Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Syll’Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance New Slaanesh prince

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

Syll’Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance New Slaanesh Daemno prince.

Lets see: 

superb mini:

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Slaanesh43jjhfvbd

heavy hitter:

40kSlaaneshDatasheets-Apr23-SyllEsskePro

40kSlaaneshDatasheets-Apr23-SyllEsskeWea

We don't know yet his points.

But he seems a nice alternative to standard daemon prince (even if he doesn't fly, but movment 9").

I'd like to add him with my new CSM and daemon engines/discordant.

And for once, he looks more prince than dameon!

What do you think guys?

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts
Stunning stunning model. Rules look amazing to. I don't think he looks 40k enough though.

Lord Asvaldir

Lord Asvaldir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,861 posts
  • Faction: WB, NL, DE

I like the bottom guy of the model, but find the herald balancing on his shoulder kinda odd. Rules look incredibly nasty, can't imagine his pts cost will be cheap. 

• Iron Father Ferrum likes this

The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,432 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Could fix the legs into PA ones via GS, take his waifu off his shoulders, shorten that whip move him forward on the base and have the two back to back. Would look much better IMO. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,677 posts

I expect this will not be a HERETIC ASTARTES model, but DAEMON as its Faction, so I wouldn't get too invested in taking him as part of a CSM detachment.

Furnace Lord

Furnace Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts

Yeah, I think this falls under Daemons of Chaos just like the Keeper of Secrets in the preview. He looks like a complete nightmare to transport :P Or they? How does this work, is one named Syll and the other Esske?

Doom Herald

Doom Herald

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 701 posts
I think OP's connecting point was using these with Slaanesh Daemon Engines, which would benefit pretty well from it. The preview said it will have both the Herald and Prince auras, meaning reroll 1s to hit plus +1S. If we are lucky the "Herald locus" will have a different name and will stack with the current herald's aura.

Edited by Doom Herald, 24 April 2019 - 02:16 AM.

• Furnace Lord likes this

Furnace Lord

Furnace Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts

I think OP's connecting point was using these with Slaanesh Daemon Engines, which would benefit pretty well from it. The preview said it will have both the Herald and Prince auras, meaning reroll 1s to hit plus +1S. If we are lucky the "Herald locus" will have a different name and will stack with the current herald's aura.

Ah, good point. It's also probably a psyker

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Definitely a great model and sick rules, however it's a Codex Daemons choice not a Codex Chaos Space Marines choice, so if you want to take him you have to take a separate Daemon detachment or lose Legion benefits in your CSM detachment.

I'd definitely 40k him up if I wouldn't also use my Daemons for AoS though.

• the emperor is scottish likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

Isn't Slaanesh a sufficient keyword for a detachment which allow to mix several units of slaanesh, even if they are not all daemon?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts

Isn't Slaanesh a sufficient keyword for a detachment which allow to mix several units of slaanesh, even if they are not all daemon?

Sure but not if you want Legion benefits from that detachment.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts

I would probably take the herald off his back. It looks weird. Possibly replace it with a backpack/power pack device with biomechanical tentacles coming from it as a stand in. 
I think i would also swap out the axe as it has a thousand sons feel to me. 

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,432 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Realized I wasn't clear, was thinking about the changes I mentioned prior for adding it as a no name DIY Slaanesh prince for CSM as an alternate model. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Sception

Sception

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,827 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

I would probably take the herald off his back. It looks weird. Possibly replace it with a backpack/power pack device with biomechanical tentacles coming from it as a stand in. 
I think i would also swap out the axe as it has a thousand sons feel to me. 

If you didn't like the herald on his back, you could also move the herald down to the base so its just standing there next to him.

from Shame and Shadow recast, in Black and Gold reborn.

dark_elf

dark_elf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
Like many, I intend to remove the Herals, it just looks odd to be up there and a nightmare to pack away.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,055 posts
The model is great and 9" move is good too. Being a daemon faction isn't terrible especially if you were to ally a supreme command detachment with say 3 Lord Discordants as they advance and charge with the help of a Slaanesh daemons detachment, but at that point 9" move is still too slow and you can't ignore cover in movement phase either which a winged daemon prince doesn't have that problem.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Marshlands

Marshlands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
I imagine it's about to be fairly easy to take a cheap and useful Slannesh Daemons detachment

This guy looks like major power creep, I mean i like it but I hope it's at least pointed fairly because he's an absolute beast

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts

I'll definitely keep Syll on his shoulders, but I think I'm going to magnetize her ... potentially the whip as well. Otherwise I can't imagine how to transport them without breaking everything lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users