Future Black Book speculation

Tymell

I want Tallarn. I want it filled with new vehicles and Titans. I want to see some of the freaky Rogue Trader stuff that was mentioned. And then I want Beta Gamma and the mother of all Titan battles. I want a book that focuses on the Imperial Guard with rules for the Geno Chilliad. I want Mars as a seperate book filled with Titans, skittarii, and weird Mechanicus units.

Those are the main three I want, but I can think of others...

yes yes and YES! I want Imperial Army especially Gene Enhanced non Marines like the Chiliad just more Regular stuff in general. And Mars would be amazing I want all manner of Mechanicus and Dark Mechanicus Tech and Robots and Heresy Era Skitarii they even once said they weren't necessarily the same as the 40k Skitarii.

And pls for the love of the Imperial Truth gimme the missing models... I want Sisters of Silence stuff and especially the Hetaeron Guard and like the 5000000 characters who are missing models

But I honestly doubt we'll get anything of that

I wonder if we'll be getting rules in which players could combine Horus Heresy 28mm scale with Adeptus Titanicus

Honestly? Stuff like that is much better left up to players and event organisers etc.

I agree. There’s some simply amazing packs out there for events and GW have pretty much shown to zero to 1% interest ever in crossing over any types of games.

BCC

Hmmm I wonder if the fact that they just started putting some new Dark Angels models up for sale might mean we get book 9 sooner than the Weekender?

Could just be that these models are finished now and they just want to put them up for sale.

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

Let me burst that bubble for you then. :D

There is probably a non-zero chance that Book 9 might appear before the Weekender, but I hope for everybody's sake that it doesn't. We hobbyists do enjoy a moan, and given the complaints about the change in tone for book 8, I sincerely hope that if they are close to done, they take the time to rake through it and make sure that everything's up to scratch. Every time there's a vocal minority complaining about something relatively minor to do with Heresy releases, it just grinds my gears so much.

I say this as someone who didn't really have any complaints with book 8, and who is very much looking forward to book 9, as it can only bring me closer to having an official Destroyer Company RoW. 

Guest Metaliptica

Speaking of the releases : does anyone thinks that the Lion will be released the same way sanguinius was ? before the black book with pdf rules attached ?

Edited by Metaliptica

Speaking of the releases : does anyone thinks that the Lion will be released the same way sanguinius was ? before the black book with pdf rules attached ?

It's possible.

I remember mention of the Lion being worked on going back years, from when the DA were in book 8. Since we know from the Weekender that Khan isn't very likely to be next, it's not out of the question.

Is just a matter of whether or not Lion's model is done or nearly done. We only know he's being playtested, and his weapon (options) have been discussed by Simon Egan.

Edited by Darkwrath121

It's possible.

I remember mention of the Lion being worked on going back years, from when the DA were in book 8. Since we know from the Weekender that Khan isn't very likely to be next, it's not out of the question.

Is just a matter of whether or not Lion's model is done or nearly done. We only know he's being playtested, and his weapon (options) have been discussed by Simon Egan.

If he is, that means I've gotta start saving up for him :lol:

Let me burst that bubble for you then. :biggrin.:

There is probably a non-zero chance that Book 9 might appear before the Weekender, but I hope for everybody's sake that it doesn't. We hobbyists do enjoy a moan, and given the complaints about the change in tone for book 8, I sincerely hope that if they are close to done, they take the time to rake through it and make sure that everything's up to scratch. Every time there's a vocal minority complaining about something relatively minor to do with Heresy releases, it just grinds my gears so much.

I say this as someone who didn't really have any complaints with book 8, and who is very much looking forward to book 9, as it can only bring me closer to having an official Destroyer Company RoW. 

The thing is more that we know from the last reports that they are very far along with book 9, so theoretically an earlier release is not that crazy.

But realistically it's probably going to be the Weekender. They had such a large portion of book 9 by the time Malevolence came out btw, that I doubt any criticism leveled at that book in terms of writing, would have impact on what they did with book 9. I do hope they implement more artwork, like they used to.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see some Old Hundred models for the Imperial Army - I vaguely recall from one of the early HH novels a scene where an Old Hundred commanding officer of some sort is holding court, and he/she has a ceremonial uniform that includes multiple arms in what I think is implied to be a Shiva or Ganesh inspired look. I remember thinking how cool it'd be to have models like that.

Auxilia-wise, I'd also love to see more variants of the Aurox/Carnodon, or another tank in the same aesthetics as them and the Dracosan.

Legions-wise, I'd love to see more medium Marine vehicles, or even more legion-specific ones (I'm partial to Iron Warriors), whether they're unique models or just unique variants of the standard ones. It probably doesn't really fit, given the current heavy flyers, but I'd love to see a Marine equivalent to a Marauder bomber - something that's a true heavy bomber, rather than a transport with lots of guns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Zero news that I have seen. GW cancelled the Forgeworld Open days that used to be there every year and that would give us some mid year info.

Now, nothing since Warhammer Fest in May. There is nothing even planned until the Weekender. There is the Warhammer Open day at the very end of November, maybe there will be FW staff there. 

Edited by Taliesin

For some reason Atramentar stick out in my brain either as they aren’t doing them or they are but I can’t remember why

According to the team, they fall into the same category as Sanguinary Guard for them, where they feel they'd be better served giving rules to more unique/interesting units. That was from the Weekender or WHFest, I forget exactly!