Anvil Industry Jungle Fighters

THUNDERFISTS

https://anvilindustry.co.uk/

I'm looking at getting some Not-Catachan models from Anvil Industry using their Jungle Fighter bits.

- Has anyone had experiences with these models?

- How comparable are they to GW's "current" grognard models?

- Does anyone have photos of these in the wild? Google hasn't turned up anything for me, nor does Anvil specifically advertise this build (for what I can only assume is to avoid a C&D from big daddy GW). 

If it doesn't look too startling I will likely combine these kits with the GW ones, including the more modern command squad and Heavy Weapon Team boxes. They've also just released their Pin-Up Jungle Commissar that I NEED to get. 

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/Regiments/Commissars/Jungle%20Commissar%201-800x800.jpg

I haven't used the Anvil Industry Jungle Fighters, but I did use Anvil minis for my Lascannon heavy weapon teams (Shoulder fired instead of tripod, looks badass) and my Sergeants, to give them a more distinctive look.

Anvil minis are smaller than their GW counterparts, however standing up and looking down at them on the table, you won't be able to notice the difference. As long as your paint scheme is relatively consistent, you'd never notice the difference over the course of normal play. If you lean in close, you'll see they're not the same size and have different detailing for things like armor.

This first picture is a mix of minis, with GW Catachans, GW Cadians as well as my Anvil Sergeants and normal anvil soldiers mixed in there. The figure in the far back left is a different one from a different company.

SfPWHbf.jpg

This picture shows, from left to right, my OoTF proxy, a GW Sergeant and one of my Anvil Sergeants.

rOnPeQ8.jpg

Thanks Tirak, that was very helpful. I ordered a squad and the Commissar as a trial run. If they don't look too different from each other they will get intermingled. 

I definitely should have enough leftover guard bits, lasguns and the like, so they can mix in a bit better. 

Thunderfists, the AI Jungle Fighters aren't nearly as out of proportion as the GW plastics - they're more in line with the original metal Catachans.

I did a quick line up for ya:

OklrBJ2.jpg

As you can see, the Anvil mini fits well with the original metal IG - less bulky than the Cadians.

-Ran

If you're chasing the metal Catachans on eBay, just remember to be patient - there are lots of sellers offering single minis for ridiculously high prices, but occasionally a seller comes along with a fantastic bulk deal.

-Ran

Archived