Thank, you, Brother.

Ah you know, someone has to fight for the carcass.. ;) *looks around for the incoming Custodes*

I am, kind of, in the same situation. My old gaming buddies lives 500km away. And I will return there in about 2 years time, but in the meantime, I have no one to play with. I see it as a good time to build up some stuff but it would be nice with some 30k now and then, ah well.

I am glad you can enjoy the stuff in 8th Ed though! I have very little clue about the Knights, maybe I should have a look?

And I do look forward to your progress on Ferrus Manus!

Thank, you, Brother.

Ah you know, someone has to fight for the carcass.. :wink: *looks around for the incoming Custodes*

I am, kind of, in the same situation. My old gaming buddies lives 500km away. And I will return there in about 2 years time, but in the meantime, I have no one to play with. I see it as a good time to build up some stuff but it would be nice with some 30k now and then, ah well.

I am glad you can enjoy the stuff in 8th Ed though! I have very little clue about the Knights, maybe I should have a look?

And I do look forward to your progress on Ferrus Manus!

Well, if you're on the way to Prospero, I gladly accompany you. Even with those golden boys around :wink:

Yepp, I live in a country area, not many players here, and they are more interested in 40k, or something else, what comes on their mind rather than fight the last crusade that really mattered in the galaxy :biggrin.: Honestly I didn't played 8th edition, I had only one or two games at it's start. My Imperial Knights are just a "showcase" force, a love project - just like nearly everything that I do. I will gladly show them to this community. If I will have better light conditions I will take some pictures, and post them in the right topic! 

Right now, I'm toying with the idea to start a 40k army, that isn't stompy robots... :teehee: But who knows, I might start a third force of heresy marines:wub:  But I have still toooooo many unpainted things here around the house.

Yeah I plan to purge those fiddling with forbidden things.. ;Just need to make the Greatt Company for it first! lol

But tag along, why don´t you.. I have heard from the future that the Thousand Sons will still be pissed, in 10.000 years.. Damn, get over it already.. Didn´t they get a new planet and all..?

:wink:

Ah ok. Well, same here really. I started out loving playing and building as much - painting less so. But these days the building, converting and hell, even painting, is what I enjoy. And then the occassional fluffy game with like minded. I still have a few old friends I can have fun games with over a beer or two while we laugh at old games in ages past.. The termagant that tanked two twin-linked lascannons in 2nd Ed and all wound rolls were 1s.. "Fabbe" the Obliterator in 3rd Ed that was killed in close combat by a grot.. Not the GrotS, A grot.. ;) Alone..

Sometimes feel a bit weird only building and painting many models, rarelt playing. But right now I am kinda fine with it.. I used to play hard - but fair (not against fluff but I played 2nd Ed Space Wolves which were pretty brutal.. But I never took stupid things like only Wolf Guard with ass-cannons and cyclones..I played tought Grey Hunters and Blod Claws kitted for dealing with the bad guys..)

I got carried away in your thread.. Sorry.:blush.:

No need to rush any pics for me, I´ll be here when you have anything to show.

Yeah I plan to purge those fiddling with forbidden things.. ;Just need to make the Greatt Company for it first! lol

But tag along, why don´t you.. I have heard from the future that the Thousand Sons will still be pissed, in 10.000 years.. Damn, get over it already.. Didn´t they get a new planet and all..?

:wink:

Ah ok. Well, same here really. I started out loving playing and building as much - painting less so. But these days the building, converting and hell, even painting, is what I enjoy. And then the occassional fluffy game with like minded. I still have a few old friends I can have fun games with over a beer or two while we laugh at old games in ages past.. The termagant that tanked two twin-linked lascannons in 2nd Ed and all wound rolls were 1s.. "Fabbe" the Obliterator in 3rd Ed that was killed in close combat by a grot.. Not the GrotS, A grot.. :wink: Alone..

Sometimes feel a bit weird only building and painting many models, rarelt playing. But right now I am kinda fine with it.. I used to play hard - but fair (not against fluff but I played 2nd Ed Space Wolves which were pretty brutal.. But I never took stupid things like only Wolf Guard with ass-cannons and cyclones..I played tought Grey Hunters and Blod Claws kitted for dealing with the bad guys..)

I got carried away in your thread.. Sorry.:blush.:

No need to rush any pics for me, I´ll be here when you have anything to show.

Good old days... I joined the hobby at the end of 4th edition, played mostly in 5th. I had so much fun with my IG army!!! And then I went with Space Wolves too when the new Codex came, with those really nice new Grey Hunters! (So, honestly I have some blood from the Wolf King in my veins too...) Unfortunately I didn't have those armies anymore, but hey, life changes, and now I'm here with an even better company :wink:

Some of my Sons are ready to be painted, and my goal is to paint at least 10 miniatures for the Heresy until the end of the year. Fingers crossed, that I achieve this goal!

Oh, nice to hear, you have feelings for the Greatest Legion too! ;) I missed the release of those newer plastic SWs and the grumpy old fakk I am, I regard the previous upgrade sprue as better. ;) But I have actually never used any of those newer ones - I will have a look however!

Sounds like a decent goal. Plenty enough time (?) and a fresh new unit for your stuff?

Mine is to have 10 of these done  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/358995-grimfang-gogulk%C2%B4s-da-red-devilz-sw-a/ (shameless plug..)

Then I can put all effort into plastic Grey Slayers!

Oh, nice to hear, you have feelings for the Greatest Legion too! :wink: I missed the release of those newer plastic SWs and the grumpy old fakk I am, I regard the previous upgrade sprue as better. :wink: But I have actually never used any of those newer ones - I will have a look however!

Sounds like a decent goal. Plenty enough time (?) and a fresh new unit for your stuff?

Mine is to have 10 of these done  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/358995-grimfang-gogulk%C2%B4s-da-red-devilz-sw-a/ (shameless plug..)

Then I can put all effort into plastic Grey Slayers!

CommandOrks??? :biggrin.: Nice idea and even nicer execution :wink:

I made some progress on the earlier mentioned five Sons of Horus veterans. Still plenty of work to be done, but not that far from finishing them. I will have Thursday and Friday off next week, so I hope, that I can complete them. 

If the weather will allow it, then I will prime the Spartan tomorrow. He is eager for the fight, seen here taunting a Greater Daemon of Khorne (actual battle footage) :wink:

Predator and Prey

lol, that is a very cute doggie. Gotta love the hounds. :smile.: Looks like (s)he seems to think it needs more dakka?

The Spartan seems so cool, I can´t wait to get my hands on one...

He is my sisters dog, and I'm the babysitter, if she and her friend go out somewhere. It wold be definitely a showdown between he and the Spartan :wink:

About the Spartan: it is a great kit. If I'm not counting the Imperial Knights it is the biggest 40k model I put together. It doesn't have that many parts, but it has some hefty ones. Big chunks of resin, sure. The new version with the one-piece side and tracks is easy to assemble, but still, because of the resin casting, unfortunately it could have many defective parts. I used some green stuff to cover the worst of it. After I finished him I didn't wanted to see another resin thing for months :biggrin.:

But still, I'm absolutely proud, that I have one, and it will be a vital addition to my Iron Hands army.

Lol, some crushing maw attacks.. ;)

Good to know, it was quite some time since I built any big FW kits (did a number of drop pods 2004 or so..) Wondered a bit how difficult that one would be. Sounds better than I hoped for then?

Definetly the no.1 FW tank for me to get for 30k. Love the old school Land Raider and this one just seems like a souped up one. ;) Let us know how it goes when it sees action!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings brothers!

Have been enjoying reading your posts, as someone that loves the Heresy with a passion (far more than for 40k).

Where are you both based, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in North Wales, UK. Not far from Liverpool.

Either of you done a heresy Weekender, or any other meet up? I've never actually managed a game of 30k, I've only really played with my friends and none of them are into 30k.

I'm keen to see more of your armies of possible?

Sagittary, if you need someone to help ease the cost of buying FW drop me a PM, I know everyone outside the UK gets a markup, so I'm happy to help however I can.

Altis

Greetings Altis!

Sadly I live far from Liverpool, mainland Europe, easter region :wink: (well not that far east, but still far away in many respect).

I sadly never attended a Weekender (and it seems, that I cannot do it in the - near - future), but it was on my to-do-list since the first Heresy Weekender! In the meantime many things chanced, and I have sadly lost interest in many things in this hobby, but the Heresy was the only thing, that kept me around. I'm still reading the Heresy novels, while I avoid nearly everything 40k has to offer (nearly, because Abnett still rocks with Eisenhorn and Ravenor!). 

I finished last week 5 veterans for my Sons, but will only take some pictures, if the next 5 is also complete... I have to motivate myself somehow!!! :biggrin.:

It seems, that in march we will have a small AoD tournament. I'm a little bit excited, as it could be the first time, that I will be able to play some real games with my collection! Infos are, that they would like to run the games on 1500 points. 
I might take the Sons... I'm not sure, because I still need some units to make a workable list. I think I will look for some help from the other members of this great community!

Also, I would like to expand my collection with some Blood Angels, that will be playable in both 30k and 40k... But this will be next year's project.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear you still hobby in some way, I know many people who have fallen out of love with 40k so good you still have the Heresy!

Would love to see some progress pics? 

Personally I would love to see a HH weekender organised by the forum where we could all meet up.

Thanks! I'm a bit busy right now (and I'm sick too, but working fulltime - I love my job...:wacko.: ),  but I will try to take some pics. And perhaps I will start working on some more Sons... I hope that I will have enough time during the holidays to finish a complete unit (or two).

And I might get some test games in January, as one of my friends agreed on trying out my list. Actually he seems a bit excited, as he isn't a fan of 8th edition, just like myself :biggrin.:

And I think that idea with the HH weekender is FANTASTIC! I hope, that it will happen someday, and I could participate...

Edited by TheDreadfulSagittary

• 5 months later...

Greetings, if there is still somebody here!

So, we are nearly at the end of the lockdown here in Europe, but looking back I did so little in terms of the Horus Heresy. There were signs, that this year could be a big one, and I managed to light some fire within the local gaming community, but then Covid happened, and it took the momentum completely. I should also add that I finally found something that redirected me back to 40k in the form of the new Sisters, and it took most of my hobby money and time. Now the SoB and the Adeptus Titanicus Maniple became my main focuses, and the Heresy went into a dormant state. 
I don't know how the things will be going after the full reopening, as the ones who showed interest in the game went silent in the last months, and now 9th edition hit, which honestly is taking most of my attention right now. I still love the Heresy setting and the game, but I don't know how the local community, or even myself will be reacting to the changes which we face. I know that from a financial perspective, I'm not able to fully support three game systems.

Well, that will mean, that I might be finally able to paint all the things what I bought in the last 2-3 years :biggrin.: Right now it is really uncertain, if my Sons of Horus will become a fully playable army, or they will remain a showcase force... But I will do my best to at least paint the ones that I already have! :teehee:

Today I finished some Veterans which I started back in December. I hope you like them!

Those Veterans look sharp, the topknots add a heap of character. Certainly interesting times to be living in, but I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest of your XVIth lads painted.

Thank you brother! 

Yes, I love those top knots, really make these warriors look unique. And the special SoH upgrades are also really great, they add to that barbarian feel of the Legion. Honestly, I love painting these models and also love the scheme - although my first and main army is a sizeable Iron Hands force, somehow I love the Sons even more than the scions of Ferrus Manus. 

I have 5 or 6 unpainted models in power armour, and if they are also finished I will make a group shot of all my PA Sons :wink:

You might've already answered this, but what's your recipe for the Sons of Horus green? Looks really good!

Thank you!

It is an old Duncan-recipe from a video that went online around the release of the Betrayal at Calth box. 

Black undercoat

Incubi Darkness base

then two thin coats of Kabalite Green

shading with Coelia Greenshade

and highlighting with Sybarite Green

It is an easy method, but yet really catches the eye. 

• 3 weeks later...

A milestone reached, a part of the road completed! Today I finished the last power armoured models for the Sons! I had two with Heavy Bolters, two Vexillas and a regular bolter guy left, and with them the main body of the army is ready. 

Forgive me, because the lighting is pretty bad...

SoH Lodge Priest

SoH Troops 1

SoH Troops 2

SoH Troops 3

SoH Troops 4

I have 32 Tactical/Veteran Marines and a Chaplain/Lodge Priest ready. I loved painting them, but I'm also happy that I finished this section of the army. It took me more than a year, but in the meantime I did other projects to. 

I think that the next section to be made will be the transports. I have 2 Rhinos and a Dreadclaw (one Rhino is finished, but the other one and the DC is just primed). Now I'm working on some titans for AT, because I decided that I will be rotating my painting projects: HH, AT and 40k. I think with that method I will be able to keep up with the work and don't burn my enthusiasm along the way. 

• 3 months later...

By the Big E's psy-crafted beard, it's been a damn long time since I last made any contribution to my collection or this part of the community... It wasn't planned that way, but life got always in the way of me doing something hobby-related. In the last months there were some attempts but I failed mostly in everything. I finally gathered some confidence last week and put the five Justaerin Terminators on my workbench - now or never style :biggrin.:

Here is the end result

20201004 151123

I know, Justaerins should be black and gold all the way, but I loved my initial SoH scheme, and wanted them to look as cool as the other members of my small collection. And I didn't wanted to paint black armour again, been fed up with it right now (and that's why I didn't know when will be there any progress on my older and bigger Iron Hands collection...). I hope that you like them as much as I do :smile.:

Great update mate, any chance of getting a close up or two?

Thank you Altis! 

I tried to get some better pictures, but the lighting at home is not as ideal. And I took a new photo about my Iron Hands terminators too!

20201005 154015

20201005 153946

20201005 153811

Right now I'm trying to get my contemptor back from a friend to have it also undercoated, and I have a Rhino and a Dreadclaw for the Sons still unpainted.