Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doom Eagles 2nd Company

Doom Eagles Primaris Space marine Wip Snow bases Successor

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,340 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Nice work..... I like Mantis Warriors toothumbsup.gif

• Primarch83 likes this

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

Primarch83

Primarch83

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
  • Faction: Doom Eagles

Nice work..... I like Mantis Warriors too:tu:

Thank you brother. I've been painting Doom Eagles and Raven Guard to much lately so I painted a few different chapter intercessors up
gallery_32248_15392_208317.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_51721.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_262679.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_90893.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_552320.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_464471.jpg
Might paint a Nova Marine tonight but I really should stop goofing off and get to the ETL...

Cheers Primarch83
  • mithrilforge, Grotsmasha and Vykes like this
gallery_32248_15392_41715.png
"Before seeking victory, first make yourself invulnerable to defeat." Primarch Corax

"We face greenskin invasion rimward, Eldar raiding coreward, rebellion trailing and the tendrils of a Hive Fleet incoming spinward. Situation excellent, attacking on all fronts..." Captain Ferdina Tigers Argent Chapter

Doom Eagles 2nd Company "Woe Betide!"
http://www.bolterand...es-2nd-company/

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,275 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent painting, weathering, and base decorations.
  • Primarch83 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Primarch83

Primarch83

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
First ETL model done. Made him brighter then the rest of my Eagles since he is the chapter master.... but I think I like this better for the rest of army lol
Commander Hearon Chapter master of the Doom Eagles (Gravis Captain)
gallery_32248_15392_220012.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_164194.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_438814.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_139710.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_329754.jpg
Cheers Primarch83
  • Mortarion, Brother Clavero, mithrilforge and 8 others like this
"Before seeking victory, first make yourself invulnerable to defeat." Primarch Corax

"We face greenskin invasion rimward, Eldar raiding coreward, rebellion trailing and the tendrils of a Hive Fleet incoming spinward. Situation excellent, attacking on all fronts..." Captain Ferdina Tigers Argent Chapter

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,275 posts
Excellent work. The damaged helmet at his feet, and the blood flowing down his face, are good touches.
  • Primarch83 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 357 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Great job on Hearon! I prefer your darker scheme personally, but the new one works like a charm.

• Primarch83 likes this

gallery_108437_14773_3713.pnggallery_108437_14773_13969.png

Mortarion

Mortarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts

Really cool conversion.

• Primarch83 likes this

Primarch83

Primarch83

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Next up for ETL Reviers, Phobos lt, Repulsor
gallery_32248_15392_28566.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_253067.jpg
gallery_32248_15392_47274.jpg
  • mithrilforge and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,275 posts
Excellent works. I especially like the Repulsor.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,557 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

oh dear i think i spent all my likes on your stuff laugh.png

i really like your realistic weathering on your troops! very nice to scroll through the whole topic, thanks for posting so much goodness!! cool.png

the red works really well with your metals and the bases contrast nicely too.

A very well done army, i'd be happy playing opposite this army any day wub.gif

i'm glad i'm not the only one that loves metal marines...

med_gallery_9146_2675_244808.jpg

cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge, 10 June 2019 - 01:21 AM.

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Primarch83

Primarch83

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Been a few months since my last post and that is because my Doom Eagles and entire hobby collection was taken right after my bday back in june.. sooooo i haven't done anything for a few months in the hobby. But now I'm thinking about starting a new chapter up from the beginning.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any ideas brothers

Cheers Primarch83

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
"was taken"? Stolen?? 😧?

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Primarch83

Primarch83

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Unfortunately yes. Sorry for my misuse of wording

Cheers Primarch83

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Oh man, that's shocking. Sorry for your loss.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,058 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
Where did they get stolen from?

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,340 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

That is terrible news. I am so sorry that happened to you. Did you report the theft..... that's substantial money and time (not to mention emotion) you've put into this project, so if you haven't reported the theft, please do so. 

For a new project, how about a DIY chapterhappy.png

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

Custom Hero

Custom Hero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 458 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Lydda
The new Space Marine codex is ripe with chances on several named chapters as well as the opportunity to make own of your own devising.

I’d love to see what you can do with a Do It Yourself army! I think it would be well worth the effort. Is there any particular theme that you’re interested in?

Edited by Custom Hero, 25 August 2019 - 02:50 AM.

Primarch83

Primarch83

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts

Where did they get stolen from?

From my home while I was across state for my birthday. Great bday gift right lol.

That is terrible news. I am so sorry that happened to you. Did you report the theft..... that's substantial money and time (not to mention emotion) you've put into this project, so if you haven't reported the theft, please do so. 

For a new project, how about a DIY chapter^_^

Thank you for that brother
I did report it. Nothing came from it but it was in june and I've gotten over the anger and disappointment of it all.
DIY sounds like a good idea or Emperor's Spears cause my buddy plays and wants me to join in on the chapter.

The new Space Marine codex is ripe with chances on several named chapters as well as the opportunity to make own of your own devising.
I’d love to see what you can do with a Do It Yourself army! I think it would be well worth the effort. Is there any particular theme that you’re interested in?

I have been sitting on a Raven Guard successor called Shadow Scorpions or Dusk Ravens. Grey armour similar to Carcharodons with a good accent color. Also liked the idea of a chapter with a bear as a symbol. Ghost Bears or something like in Battletech

Cheers Primarch83

Custom Hero

Custom Hero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 458 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Lydda
I loved what you did with the Doom Eagles. There was a lot of character in those models! To that end, I would absolutely love to see what you did with something that was completely your own and didn’t tether you to an esthetic. The Ghost Bear idea is a pretty good one . The Ursus Exspiravit (Ghost Bears in Latin) has a nice ring to it. If you were planning to keep with the battletech color scheme, with your talents, these guys could look pretty awesome and brutal!

I took the liberty of looking up some icons on the bear theme. Pop Goes the Weasel has these on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeway...tionId=69394287

https://www.shapeway...tionId=64879137

https://www.shapeway...tionId=70210083

https://www.shapeway...tionId=69423732

Let me know if I can help in any way!
  • Primarch83 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doom Eagles, Primaris, Space marine, Wip, Snow bases, Successor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users