Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wildweasel’s Golden Parade

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts
Just broke the 5,000 point line with my Custodes, with over 2,000 to do before I get that Orion:

RZMZthP.jpg
  • Black Blow Fly, Stoic Raptor, svane jotunsbane and 6 others like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,393 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Very impressive !

Only a fool will claim a loyal and proven Primarch would ever turn ...

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Trajann Valoris: What a hunk of a mini. The feathers I did with Reaper Sparkling Amethyst as a bit of an experiment, and the lion pelt I painted to match my White Lion from Kingdom Death: Monster. (And yeah, I need to go back and get some better photos, was kind of doing this whole shoot in a hurry.)

YnJihhr.jpg

FyPnw6O.jpg

Edited by wildweasel, 23 April 2019 - 03:06 PM.

• Bjorn Firewalker, duz_ and brother_b like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,393 posts

He looks great ! I love the cape !!! :)

• wildweasel likes this

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

He looks great ! I love the cape !!! smile.png

Getting that inlay done was a bit of a challenge - I'm very near sighted and the way the correction on my glasses works for means everything looks smaller to me, especially close up!

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,003 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work. I wonder where the Custodes hunted a lion to make into a cape? Do the Custodes' initiation rites include sending their recruits to a death world, and ordering them to kill one of the predators there, or die?
  • brother_b likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,393 posts

It was a gift from Lionel Johnson .

• Stoic Raptor likes this

=][=

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Excellent work. I wonder where the Custodes hunted a lion to make into a cape? Do the Custodes' initiation rites include sending their recruits to a death world, and ordering them to kill one of the predators there, or die?

I already mentioned where he got his ;)

Ixion Hale: Still hurts that he's like $76 US, but I was at LVO and my partner is an enabler. Used Turbodork's  3D Glasses colorshift paint on the cape.

d9Lx5v8.jpg

E5mTVqe.jpg

• Black Blow Fly, duz_ and brother_b like this

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM

gallery_137876_15354_912689.jpg

Looks amazing, your shot inspired me to take a family photo of my lot!

Only 3,800 points here, but have a Caladius and Pallas that are half painted currently.

• Black Blow Fly, Stoic Raptor, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

3.6k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Shield-Captains gonna Shield-Captain. I still maintina that one one on the left was the original Valdor sculpt but then they realized he wasn't *nearly* extra enough.

2OwfjhE.jpg

CjHCT0V.jpg

xRiJARf.jpg

Edited by wildweasel, 30 April 2019 - 03:49 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Bjorn Firewalker and duz_ like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,808 posts
Really like the Cape on the not Valdor model

Army looks great :tu:
  • wildweasel likes this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,393 posts

Truly awesome work !!! :)

• wildweasel likes this

=][=

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Really like the Cape on the not Valdor model

The raised detail on cloaks/capes are the bane of my existence. I think on that one since it's resin it's a bit better defined.

And my current Troops, 10 Guardians with spears and 8 with sword and board. Need to flesh them out a bit more.

BAJhn1L.jpg

9cniEoA.jpg

• Stoic Raptor, Bjorn Firewalker and duz_ like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,808 posts
Shiney :D

What gold recipe are you using?

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,935 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Wow I love your army.

Simply glorious
  • wildweasel likes this

-~Ishagu~-

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Shiney biggrin.png

What gold recipe are you using?

• Spray with Retributor Armor.
  • Brush on a layer or two of Retirbutor Armor (yes, the can is hella expensive, but the time and hassle it saves in making this step so much easier is dead worth it).
  • Shade with Reikland Fleshshade Gloss.
  • Highlight with Auric Armor Gold.

The eagle prow on the jetbike is Valdor Gold shaded with Nuln Oil Gloss.

ETA: And my pre-Orion to-do list:

• 3 Aquilon Terminators with fists and pew-pew (arms and guns magnetized, currently being painted)
  • 9 Venatrai (to be done 3 at a time between other things)
  • 3 Aquilon Terminators with talons and flamepikes (arms magentized)
  • 5 Guardians with pythrite spears
  • 5 Sagattarium Guard
  • 3 of the FW bikes (ugh)
  • Second fist and two blaze cannons for the Telemon
  • Second Caladius (unless I find enough motivation to try and trade it for someone's Caladius Annihilator they have laying around - which isn't that big a deal)

Edited by wildweasel, 01 May 2019 - 07:55 PM.

• duz_ likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,003 posts
Excellent work, wildweasel.
  • wildweasel likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

The rules may currently be pants, but I love this model to bits.

U41YZMT.jpg

E1tiYMe.jpg

MwKX5g8.jpg

• Black Blow Fly, Stoic Raptor, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,003 posts
Excellent work on the Dreadnought. Is the raised foot meant to make the walker look as if it's actually walking, or will you put something underneath?

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Excellent work on the Dreadnought. Is the raised foot meant to make the walker look as if it's actually walking, or will you put something underneath?

He’s very much in motion, as a contrast to my more static Achillus.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Couple of flag guys:

y70EebZ.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,003 posts
Excellent work on the Ancients/Standard Bearers.
  • wildweasel likes this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Wardens for the party bus:

sOT8ImI.jpg

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +