Nice work..... I like Mantis Warriors too:tu:

Thank you brother. I've been painting Doom Eagles and Raven Guard to much lately so I painted a few different chapter intercessors up

gallery_32248_15392_208317.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_51721.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_262679.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_90893.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_552320.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_464471.jpg

Might paint a Nova Marine tonight but I really should stop goofing off and get to the ETL...

Cheers Primarch83

First ETL model done. Made him brighter then the rest of my Eagles since he is the chapter master.... but I think I like this better for the rest of army lol

Commander Hearon Chapter master of the Doom Eagles (Gravis Captain)

gallery_32248_15392_220012.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_164194.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_438814.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_139710.jpg

gallery_32248_15392_329754.jpg

Cheers Primarch83

oh dear i think i spent all my likes on your stuff :laugh.:

i really like your realistic weathering on your troops! very nice to scroll through the whole topic, thanks for posting so much goodness!! :cool.:

the red works really well with your metals and the bases contrast nicely too.

A very well done army, i'd be happy playing opposite this army any day :wub:

i'm glad i'm not the only one that loves metal marines...

med_gallery_9146_2675_244808.jpg

cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

• 2 months later...

Been a few months since my last post and that is because my Doom Eagles and entire hobby collection was taken right after my bday back in june.. sooooo i haven't done anything for a few months in the hobby. But now I'm thinking about starting a new chapter up from the beginning.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any ideas brothers

Cheers Primarch83

That is terrible news. I am so sorry that happened to you. Did you report the theft..... that's substantial money and time (not to mention emotion) you've put into this project, so if you haven't reported the theft, please do so. 

For a new project, how about a DIY chapter:happy.:

The new Space Marine codex is ripe with chances on several named chapters as well as the opportunity to make own of your own devising.

I’d love to see what you can do with a Do It Yourself army! I think it would be well worth the effort. Is there any particular theme that you’re interested in?

Edited by Custom Hero

Where did they get stolen from?

From my home while I was across state for my birthday. Great bday gift right lol.

That is terrible news. I am so sorry that happened to you. Did you report the theft..... that's substantial money and time (not to mention emotion) you've put into this project, so if you haven't reported the theft, please do so. 

For a new project, how about a DIY chapter^_^

Thank you for that brother

I did report it. Nothing came from it but it was in june and I've gotten over the anger and disappointment of it all.

DIY sounds like a good idea or Emperor's Spears cause my buddy plays and wants me to join in on the chapter.

The new Space Marine codex is ripe with chances on several named chapters as well as the opportunity to make own of your own devising.

I’d love to see what you can do with a Do It Yourself army! I think it would be well worth the effort. Is there any particular theme that you’re interested in?

I have been sitting on a Raven Guard successor called Shadow Scorpions or Dusk Ravens. Grey armour similar to Carcharodons with a good accent color. Also liked the idea of a chapter with a bear as a symbol. Ghost Bears or something like in Battletech

Cheers Primarch83

• 2 weeks later...

I loved what you did with the Doom Eagles. There was a lot of character in those models! To that end, I would absolutely love to see what you did with something that was completely your own and didn’t tether you to an esthetic. The Ghost Bear idea is a pretty good one . The Ursus Exspiravit (Ghost Bears in Latin) has a nice ring to it. If you were planning to keep with the battletech color scheme, with your talents, these guys could look pretty awesome and brutal!

I took the liberty of looking up some icons on the bear theme. Pop Goes the Weasel has these on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/FMJTM2XXT/60x-bear-face-shoulder-insignia-pack?optionId=69394287

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SYTTV9V26/60x-ursa-magna-shoulder-insignia-pack?optionId=64879137

https://www.shapeways.com/product/W5QSQML49/10x-bear-face-g-7a-shoulder-pads?optionId=70210083

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3JEM22U9N/bear-face-flat-vehicle-insignia-pack?optionId=69423732

Let me know if I can help in any way!

• 5 months later...

I know I'm months late to the party, but your Eagles were stunning, brother. I'm sorry for the loss of your army, but as is the creed of the chapter: "We are Doom Eagles. And we are dead already." I can only assume you learned much during your time painting them, so let them always be in your memory! They will definitely be in mine as I begin my own company of our dour brethren.

Edited by Brother Scorpirus

I know I'm months late to the party, but your Eagles were stunning, brother. I'm sorry for the loss of your army, but as is the creed of the chapter: "We are Doom Eagles. And we are dead already." I can only assume you learned much during your time painting them, so let them always be in your memory! They will definitely be in mine as I begin my own company of our dour brethren.

Thank you brother. I plan on starting another project(not sure which chapter yet) as soon as tax money comes. Took plenty of time off painting feeling "dour", time to get back on the horse. Good luck with your Doom Eagles. Can't wait to see them.

Thanks DeathHowl, I enjoyed the snow scheme and will probably go forest this next time. Tons of leaf litter and tree stumps sorta thing.

Cheers

Primarch 83