain looks excellent; the red bone gives it a truly terrifying quality.

THe color scheme is a little different than I would have expected for the Doom Eagles, but the difference is enjoyable and helps set them apart from other Doom Eagle armies I've seen on the web.

I would deffo keep your buddy around, he did an excellent job on the freehand! He is someone to learn from, you may be able to replicate his results someday.

Excellent work on the Ancient and his standard.

Thanks brother :)

Glad I stumbled across this! Your chaplain looks excellent; the red bone gives it a truly terrifying quality.

THe color scheme is a little different than I would have expected for the Doom Eagles, but the difference is enjoyable and helps set them apart from other Doom Eagle armies I've seen on the web.

I would deffo keep your buddy around, he did an excellent job on the freehand! He is someone to learn from, you may be able to replicate his results someday.

Happy you like color scheme brother.

I had bounced back and forth in my head to do the chaplain in bone or reds and settled with red. Which came out cool looking I think.

When I started test painting the chapter I did a brighter metallic with less red and didn't like it at all. So went with darker metallics and more red then I've seen in pics. Which im satisfied with so far. I keep slowly changing the paint scheme as I go and they may get lighter in color.

The ancient is my favorite model in the force besides the Astraeus which I haven't put up yet because I'm changing a few things. It was the 3rd model I painted for the army, which was a mistake lol.

Need to convince my friend to do more freehand for me like on my battlefoam bag or large vehicle. I will be learning from him as you suggested so I can freehand a banner myself one day.

Speaking of the astraeus here she is. Changing the grab bars gold and brightening up the silver. Decal change on the roman 2 to a gothic one. Hopefully do that tonight

gallery_32248_15392_262855.jpeg

gallery_32248_15392_299397.jpeg

gallery_32248_15392_466140.jpeg

gallery_32248_15392_37596.jpeg

Cheers Primarch83

Excellent work on the Aggressors.

The Primaris CAPT looks promising; his cape is well done. Is the Doom Eagles Chapter symbol on his cape a decal, or did you paint it freehand?

Thanks Firewalker. Its a decal, wish I could freehand that well.

Going to a 2000pt tourney tomorrow. Will put up pics and outcome of games.

Gravis Cap finished to lead the 2nd company tomorrow

gallery_32248_15392_470484.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_354412.jpg

Cheers Primarch83

Salute brothers. This weekend I attended a 2000pt tourney at my local store and have pics of it. I ended up winning best painted but lost my games lol. They were enjoyable anyway.

gallery_32248_15392_619695.jpg

First game against eldar was bad for me. His list was good and he kicked my teeth in.

gallery_32248_15392_92298.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_169848.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_186736.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_417223.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_142811.jpg

2nd game was against Blood Angels and was a very close game. I killed Mepishton, Eversor assassin,termie libby, libby dread, thunderhammer stormshield termies all in close combat. His landraider died to overwatch from the Repulsor, 9 wounds caused. It was an awesome game and I could have won if I played the objectives.

gallery_32248_15392_337855.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_507804.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_454331.jpggallery_32248_15392_437335.jpg

Unfortunately the 3rd game didn't happen as my opponent left.

What I learned was that the Indomitus crusade detachment is good. The intercessor squads were made vets which gave them 2 stratagems that my opponents were not ready for. The increase in stats helped with CC and a powerfist. Obviously Caps and LTs are fantastic with rerolls. The Repulsor was a beast in the 2nd game and its firepower was crazy

Got a 2nd one which will be for the ETL and i need to assemble 20 more intercessors.

Assembling models for the Vll ETL which gives me a painting break until then.

Hope your weekends went well brothers and cousins.

Cheers Primarch83

Edited by Primarch83

Yep veteran primaris are the best tacticals, you can give them also an extra chapter trait for a turn with a strat

I had the Greyshield trait and dropped it for more CP but I should have stuck with it. Next game I'll run it.

Cheers Primarch83

Your opponents had surprisingly well painted armies, at least based on my tournament experience, so you can be proud of winning best painted. When I enter a tournament that's usually the prize I covet most anyway. Your display board is really something too.

Thank you for the compliment. There were a few well painted armies, I was worried when the eldar player set his army out. Its an awesomely painted army.

The display board is one I made for a friend a year back and I asked him if I could use it for the tourney. Going to buy it from him or something and work on it.

Also here is two videos by the GrimDark narrator on the Doom Eagles. He used my models again for the vids. That makes 4 videos now.

That finishes off his vids on Doom Eagles.

Working on assembling a ton of models for the ETL so only have one intercessor squad to paint and put up pics. Everything else is saved for ETL goodness.

Here is a WIP of Gravis captain. Maybe even chapter master Hearon after primaris upgrade. Waiting on forgeworld phalanx warders bare head to come in the mail. gallery_32248_15392_5636.jpg

Hope you all have a good weekend

Cheers Primarch83

Edited by Primarch83

Finished another squad of intercessors. From now on everything is for the ETL. Hellblasters, reviers, few hqs, repulsor, inceptors, Commander Hearon, spartan landraider, assault marines, stormraven, scouts, land speeders, tartaros termies and maybe some other stuff.

Debating on changing the snow bases up. Be some work to change everything, not sure it's worth it.

gallery_32248_15392_388774.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_447738.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_169579.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_304194.jpg

Cheers Primarch83

Once more, excellent work on your Doom Eagles:thumbsup:

For what it's worth, I think your snow bases really bring out the details in your Marines. I suggest simply detailing the bases a little by dirtying up the snow a bit and adding a few (very few) battle bitz.

Looking forward to more Doom Eagle goodness:yes:

Once more, excellent work on your Doom Eagles:tu:

For what it's worth, I think your snow bases really bring out the details in your Marines. I suggest simply detailing the bases a little by dirtying up the snow a bit and adding a few (very few) battle bitz.

Looking forward to more Doom Eagle goodness:yes:

Thats a good idea. I'll add some mud and what not. Also have tree stumps from Secret Weapon minis I should add to some bases. A lot more to be painted!

Thanks for that advice brother.

Very nice conversions indeed. Love the decal on the Cape.

What did you use to do the gatling guns on your agressors?

Thanks. Converting a tiny amount so the primaris don't get boring.

The decal was an easy choice since I'm terrible at freehand.

The gattling guns are from shapeways, a friend bought them and didn't want them.

Cheers Primarch83

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Calgar conversion there. Subtle, but nicely assimilated. Been following for a bit, and you have not failed to impress. Nice work!

Thank you brother. Sorry for the late reply

Working on assembling and priming ETL stuff to vow soon but I painted a Mantis Warriors Primaris just because

gallery_32248_15392_249657.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_497727.jpg

ETL goodies up tomorrow and then its late night painting to get it all done. Have a spartan to assemble :)

Cheers Primarch83