The Dark Angels of Shaneos

Shaneos

Just a little ETL Update. :)

Vow one is still progressing albeit slowly the past week, life got bit busier and I had less time!

9RbNqKQ.jpg

tEhqyRl.jpg

21LmGrI.jpg

44V0ghz.jpg

OUruMSs.jpg

:) Sammy is about 80% done, Ezekiel is 20% done and Gravis Capt is about 40% done! Hopefully be onto vow 2 by the end of the week!

Looking good Shaneos, you’re making some great progress. I like the bronze accents you’re using, it goes well with the orange/red Bolter casings

Question for you. Are you going through with making your own successor chapter here, or have you decided to just stick with DA?

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Thanks @Arkley this tone was an experiment in a new method. All my DA have a similar skin tone but I just usually use Mournfang Brown and Nuln oil and Agrax Earthshade washes to achieve it. This time I used a few red, blue, and brown washes on a more natural skin-tone looking base of brown (can't remember which one, Scalecolour range) to try to make it look less chocolate and more natural. I have no idea how to highlight it though to make it look more realistic, something to experiment with another time oh well.

Thank you for the kind feedback @Greenz @Spaced Hulk @Bevulf, yes I feel I am making progress these past 12-18 months. I compare my painting now to previously the basic GW base -wash-layer method, and I've haphazardly learned new techniques and although my execution is not great it is just a matter of practice practice practice! For example please see the horrid thick painting on that basic terminator (got given old second hand models that were painted, I didn't even strip them). Trying new conversions and getting inspiration from everyone here has helped me grow a lot also!

To answer your question @Greenz, I'm not sure about making my own Successor Chapter yet. Potentially! I like the idea of it but I'm not the most creative so I'll need to do my research and spend some time brain storming and writing.
But I want to spend my spare time painting for this ETL first. 

Speaking of which...

ETL UPDATE: I have had precious little spare time lately and my first vow, although it is progressing, it is only at a snails pace of 10-20 mins per day. Sammael is proving to be a troublesome model for me, I kept changing my mind on how I wanted to paint him. For example the bronze bits were all gold but I didn't like how it looked. The cloak I spent wayyyy too much time on also, but I'm reasonably happy with it now.

I'm going to have to re assess my next vows that are planned so I can still aim to get 5 done, but alas they will be smaller.

Ll7TlCr.jpg

zYHJe2a.jpg

MW1ybMq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...