Interesting development

Lord Raven 19

It's difficult to imagine the Raven Guard getting their own codex. Even with their overpowered 3rd edition rules, the Raven Guard were just a variation on the Codex: Space Marines theme, and they've been toned down considerably since that time. I think it much more likely that we'll see them featured in a campaign, hopefully with an upgrade pack. Or maybe there will be a codex supplement for them (though some will point out how the Iron Hands and Imperial Fists codex supplements were received).

I will wish list: Fallen Angels 
Small light (possibly pre-heresy-era grav bikes, etc) vehicles. Incoming Primarch Lion E'Jonson.
Okay, okay, where are my meds? 

:teehee:

Exclude BA, DA, SW, UM...

Salamanders were in the old Eye of Terror booklet.
Black Templars were in there also, but they did get a codex for a while.
Iron Hands had the Rauken supplement (whether they wanted it or not).

Imperial Fists are really C:SM

All that are left are Raven Guard and White Scars.

Edited by Murlynd

Even as a Blood Angels/(soon) Mechanicus player, I hope more Astartes Chapters get codices, especially Raven Guard. Edgy bird-obsessed poets and nobledark vampires are both right up my alley, so I'd like to get a codex for Raven Guard. Iron Hands and Black Templars should get their own codices too.

I will wish list: Fallen Angels

Small light (possibly pre-heresy-era grav bikes, etc) vehicles. Incoming Primarch Lion E'Jonson.

Okay, okay, where are my meds?

:teehee:

Exclude BA, DA, SW, UM...

Salamanders were in the old Eye of Terror booklet.

Black Templars were in there also, but they did get a codex for a while.

Iron Hands had the Rauken supplement (whether they wanted it or not).

Imperial Fists are really C:SM

All that are left are Raven Guard and White Scars.

*Ahem*

Damocles covered both the Raven Guard and White Scars pretty extensively.

I’d rather it was an Primaris only a Chapter, but if it gets us light (cheap) transports (and cut the cost of Infiltrators 25% :)) I don’t care who they feature. If I had a vote it would be a Chapter that focuses on more effective melee options also .... but that very well could be White Scars

... though if we get a light transport I don’t see a need for jetbikes which I fear we might get. I say fear because while Primaris could use the mobility another expensive unit makes it harder to build a take all comers list. We need good support elements and maybe variety on current models. Maybe improve Reivers or melee up some Aggressors and Interceptors first

They could do Raven Guard right with a White Dwarf, which I’ll keep crossing my fingers for.

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

They could do Raven Guard right with a White Dwarf, which I’ll keep crossing my fingers for.

Realistically, they could do all the Chapters in the vanilla Codex just fine with a White Dwarf mini codex like they just did with Assassins.

I just want to see the other 6 First Founding Chapters get the same allotment of relics, Strategems, and Warlord Traits as DA, BA, and Wolves.

And for Emperors sake give the poor Iron Hands a named character already!

I can't see any Chapter codes being released. I can see more generic mini codexes like Vanguard Primaris, but not Chapter codexes. Chapter rules are the realm of Index Astartes articles in White Dwarf. Maybe this is just a Scars IA coinciding with another Primaris wave.

I think Corax coming back would be more overall cool (I like Corax better) but the White Scars are just so boring right now. Raven Guard have the sneaky stealthy thing, and the White Scars are just so forgettable. I feel like the White Scars need it more, but the Raven Guard deserve it more.

I think Corax coming back would be more overall cool (I like Corax better) but the White Scars are just so boring right now. Raven Guard have the sneaky stealthy thing, and the White Scars are just so forgettable. I feel like the White Scars need it more, but the Raven Guard deserve it more.

Did someone mention forgettable armies?

In that case, I'd throw the Iron Hands' hat into the ring. The only reason some people remember their existence is 7th edition Smash:cusser lists. Played by the same guys who used WS bike lists when they were somewhat good. And abandoned when a different marine army got better. :sweat:

Yeah, it was my first army because of AdMech ties, and AdMech wasn't out back in the day. Now that FW has some gorgeous models and my hobby skills improved since 5th edition, I consider a small detachment just for fun.

Otherwise, there have never been any IH players locally, except for the "chapter of the week" successors when the near unkillable bike captain was the newest hotness. Redesignated to other chapter's successors the second the new chapter rules for 8th were released.

The sneaky ninja thing makes RG mainly boring and unfitting for SMs.

No less than white painted Mongol marines.

Anyway, I do really not wish for now chapter codices. The last thing 40k needs is even more uncontrolled rules growth.

Additionally, the fluff in 40k codices is mostly written badly anyway, full of redundancies and reduced to cliches, this this would be no reason either.

If Black Templars need a set of rules more distinguished from the vanilla codex, GW should give them a WD entry as the Ynnari got, and the same goes for an Iron Hand special character, but please no more superfluous crunch.