Vermintide's Blood Drinkers- The Soul Reavers

Vermintide

Know the feeling. Terminators might no be any good atm but theres something majestic abouth them. Loved them since 2nd edition.

Great paintjob. So atleast your terminators will look great when they fail their charge and die :wink:

There is at least hope in the form of that Chaplain litany with the +2 to charge I guess. But like you say- At least they'll die in style!

• 6 months later...

Time for a bump! Lockdown has had me being vaguely productive in regards to painting, so I'm crunching through that backlog and there's a little bit of a fluff update for these lads :yes: Yeah, I might have revisited a certain classic PS1 game recently.

Dred Bros

Honoured Brothers Malek and Turel. I've decided I like autocannons, so these guys are gonna be bringing some dakka, alongside the Baal Predator I'll be working on this week.

Librarian Vorador

Librarian Vorador. As long serving as even some of the chapter's Dreadnought interred brothers, and sage counsel to Captain Kain.

Chaplain Raziel

Chaplain Raziel. The Soul Reaver himself. The angel of Death. Responsible for the guidance and leadership of the chapter's Death Company, and keeper of unorthodox, some might say heretical, secrets.

The Soul Reavers are a splinter chapter descended from the Blood Drinker gene seed; only their beliefs go much further. The ritual consumption of blood is not only a ceremonial custom. It is a sacrament in which these Marines believe they are consuming their enemy's very souls. It is what gives them their strength, and, they believe, their unique control over the Flaw inherent to all sons of Sanguinius.

But that may not be the entire truth...

Death Company

But alas. No sooner do I finish one batch of models (and have plenty left to work on), I start thinking "Hmm... I could kitbash together a Sanguinary Ancient and Sanguinary Priest... Then I could be a cheap ass and run these DC as SG when it suits me... "

It's both thrifty AND fluffy. Stay tuned and there will probably be an update on that in mid-December :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Back on the wagon. Finished a couple of bits recently.

Baal Pred, mandatory in my lists alongside assault cannon/CCW dreads for Rule of Cool, even if it isn't great competitively.

Baal Pred

As yet un-named Sanguinary Priest. Priests in my chapter are part of the Reclusiam, they do not seek to cure the flaw, nor dissuade their brothers from giving in to their instincts. Indeed they do not see it as a flaw whatsoever.

Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest (Rear)

Working on the Bladeguard next, so looking at the level of detail there that'll be approximately one week per model :sweat:

Also might have caved in and ordered a biker Chaplain. Couldn't resist.

Edited by Vermintide

Beautiful works. As for the Sanguinary Priest, the Reiver mask reminds me of that of Immortan Joe, from Mad Max: Fury Road, so may I propose the name "Josephus of the Undying Flames of Retribution, the Primarch's Rage Embodied, Instrument of the Emperor's Hatred Towards Enemies of Mankind"?

This one was uncharacteristically fast for me.

Bladeguard Captain

Getting pretty comfortable with the red technique these days, although it's still painstakingly labour intensive. It takes a lot of layers to get the red to the right strength, and then I have to wash the whole thing with Agrax before filling in the red again for contrast.

Warhammer is nothing if not a lesson in patience.

Good work, brother! Nice contrasts!

I would add more white to the mask, to make it pop more. Alternatively - dull the skull on the small shield as currently it draws attention more than the face.

But again - really good work! :smile.:

Well spotted, I actually dabbed my brush into the wrong mix on my palette there; then after swearing rather loudly I shrugged and said "Nah, I meant to do that." :whistling:

I think giving the mask one last bright edge along the cheekbone should be sufficient to make it pop though. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Couple more squads finished recently, might as well capitalise while I'm on a painting hype I figure.

Assault Intercessors:

VI Assault Intercessors

Eradicators:

XIII Eradicator Squad

So that's a significant chunk of Indomitus tackled. If only I hadn't got greedy and snagged an extra set of Outriders and Eradicators on eBay... The end will justify the means :wink:

• 4 months later...

Time for a bump, I've left my Blood Angels languishing for some time. I've done a bunch of work on my Necrons over the last couple months (which I need to get some photos of some day), as well as general non-Warhammer IRL side-content, so it's about time my attention cycled back round to them.

Finished this guy up, who I started back in like, January or February. I was pretty hyped about the Chapter Champion after finally getting my hands on the main codex and reading his profile.

Company Champion

Also gave my Death Company something of a HD remaster. Features include a more aesthetically pleasing (and game-legal) loadout, tidier highlights, and a pseudo-NMM effect that resulted as a happy accident from trying to cover up some nasty mould lines.

Death Company & Co

The good thing is I'm merely one squad of Assault Intercessors and one squad of Eradicators away from a fully painted 2000 point list by this point (out of a nearly 4000 point collection :D ) Takes me a long time to get around to those basic troops, I'm far too easily distracted by fancy character models and kitbashing projects.

Thank you kindly chaps :)

And yeah, I think it was somebody here who tipped me off, when I was raging about bolter/melee weapon no longer being allowed a while back. Turns out they are practically 1:1 identical to a heavy bolt pistol other than the mag, so that was a good shout.

Time for a bump, I've left my Blood Angels languishing for some time. I've done a bunch of work on my Necrons over the last couple months (which I need to get some photos of some day), as well as general non-Warhammer IRL side-content, so it's about time my attention cycled back round to them.

Finished this guy up, who I started back in like, January or February. I was pretty hyped about the Chapter Champion after finally getting my hands on the main codex and reading his profile.

Also gave my Death Company something of a HD remaster. Features include a more aesthetically pleasing (and game-legal) loadout, tidier highlights, and a pseudo-NMM effect that resulted as a happy accident from trying to cover up some nasty mould lines.

The good thing is I'm merely one squad of Assault Intercessors and one squad of Eradicators away from a fully painted 2000 point list by this point (out of a nearly 4000 point collection :biggrin.: ) Takes me a long time to get around to those basic troops, I'm far too easily distracted by fancy character models and kitbashing projects.

Loving the company champion! :drool: